It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec Strikes Again - Pretentious Press Statement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

LulzSec Strikes Again - Pretentious Press Statement

lulzsecurity.com

Dear Internets,

It has come to our unfortunate attention that NATO and our good friend Barrack
Osama-Llama 24th-century Obama have recently upped the stakes with regard to hacking.
They now treat hacking as an act of war. So, we just hacked an FBI affiliated website
(Infragard, specifically the Atlanta chapter) and leaked its user base. We also took
complete control over the site and defaced it, check it out if it's still up: infragardatlanta.org...

While not very many logins (around 180), we'd like to take the time to point out that all
of them are affiliated with the F
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
We accept your threats, NATO. Game on, losers.

Looks like things are going to get real soon.

I think we are going to see a hand come down on that switch.

I'd like to hear what others think will be the outcome of these 'cyber-attacks', which are now considered an 'act of war'.

lulzsecurity.com

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I dunno I can't quite bring myself to trust lulzsec, I've heard people claim that anon are a cia op but lulzsec seems more likely to be one to me. Maybe I'm just being paranoid...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

I'd like to hear what others think will be the outcome of these 'cyber-attacks', which are now considered an 'act of war'.

You go ahead and hack a government computer.... Let us know how that goes...

That is.... let us know after you get out of prison.

Now I think this statement is aimed more at hacker groups from outside the country... They know that it is possible to do real damage to our infrastructure... Whole power grids could be shut off...And worse which would cause a huge risk to our citizens...

and yeah, if some one were to get hurt or killed because of that cyber attack, it could be classified as a foreigner attacking people on our own soil... An act of war.

You don't want to be in prison? Don't hack them! Simple really.

Now lets not be naive enough to think that this will start an actual full on war, unless the hacking is done by another government, rather than just some lone computer geek...

They are just talking big, trying to deter people from messing with them...
edit on 14-6-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

LOL.

You know how it looks to me? These intelligence agencies got too cocky and now these kids from around the globe are running circles around them and their paychecks they get from CEO's

It's nothing short of legendary.

Unless of course, this is all a big government operation...
(this is a tactic by the way - the governments would like you to believe they have a strangle hold on all intelligence and nothing gets past them. Truth is, plenty gets past them).

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Holy crap... look at their website... Sony, Nintendo, FBI

I didn't think Sony or Nintendo were aware of who did it, yet here lulz are posting the data they took-.----

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

This is what I think. Right now, we are living in the "information age". The "industrial age" has now past. This is were we get into information warfare on a large scale. Information warefare is were it's at, almost always has been, and alwyas will be. But since so many aspects of our lives now depend on the rapid and secure exchange of electronic information, for instance, the internet, it also makes that same exchange of information an area of a countrys infrastructure that will become more and more vunerable to exploitation. Right now, the hacks seem to target systems that can reveal embarassing or damaging information with regard to the policies and procedures used by governmental agencies or high profile business and private citizens. When the hacks begin to start targeting things like the military pay and procurement systems, operational and planning data bases for the military and governmantal agencies, law enforcement case data bases, air traffic control systems, railroad routing and control systems, and other things of that nature, then the "governments" of the world will get together and say, hey, enough is enough and the gloves will come off and the internet as we know it cease to exist and people that call themselves "hackers" will be pursued with the same furvor that people that call themselves "insurgents" are pursued today, and that will put the nail in the coffin of a free and open public internet that will be replaced by a strictly controlled and regulated government oversighted internet. The "one bad apple" scenario. The governments will shut down the internet for the sake of "national security" and that will be that. The other thing is the government has they're own hackers to, but they will have a MASSIVE amount of resources at they're disposal. Who knows what kinds of systems are being put together right now in the basements of NSA and CIA? But in the end, as in all things with human nature, it will all turn to crap! In effect, hacking is just a way to "weaponize" the internet which has already started and there is no turning back now. The Lords and Ladies will do whatever it takes to keep the governments in control.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I'm starting to think this is our government doing this.

Now they can attack A-N-Y-O-N-E(well-faster now anyways) in the world because they made a new law...

All this hacking stuff is getting very interesting, to say the least...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
LOL a bit funny how Anon have gone quiet, since these peeps kicked in....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The false flag aspect of this all is definitely very troubling, but I'm not convinced just yet. Particularly since the attacks don't really seem to be on 'us' but rather on 'them'. The compromised info on the Sony Network (not posted on lulzsec I might add) is the closest this whole cyberwar has come to a casualty, everything else seems to be an attack on the system.

Also, it should be noted that this post from lulz is actually nearly 2 weeks old. As it's posted in breaking, I assumed it was new, a lot is happening in this arena at the moment so it's good to be aware of the timeline.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This happened like four days ago.
The people there used the same email they used for work for their personal email addresses. Which means they dumb, and doubly dumb for a security company.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

How has anon gone quiet they were never loud.. this is technically the same thing.
These people are just as anonymous.
Anon was never a group like this.. well they didn't claim to be.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I am always suspect about these 'hacker' groups in the current climate.

If they had any smarts, they should go after the Off Shore Tax Havens & Banks around the world.

That would expose the worlds criminals (Crims,Politicians,Corporations,Tax Evaders).
A user account, and Balance would expose all.
This would be the ultimate target(s).

You then have to ask, why these banks exist, and why they remain safe....

Anon??? Lulz??? Make a real name for yourself? Go for the Blue Chip Hacks

A list of Ex-Pentagon General$, Senator$ and their million$ off-shore?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I submit for your consideration:

03/06/11
Swear FBI Friday™ press release | http | torrent

lulzsecurity.com...

The link on the OP doesn't work because the swear is #ed out. There are actually 'news' articles about it more than four days old:

news.softpedia.com...

www.computerworld.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

lulzsecurity.com

Lulzsec == the electronic goldstein. They are a elite paid proxy.

anybody can see the patterns at which Lulz-Ops attack.

Sony
Nintendo
FBI (CIA loves FBI right?)
NewsCorp

No microsoft.
No GE.

This seems scripted. Its too convenient.
You sure "Operation Lulz" is not a CIA proxy created to bring an internet false flag campaign.The nwo always uses a proxy or controlled/guided opposition to legitimize their tyranny.

Come on.

Now the TPTB will use Lulz-Operatives to restrict the internet as was planned beforehand.

Its all going to plan.
edit on 14-6-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

You folks really have no idea do you?

Go back and look at project mayhem.... Phrack high council, and gobblez all from 2002

This is a cycle... A generational thing whereby kiddies assert their technical skills and general disdain for thhe state of security or security professionals....

What is infra guard made up of? Mostly security professionals....

There isn't a conspiracy behind lulzsec any more than there was a conspiracy behind cult of the dead cow....

EDUCATE yourselves for gods sake!!!
edit on 14-6-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

You folks really have no idea do you?

Go back and look at project mayhem.... Phrack high council, and gobblez all from 2002

This is a cycle... A generational thing whereby kiddies assert their technical skills and general disdain for thhe state of security or security professionals....

What is infra guard made up of? Mostly security professionals....

There isn't a conspiracy behind lulzsec any more than there was a conspiracy behind cult of the dead cow....

EDUCATE yourselves for gods sake!!!
edit on 14-6-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

This is an internet false flag.

This is all a show to legitimize chinese restricted internet. Your falling for it dude like the Heat fell to the Mavericks in the Finals this year.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Falling for what? Im at the flippin center of it....

You honestly don't get it do you? Read about project mayhem, phrack high council, etc... Ive been in this hacking business since the early 90's

Educate yourself... Go to ShmooCon, go to toorcon, go to cansecwest.... Get a flipping clue for gods sakes!

If you have never been to one of these cons then you absolutely have NO IDEA what you are talking about...

edit on 14-6-2011 by HunkaHunka because: Added rhyming goodness

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
aaaaa
edit on 14-6-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I thought that too. I used to lurk in the Anon IRC feeding on the lulz... Checked in today and there's MAYBE five people in the busiest channel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join