It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Using Drug Wars as Excuse to Build Bases in Latin America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
newamericamedia.org...

Under the auspices of the drug war, the United States is returning to its historical pattern of using Central America and the Caribbean for its own military and strategic purposes.

Even as a growing chorus of voices throughout Latin America argue that military responses to drug trafficking are ineffective against the narcotics trade and exacerbate existing human rights abuses and official corruption, the U.S. military presence in the region is growing.

U.S. military construction in Central and South America has more than doubled in the last two years, while a U.S. buildup on military bases in Colombia continues, despite a Colombian court ruling last summer that struck down an agreement for U.S. use of the bases.

I can tell you that the Drug War here in Mexico has really heated up the place and has caused a great deal of instability and insecurity for everyone here. These leaders know that their Drug War efforts cause this and use it as a tool When a narco leader is taken out or faction is weakened there are other groups ready to muscle the way in, that is the cause of the violence being seen in the media. They know this and do it for that reason.

When Felipe Calderón was elected the announcement was delayed by a couple weeks. Initially his opponent was announced as the apparent winner, Lopez-Obrador who was more favorable to building alliances with other Latin-American nations. After that delay Calderón was announced winner and immediately put his new Drug War into effect which now has over 37,000 deaths attrbuted to it, and it has been a highly destabilizing factor for the people of and visitors to Mexico since it started in December of 2006. Did they not suspicion this would happen?

Mexico does not have US military bases but recent revelations tell us there are US Special Forces troops operating inside the Mexican borders under the auspices of conducting the War on Drugs.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is an agenda beyond drug control in play behind all this.

edit on 12-6-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's just another way to spread out and conquer. That's it.

I have a thread here stating emphatically that the war on drugs has been lost. So why continue the charade. Just admit that what the US really wants is Global control.

Obama can't seem to make up his mind:

www.latimes.com...

Government reports say the Obama administration is unable to show that billions of dollars spent in the anti-drug efforts in Latin America have made a significant difference.

And then this:

Obama administration officials strongly deny that U.S. efforts have failed to reduce drug production or smuggling in Latin America.

I still don't understand what he's saying here?

edit on 12-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I honestly could care less if they use it as an excuse to build bases there...obviously they're needed as the mexican government is completely useless and incompetent...as long as the problem gets taken care of...

Jude is right though...our government isn't exactly being very secretive anymore as to what the agenda is...but to say we lost the war i don't agree with...we could easily win the war with legalization here in the states and then the irradication of these nasty cartels (which needs to be done regardless if we win/lose the war on drugs in my opinion)
edit on 12-6-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Good it's about time we get some people and hardware down there. They need to start bunny hopping their way down to Venezuela where the real meat of the problem is so Mexico and the other Latin American countries with the drug war excuse is a very good start.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I would have to point to that pesky Constitution again.

That's where we should all begin to care.

They are in the process of shredding it now.

Why, because most people don't care...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
with people rotting here you got to wonder why does the US keeps engaging rampant adventurism

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
It's just another way to spread out and conquer. That's it.

I have a thread here stating emphatically that the war on drugs has been lost. So why continue the charade. Just admit that what the US really wants is Global control.

The Drug War has never been about stopping drug traffic but rather controlling drug traffic. The US has led they way in these global events. This is a way to make a fortune and keep it all off the books, and drug trade on a global scale is a larger $$ figure than most nations entire wealth making it worthwhile doing. It also carries the reward of being able to channel drug traffic "green lights" to those factions viewed as favorable to the agenda and provide reason to invade other countries who are not.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

what does it have to do with the constitution and shredding of it? we have bases in many other countries as well...are they in violation of the constitution? please explain then...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Good it's about time we get some people and hardware down there. They need to start bunny hopping their way down to Venezuela where the real meat of the problem is so Mexico and the other Latin American countries with the drug war excuse is a very good start.

Yes, the US cannot tolerate countries where their inhabitants retain individual liberties. Get that hardware down there and start stomping it out.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

No the U.S. should not tolerate countries that openly threaten us. We need to quit being pansy's and start confronting these people and alot of the worlds problems just might disappearing. We should have military bases surrounding that country and our navy parked right off their shore and instigate a full court press till good ole' Hugo gives us a reason to go in and deliver a friendly message to him.

This has nothing to do with peoples individual liberty's whatsoever. They can get somebody new to lead them.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
I honestly could care less if they use it as an excuse to build bases there...obviously they're needed as the mexican government is completely useless and incompetent...as long as the problem gets taken care of...

Jude is right though...our government isn't exactly being very secretive anymore as to what the agenda is...but to say we lost the war i don't agree with...we could easily win the war with legalization here in the states and then the irradication of these nasty cartels (which needs to be done regardless if we win/lose the war on drugs in my opinion)

Those "nasty" cartels are the ones the US has trained and backed and now support by way of their special forces. They are the ones like the notorious Zetas that muscle-in when Drug War forces manage to weaken a narco faction. Those old "cartels" (a new buzz-word designed to make kness jerk) have always been there, long before you started reading about them in this current campaign, and their orders were always to keep the peace and keep the civilians out of it, because underlying the Drug War agenda was to keep the drugs flowing.

Those bets are all off now as Uncle Sam has gotten greedy and wants it all. You would only be correct that Mexico's government is ineffective since its current leadership has apparently sold-out to the new (Uncle) Sam's Club.

Otherwise, I believe you may not understand the whole of the situation here, only what you've been told on Faux.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

No the U.S. should not tolerate countries that openly threaten us. We need to quit being pansy's and start confronting these people and alot of the worlds problems just might disappearing. We should have military bases surrounding that country and our navy parked right off their shore and instigate a full court press till good ole' Hugo gives us a reason to go in and deliver a friendly message to him.

This has nothing to do with peoples individual liberty's whatsoever. They can get somebody new to lead them.

Well spoken. With your Prohibition-policy military fervor you could possibly become the new US drug czar someday.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I assume your one of those who never wanted our country to expand past 13 colonies or even exist for that matter because it infringed on somebody's right. America did not become what it is by being nice and respectful and you can say that's good or bad but it's a fact.

As for America controlling the flood of drugs I'd have to ask you why? Apparantly any profit they are getting is close to non-existent and if your suggesting that they are trying to keep America hooked i'd have to ask you again why?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I assume your one of those who never wanted our country to expand past 13 colonies or even exist for that matter because it infringed on somebody's right. America did not become what it is by being nice and respectful and you can say that's good or bad but it's a fact.

My avatar photo lies, I really am not that old. The US became what it became by seizing control of world trade but is about to lose that to a greater degree than it already has. It tenaciously clings onto control of the drug trade.

As for America controlling the flood of drugs I'd have to ask you why?

Money

Apparantly any profit they are getting is close to non-existent...

Are you kidding?

and if your suggesting that they are trying to keep America hooked i'd have to ask you again why?

No need to. The high-tension existence of living in the US already does that. The US is the largest volume drug-consuming nation in the world. They just want you to pay the piper.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I didn't mean to imply your age with my statement
but if they are profiting, and it's a big business, where is the money going? Our economy is getting worse and worse so unless you have some evidence of where this drug money is going i'm gonna have to call your bluff.

America's westward expansion was not caused by world trade it was caused by population. This is really off topic of your post though so i'll drop this here as it's a subject for an entirely different thread. I enjoy learning more about the cartels and things though as my knowledge in that isn't very deep.

good post

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I didn't mean to imply your age with my statement
but if they are profiting, and it's a big business, where is the money going? Our economy is getting worse and worse so unless you have some evidence of where this drug money is going i'm gonna have to call your bluff.

America's westward expansion was not caused by world trade it was caused by population. This is really off topic of your post though so i'll drop this here as it's a subject for an entirely different thread. I enjoy learning more about the cartels and things though as my knowledge in that isn't very deep.

good post

Here is another clue: The drug trade is carried out in US dollars. This should provide part of the answer, at least a part that shows how yet another way that they profit from it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

You know there are not "official" books kept in how that money is handled. It supports many black and covert operations, is used to "pay" and provide incentive to create rebel forces that they will use in supplanting legitimate governments. And I would guess a lot of Bilderbergers (and all the other NWO boogie-men) are farting through silk purchased with drug proceeds. Part of the glory of it is that it is off-the-books and untraceable.

Now, are drug profits paying for new schoolbooks and classroom computers? No, the greed is not nearly that benevolent. It does line a lot of pockets of those in power-places and in those who have an interest in seeing the status quo maintained and the US up and patrolling the waters keeping only those sanctioned drugs reach their destinations.

If I could answer your question to your satisfaction and present absolute proof I would be a powerful man, a wanted man, a dead man, or almost anyone else who is not just sitting on this patio with my laptop in the highlands of Michoacán sucking down margaritas and smoking Mexican herbal cigarettes on this fine day in paradise.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
sorry, duplicate post

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water.

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions.

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence.

www.archives.gov...

I could probably keep going...
edit on 12-6-2011 by whyamIhere because: link

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So is this post for or against us controlling the drug trade? If were are funding projects with it and the people are going to use anyways it seems like a reasonable thing for us to do. They should take all of it over then or are you saying we should get out all together?

I don't know enough about this subject really to comment any further so i'll leave it up to you guys to discuss.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The USA and the CIA has routinely fought the drug war against those that aren't on our side and looked the other way while others sell drugs to finance military action the USA supports. One of the most blatant examples was when they allowed, if not encouraged, the Contras to sell drugs in the USA and then provided legal protection when they got caught.

The drug war is a sham.

join