It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S and U.K prepare for giant solar storm.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The United States and United Kingdom are likely set to begin “controlled” power cuts in preparation of a giant solar storm. Read more: www.darkgovernment.com...

I can honestly say I'm speechless. I'm eager to watch how this all pans out. Care to speculate?

U.S., U.K Prepare for giant solar storm
edit on 14-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So they're basically saying that they want the power to shut off large sections of the power grid (or the entire thing) whenever they please.

This certainly does NOT surprise me. The British Government for sure, and probably the American Government too, have had this power over the phone grid (and yes, I include landlines with this) since the 1950's.

In Britain, cell phones can be registered as "emergency" numbers for those with true need for access to the grid when there is a national emergency. At times like these, the UK Government can shut off the entire cell phone network to all users except for emergency registered cell phones. The average Joe with a cell phone can't access the network in these times, at all, whereas those registered as emergency services have full access. This is not a conspiracy theory - this is a well documented fact. They can do the same thing with land lines, and have had this power and the authority to do this since the 1950's. I'm sure that they can do this with computer networks as well, with or without warrants.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they want the authority to do this with the power grid - it just surprises me that they don't have this authority already.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

but we weren't even informed of this! Thanks for the info!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We won't be able to keep an eye on the governments.....great

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This just dawned on me, correct me if I'm way off. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the lunar eclipse that is suppose to occur today, I mean the fact that it will be visible 75% of the world is a very eerie anomaly in itself.
edit on 15-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This may sound like a dumb question, but why would they need to shut off power grids when the American Astronomical Society is saying that this cycle won't be as bad as expected and that there may not be another cycle for years if not decades?? Aren't the two issues in conflict?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
How is that going to help in the case of a solar storm?
I was under the impression that everything electric would get shut off and no longer work. Does the flare not effect TPTB's electricity? Am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Good find. If anyone sees rolling blackouts actually happen, or any legislation that would allow massive blackouts, I hope they'll report it.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Lunar eclipse.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

It is a little concerning but I find this quote to be even more intriguing.

The fact that NASA was partly founded by former Nazis and has a long history of cover ups also remains very relevant. Is this a real threat for the very near future or is some other sort of space event on that horizon?

edit on 15-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Interesting stuff here.
One flare went in the opposite direction of earth and another missed us but provided a large full scale solar show for those that were in the correct area. If a large flare were to hit us, I don't think there is much we could do besides be lucky. Blackouts beforehand are not a solution, if a transformer is hit, it will be destroyed, simple as that. Other countries may suffer even worse fates due to their lack thereof contingency plans. Not saying the USA has the correct sort of plan. If only we could move the planet 10-20 million light years away from the sun.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Wasn't there just an announcement that there was a possibility of a mini ice age in the next decade because of decreased solar activity?? Now they're worried about solar flares and MORE activity. WHICH IS IT!?? WHAT'S GOING ON!??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d39ca7b68e4.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

The source website is total #, and only # websites are reporting this black out. The rest of the world already knows the exact opposite is happening.

Also this was already post on here.
www.newscientist.com...
edit on 15-6-2011 by aceto because: link

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by aceto

And what exactly is a "# website"? Here's a link from an article via NASA. I think it's safe to say that none of 'us' know what's really going on.

NASA: "We're Seeing Things We've Never Seen Before" Massive Plasma Waves Sweep The Sun

edit on 15-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: Changed a punctuatioin mistake.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Why why why couldn't you go speechless after two paragraphs ? One liner threads shouldn't even be posted.
No snF.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
cincinnati ohio here, its 147am i see nothing so far.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
Wasn't there just an announcement that there was a possibility of a mini ice age in the next decade because of decreased solar activity?? Now they're worried about solar flares and MORE activity. WHICH IS IT!?? WHAT'S GOING ON!??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d39ca7b68e4.gif[/atsimg]

What's really going on is that they have no effing idea what the sun will do-- in two days or two years.

for all we know, an unexpected minimum could precede a catastrophic flare or other solar disturbance.

Nobody knows. They are guessing based on what they've seen before; and they've never seen this behavior before.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
So they're basically saying that they want the power to shut off large sections of the power grid (or the entire thing) whenever they please.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclulsion, but they aren't really saying that at all. The purpose of turning the grid off is to prevent further damage to the electrical infrastructure in the event of a strong solar storm.

There is a feeling that if a "category 5" solar storm – the biggest of the five categories – were to be predicted, then taking the grid off-line before it is due to hit Earth and letting the storm pass would be better than trying to keep things running, he said.
source
Unless "they" can create large solar storms, it's unlikely that they can just shut off the power grid whenever they please. Although the OP's article makes it seem as if a major solar storm is imminent in the near future, this is not necessarily the case. Of course it's possible, but not likely to happen very soon.

Originally posted by babybunnies
This certainly does NOT surprise me. The British Government for sure, and probably the American Government too, have had this power over the phone grid (and yes, I include landlines with this) since the 1950's.

In Britain, cell phones can be registered as "emergency" numbers for those with true need for access to the grid when there is a national emergency. At times like these, the UK Government can shut off the entire cell phone network to all users except for emergency registered cell phones. The average Joe with a cell phone can't access the network in these times, at all, whereas those registered as emergency services have full access. This is not a conspiracy theory - this is a well documented fact. They can do the same thing with land lines, and have had this power and the authority to do this since the 1950's. I'm sure that they can do this with computer networks as well, with or without warrants.

You are right, it is not a conspiracy theory. Although it could be taken that this control is for nefarious purposes, there is a reason that this is possible. If there is an emergency situation or power has been lost, the capacity for telecommunication companies to handle traffic volume is diminished. This happened recently during the Christchurch quakes here in NZ, and it meant people couldn't make calls once the system was overloaded. It makes sense to reserve some capabilities for emergency services. This would generally include the average Joe making calls to emergency services, just not friends and family. It was recommended here that people use txt messages instead of calling, as this uses less of the networks resources. This is better than people requiring urgent attention not being able to get through.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they want the authority to do this with the power grid - it just surprises me that they don't have this authority already.
I'm pretty sure they did have this authority already, as they are not stating that recent legislation gives them this control. If a power company feels their lines are threatened, I'm sure they are entitled to shut off vulnerable systems. The reason being that magnetic storms could cause large voltages to be generated in transformers, which would then flow on to commercial and residential properties unless disconneced, causing much more damage. So I don't see anything too worrying about this article, at least not yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Interesting site.

Its using the INTELHUB as its source.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The solar activity is not a concern to either of those nations. I work in the Satellite industry and can confirm that none of the big players believe that their satellites will be seeing any issues, in which case neither will anything within the Earths atmosphere. Intelsat, Eutelsat and SES World Skies all say everything is fine and they have their own experts analysing the data. If they are not concerned then neither should we be.

join