It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan accused of tipping off al-Qaeda fighters ahead of raids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Pakistan accused of tipping off al-Qaeda fighters ahead of raids

www.telegraph.co .uk

Mr Panetta visited Islamabad during the weekend to deliver damning evidence that Pakistan – or at least some elements within its security services – was continuing to protect extremists in its tribal belt.

In a meeting with Pakistani military chiefs, he handed over satellite imagery showing insurgents evacuating two bomb factories in Waziristan, days after the US had passed on surveillance video of the sites, according to a security source in Islamabad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yet again we see evidence that Pakistan is more than happy to take our billions in aid yet continue to do everything within their power to help those that threaten us and our troops. Just how long can our politicians continue to hand over these large amounts of cash to these people when they continue to do this?

It's time we stopped all aid to them, and isolated them and their people, effectively putting them into a total quarantine until things change.

www.telegraph.co .uk

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

Yet again we see evidence that Pakistan is more than happy to take our billions in aid yet continue to do everything within their power to help those that threaten us and our troops. Just how long can our politicians continue to hand over these large amounts of cash to these people when they continue to do this?

It's time we stopped all aid to them, and isolated them and their people, effectively putting them into a total quarantine until things change.

www.telegraph.co .uk

You sicken me.

Jamie.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Not going to happen.

Trust me as much as I'd like to cut aid and agree we should, it wont happen. The US/West knows Pakistan is playing both sides of the fence on this one but wont stop aid because China and Pakistan are now buddy buddy and are playing footsies. The US/West wants to maintain some sort of dialogue/partnership as to not totally lose it's perceived influence in the region.

Central Asia [with it's vast untapped Natural Resources] is in play in the New Great Game between East[China] and West [US/EU] with Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan being on the front line....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

You sicken me.

Jamie.

Why because i don't support Terrorists or their sympathizers? Because i don't like seeing the billions we pay out in aid being used to arm, train, feed and cloth terrorists rather than what it was originally intended for? Because going by your comment it seems you support all of those things..

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is not news unless they stop giving them money
It's that simple

Not a penny should go to the middle with Saudi Arabia, Israel & Pakistan being the most important countries to cut aid ASAP!

Also India should stop receiving aid from the U.S and even open a blockade on the U.S(Not for travelling but mostly imports an exports) until they agree to stop funding Pakistani extremism

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

No, it was because you want to practically restrain them?... That's wrong. They are still Human beings, your talking about an entire country full of millions of people.

Jamie.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Also India should stop receiving aid from the U.S and even open a blockade on the U.S(Not for travelling but mostly imports an exports) until they agree to stop funding Pakistani extremism

I agree India should stop receiving aid, but only because they are now a rich country that no longer needs our money. And since when has India funded Pakistani extremism?
they are bitter rivals always close to being at war with each other from what i have seen?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Why because i don't support Terrorists or their sympathizers? Because i don't like seeing the billions we pay out in aid being used to arm, train, feed and cloth terrorists rather than what it was originally intended for? Because going by your comment it seems you support all of those things..

I agree no funding to the middle east should continue
But not at all for the reasons you mention
I believe you are way off in understanding why funding should be cut

alot of foreign aid goes to dictators and not the people, this doesn't happen by accident
This is the true purpose of foreign aid, to create and maintain puppet strings

Is this aid going to terrorists? Maybe, but you might be more correct if you call them contractors

NATO helped libyan rebels, specifically rebels with ties to the mujahadeen
come on man

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This is a post from The Onion, and even though it's supposed to be humor, I wonder how close to the mark this is.

www.theonion.com...

Cut 'em off I say.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Everybody knows that elements within Pakistani government, intelligence and military provide some degree of support and sympathy to militant organisations but it is not the entire state that is to blame and cutting off all aid is just not the answer. What might work is making some cuts to the aid, tightening the noose and putting pressure on those in the higher echelons of the Pakistani authorities to root out those who aid the insurgents.

Your idea of putting the entire state of Pakistan under “quarantine” is a sick unfortunate choice of words.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Yes a country full of millions of people that openly hate and despise everything we stand for. Along with openly threatening us at every opportunity even though we have been sending them aid for decades...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

And since when has India funded Pakistani extremism?
they are bitter rivals always close to being at war with each other from what i have seen?

No the U.S. is
Alot of the money that has been sent to India under the facade of "budget for anti-terrorism campaigns" was money used to buy offensive arms, arms that India says had nothing to do with fight domestic extremism/terrorist cells but most used to in the offensive for wars with another country, India believes they are that country

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Not going to happen.

Trust me as much as I'd like to cut aid and agree we should, it wont happen. The US/West knows Pakistan is playing both sides of the fence on this one but wont stop aid because China and Pakistan are now buddy buddy and are playing footsies. The US/West wants to maintain some sort of dialogue/partnership as to not totally lose it's perceived influence in the region.

Central Asia [with it's vast untapped Natural Resources] is in play in the New Great Game between East[China] and West [US/EU] with Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan being on the front line....

Our money won't stop going there until the nukes come to us or disappear elsewhere. Then maybe we will work a different stratgy. But money talks and corupt regimes love it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

www.telegraph.co .uk

Threatening "us"?.. nope, nobody from that region has threatened me.. let me check my voice-mail real quick... nope, no promises of jihad on me from haters representing all of "Pakistan"...

Why is it a surprise these people are siding with their neighbors and not with foreign occupiers?.. especially with "leaders" of the GOP & DNC at the helm.. lol.. nobody in there right mind trusts them.

... yet Pakistanis are supposed to turn on their neighbors and place themselves in harms way of a traitor.. and pledge allegiance to DC mafia party leaders?.. they're supposed to risk their lives for someone as trustworthy as obama? baaahahaha!!.. great plan, eh?.. no wonder it's failing in grand fashion.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I remember reading that it was already known that pakistan was involved with this group and what was breaking news was already mentioned here last year in some thread right up to the time-line of current events, perhaps i am mistaken or i might have misunderstood it all, sadly i cannot seem to find the thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

No, it was because you want to practically restrain them?... That's wrong. They are still Human beings, your talking about an entire country full of millions of people.

Jamie.

We should restrain them. Period. They take billions of dollars a year to fund people who go out and kill US troops. No thanks.

And yes it is a country full of millions of people who should be supporting themselves. We're broke.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The people the US is accusing of being "al Qaeda" in Pakistan, we'll let's just say I don't trust the government enough to even believe they are being honest about that much.

Come on. We all know the warmongers holding the US military's leash want to outright invade Pakistan. So why not just do it already? Go already and start your war with China, start the guerrilla warfare here at home, the inevitable sabotage within our own ranks as we continue killing with no sense of morality whatsoever. If you're going to do it then get the ball rolling already! It's all or nothing.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is news? Most everyone has known or at least had a faint notion of Pakistani government officials aiding and abetting terrorists. If memory serves, India got a hold of phone recordings with Pakistani intelligence giving instructions to the terrorists during the Mumbai attacks.

New evidence links Pakistani intelligence to Mumbai attack

Fresh evidence has emerged that Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate played a key role in funding and organising the Lashkar-e-Taiba's November 26, 2008, attack on Mumbai.

Prosecutors in Chicago have filed e-mail correspondence between the Pakistani-American jihadist David Headley and a serving Pakistani intelligence officer he knew as Major Iqbal — documents which will add to the growing global concern over the ISI's links with terrorist groups.

It is fairly obvious that there are sympathizers withing the Pakistani government and intelligence community. Pakistan is a delicate situation, and the US has got to walk lightly. The country is befriending China, has a significant extremist element, rampant corruption in government, and has a nuclear stockpile to boot. All the CIA Director did by bringing this information forward is to throw another log on the fire to provide backing for future aide cuts, and an excuse for an escalation in Pakistan should the need arise. They are just biding their time, and building a case against Pakistan with developments like this and ones from the past. Sooner or later, it will be time for some form of decisive action. Apparently, Pakistani is not slowing down with what they are doing behind the scenes. Perhaps, their ace in the hole is the warm embrace of China should relations with the US sour beyond repair? To cut a long story short, diplomatic business in Pakistan is like walking on egg shells.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Not going to happen.

i would love to see Pakistan take its beggar bowl over to China and depend on them. If Pakistani thinks China is just going to open up its treasury to them and give them anything they want no strings attached, they are dreaming.

<<   2 >>

join