It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Volcanic Eruption Plume in eritrea NO Media Coverage on it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

i may have had stewed worms

got my east / west switched between the two sentences.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FTD Brat
reply to post by Nogard2012

The BBC sent a tweet about it-

(From @BBCWorld twitter account)
Hillary Clinton cuts short trip to Africa because of the risk of an ash cloud from a volcano in Eritrea moving towards Addis Ababa

The BBC must have a membership on ATS.

How else would they know?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Found this:

A swarm of earthquakes have hit the Eritrea-Ethiopia regions in north-west Africa today, sparking fears of increased volcanic activity. From 6.35am to to 9.35am today (NZ time), the region has been hit by 14 quakes ranging in size from 4.3 to 5.7 (two). Website, earthquake-report.com said there were active volcanoes in the area, but there had so far been no official confirmation from authorities of eruptions or damage. [Possible volcano eruption, but this not yet confirmed. RSOE EDIS

RSOE EDIS

I'm guessing, this is an earlier report, that hasn't been updated yet.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
strange that the plume is flowing east....

the chili volcano plume is going west....

??? Your comments are a joke right?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
We have to follow this one. Of course, because it's in deep Africa and that nobody cares about Africa, it will not be on the news.

Anyone notice how the EQ's in Ethiopia has a part to play in this volcanic eruption? I do.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You think this is bad. the media are reporting earth Quakes in new Zealand as still being aftershoks. I guess they will be having aftershoks for years to come. you better believe there is a media cover up with the proper spin doctoring going on.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
strange that the plume is flowing east....

the chili volcano plume is going west....

Think about what you said for a moment...
Correct me if I am wrong, but two different eruptions, on two different continents...the wind doesn't blow in the same direction everywhere on earth.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
All this activity is making my first year of geology very interesting

I just wish these earthquakes would give christchurch a break..

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

This is starting to get really scary! It seems like all the volcano's are starting to wake up.
It is like Earth just woke up and started saying stop poking me with sharp objects.

I wonder what this means and what all these events will lead to...possibly the super volcano being active
somewhere in the world? Perhaps there is a super massive volcano waiting to erupt in the ocean somewhere?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If there is EQ in Africa you better well be damn sure there will be one somewhere else. You cannot have a EQ go off without another one on the other side of the planet going off. I learned this is my Earth, Space and Science class back in 2002. A EQ on one side of the planets releases it's stress from it's buildup of time of the tectonic plates, when one area shift's, another will.

There have been 6 EQ's in Ethiopia in a single day, and now a Volcanic eruption on the same continent. EXPECT to see more EQ'S and Volcanic eruptions parallel to these, but on the other side of the planet. Europe and Greenland are going to be in for a ride in the next upcoming months. I'm not crazy, this is science!!!
edit on 13-6-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: Africa
edit on 13-6-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
MSM only just catching up now.....

More ash in the air as Eritrean volcano erupts

The Dubbi volcano in Eritrea erupted and sent a plume of ash up to 15 kilometres into the air on Monday, the Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre said, disrupting air traffic in the region. The eruption, which took place at 9:00pm GMT on Sunday, is "significant" according to Jean Nicolau of French weather service Meteo-France, which houses VAAC's operations for southern Europe and Africa. "Based on satellite images we are seeing, the volcanic ash is reaching altitudes of 13 to 15 kilometres," he said, adding: "We are not in a critical situation like with the Icelandic volcano Grimsvotn, which concerned a very busy air traffic zone, because the traffic is much less important" in east Africa. The ash cloud nonetheless forced US secretary of state Hillary Clinton to cut short her Africa trip on Monday because of the risk of the ash cloud moving toward her location in Addis Ababa, a senior US official said. The eruption, which was continuing late on Monday, was the volcano's first since 1861. According to preliminary Meteo-France simulations, the lower-density ash clouds were heading west-north-west towards Sudan, while the higher-density clouds were heading west-south-west. "If the cloud reaches Egypt, Israel or the Arab peninsula, the impact on air traffic will be more significant, but it is too early to know," Mr Nicolau said.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

Not entirely true as it depends on the plate boundary. Also a single plate doesn't stretch right around the earth, they're broken into about seven major ones and theres a lot of small plates.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Massive Earthquake Swarm followed by a major Volcanic Eruption in Etheopia.. This all comes within 24hrs of another Coronal Mass Ejection from the sun into our Magnetosphere.. Thats the final nail in the coffin for me.. The evidence for CME-EQ relationship is proven beyond a doubt..!!

This has been going on for long enough to say that it simply isn't a coincidence, I don't care what Phage says..lol

I mean it isn'tan impossibility when you think about it.. The magnetic shield around the earth most probably dose have some effect on the "mostly molten Iron Core", therefore it stands to reason that a change in the magnetic field could disrupt the core.

This has been all too common to just be shrugged off....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The Dubbi volcano, in the Southern Red Sea Region, erupted on Sunday, sending plumes of ash 13km (eight miles) into the air.

It was its first eruption since 1861 and was preceded by a series of earthquakes.

The ash is expected to reach Saudi Arabia, Jordan and southern Israel, the Israel Meteorological Survey said.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

a link to Australian News on the earthquake in Christchurch NZ

next a link in regards to the volcanic ash from Chile

www.abc.net.au...

hope this works.... my first try to send links

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Unlike the MSM, they actually pay attention to what's going on outside the US.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Another earthquake in New Zealand & Sumatra, Volcanos in Eritea, Chile and Mexico. The Southern hemisphere seems to be falling apart.
edit on 13-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Oh my god people. this is just the start of many volcanoes to come. I am terrified that three volcanoes have erupted in little than 2 months, plus the tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, massive fires, and there has already been a hurricane formation. This years natural disasters have been bad but next year...... well lets not think about that right now

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rememberingthefallen
Oh my god people. this is just the start of many volcanoes to come. I am terrified that three volcanoes have erupted in little than 2 months, plus the tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, massive fires, and there has already been a hurricane formation. This years natural disasters have been bad but next year...... well lets not think about that right now

Could of not said it better myself...Cheers friend, the drinks are on me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join