It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just My Opinion..Some OF You Guys Just Take It Too Far....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is strictly my opinion....

Maybe I should not expect anything else from a site like this but I will type it anyway.
First off it is my belief that Aliens are real, and UFO's of extraterrestrial nature are visiting earth. To me it's pretty logical to believe that sense we fly probes and satelites to other planets another civilization will do the same.
Hell my personal belief is Aliens may be on the moon, just based on the distance and the amount of UFO sightings...But that another topic.

Most people are open to the fact we may not be alone in the universe. At least according to some polls I have seen.
What I don't understand personally. Is how some of you people (believers) are making such monumental leaps..
Here we have a subject which we can ALL agree:

-We don't have a Physical Spaceship to show people
-We Don't a Alien alive or dead to show people.
-Hell we don't have a picture a Real Alien to show people..
-There are few interesting pictures of UFO's, arguments can be made if they are real or not...

I know some of these maybe disputed....

I just don't understand with the above facts.
How people are giving stories on a entire race of "Creatures" they don't know even exist. How are people Talking about

Nordics
Reptillians
Cat People
Lion People
Fish Aliens.....
Giant Bugs or Bug People
Spirit Beings
The Possibility of Whales and Dolphins being aliens...
The Possibility of their Dog "Lucky" being a alien...
Federations of Light
Galactic (insert random space related word)

People Talk about StarGates...To My knowledge they have yet to be proven to exist outside of startrek and a bunch of syfy shows.
How are people talking about what ship does what, and belongs to who....?
The Names of ships..?

We have the people who believe aliens made us. If you are apart of the Raelien Religion, or another UFO/Alien Religion, Cult, or Belief System, maybe your leaders are telling you/teaching you these things. I guess That is your right to believe what you want.

I know we are in the era of Video Games, Cartoons, etc. So the Ideas maybe...no not maybe they are ARE influenced...No Doubt about that..

Some of the Ideas are just INSANELY out there.
I know these are suppose to be Theories, and this is a Conspiracy Theory site, I have no problem with that argument. But aren't theories suppose to make a little bit of sense? Are They suppose to be Logical, Reasonable, Intelligent?

When Insane Theories get out there, it makes UFOLOGY, look less credible, and the people who follow it look like "Crack Jobs."

I really am not trying to attack anyone personally, I hope I didn't offend anyone
To My Fellow UFO Fans, Astronomers, UFOLOGISTS, people who are just curious about the subject...

There is a saying:
You must Crawl Before You Walk, and Walk Before You Run.

This is My Opinion..Maybe Its a Rant too..

edit on 11-6-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

While I'm not defending these people, the honest answer you'll get from a lot of those who believe that sort of thing is that they get the information from people who claim to have been supposedly contacted by aliens, especially telepathically, or even through military service.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
To the OP

I couldn't agree more . There is absolutely no evidence of anything extraterrestial visiting earth , yet I too am a believer .
There are plenty of idiots and their sheep who post a load of rubbish , but it looks to me that you already have them sussed .

Keep searching , my friend
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I could not agree more. This is fun stuff to discuss, but what little time I've spent here so far, there are some people who will believe anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I personally have heard of the Fashion Police, but for the life of me I have yet to see one!

However, I think there are some that get tired of my rantings about how Aliens (currently residing on Earth) are nothing more than Hyperdimensional Demons who actually reside within humans.

If we want to meet an Alien and we have not found Christ within, then we only need to look in the mirror and say Hell-Oh!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
People can take it "too far", if you don't hold the same views of said people. Taking something too far depending on not only societal norms, but also your own perceptions.

With that being said, one of the things I love about ATS are the people who take an original post filled with information and work to either prove or disprove it. Take away the bickering and this is one hell of a site

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Its called speculation and defined that way for a reason.

Take everything on this site with a pinch of salt and read up any and all sources.

Anyone claiming to have information that is true but do not have evidence to back up there claims may actually genuinely believe what they say so it is fair to treat people with the due respect and at least hear them out.

What is crystal clear evidence to some, may be the contrary to others.

Enjoy your stay at ATS, you'll most likely have one hell of a ride.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I somewhat agree with you when I hear others talk of groups of beings and what they are like and such BUT how can we know what the truth is. Everything we know about Science, History is fake or corrupt. Right is Left, Up is Down, The Healthcare industry destroys health. Judicial system destroys Justice, Law Enforcements destroys human rights.

In my opinion we have no idea what is True. Try not to take their ideas and believes as BS. Try to learn from whatever you hear in life. Some will tell you that things like Chi energy is BS basically because they have never been taught about it. Doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Peace to you.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I wonder the same thing.

Folks get so carried away with stuff involving outer-space aliens and space-craft to such a degree, and with such fine details, that you would think that they actually visited these outer-space alien folks at their home galaxy or planet and sat down and had lunch with them or something.

edit on 11-6-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
i usually say this, alien believers do more harm to their own cause than debunkers, disinfo agents and men in black ever will.

the difference is those who follow this more as a science, and those who follow this as a religion.

instead of rapture they pray for disclosure...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLogicalist

I guess That is your right to believe what you want.

no wayyy

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkii

no wayyy

Care to elaborate ?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

no wayyy

Care to elaborate ?

He just got his his 20th post he probably wont reply again...
He's been using smilies and 1 or 2 word replies in random threads to get to 20 posts.
He can make threads now. woooohooo...

But to answer him.
Yeah Its true...

link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

Point 1.
If you EVER had dinner with my in-laws, you'd think aliens (or the cast of "Deliverence") has landed.

Point 2.
I see the alien-believing-folks akin to religion. You don't need proof.

Just faith.

ETA; AnotherYou beat me to the religion aspect, not meant to steal thunder.

edit on 11-6-2011 by beezzer because: ETA

link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
i usually say this, alien believers do more harm to their own cause than debunkers, disinfo agents and men in black ever will.

the difference is those who follow this more as a science, and those who follow this as a religion.

instead of rapture they pray for disclosure...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Wow that was so well put.
You summed up something I have been thinking about lately in two lines.

The power of belief is certainly a strange thing especially when it ignores facts.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Nice thoughts. I agree with you. I also think we are causings the evil that is happening around us daily. We as a society have been brainwashed with Greed, Hate, Envy, Pride amoung other things. Most dont even speak to their neighbors anymore. As long as we hate our brothers and sisters who are different than us we will continue to slid down the slope until we reach Armageddon. It happens to every nation who steps off the path that nature intends. Take care of each other and we would not need a government. Abolish all Money and stop worshiping Gold or Silver. All those items do is cause greed, hate, anger. We as humans feel above others when we get some gold or silver. He are humans and we should stop the sickening love affair with material garbage. We should come together as One since we are one Collective. If we can rid our bodies of the unnatural path or Demons we could find Heaven. No need to wait on others. Each person must learn the path. If we dont learn to live as one large family we will meet our demise like the ones before us. Humans continue trying to same things yet they expect different outcomes.

Peace to you.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

This is strictly my opinion....
Not only yours. Many others share the same feelings.

aren't theories suppose to make a little bit of sense? Are They suppose to be Logical, Reasonable, Intelligent?
I don't think it really matters what they are or are not supposed to be. What it basically boils down to is that wild and crazy fictional fantasies, are usually much more interesting than logical realities.

Originally posted by beezzer
Point 1.
If you EVER had dinner with my in-laws, you'd think aliens (or the cast of "Deliverence") has landed.
Wait a second. Are you implying that a 'probing' is actually just alien talk for "You sure got a purdy mouth."??

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

no wayyy

Care to elaborate ?

He just got his his 20th post he probably wont reply again...
He's been using smilies and 1 or 2 word replies in random threads to get to 20 posts.
He can make threads now. woooohooo...

But to answer him.
Yeah Its true...

^False - I only used one smiley so far.

Anyway, TheLogicalist's statement is a good elaboration of why I said 'no wayyy'. The OP's conclusion is that he 'guesses' that people have to right to believe what we want.

Simply apply context of what you hear someone say no wayyy (colloquially) and there you go.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Creating a religion or belief system (Reptilians, Federations, Nordics, etc.) demands the use of speculation and faith instead of facts. Science and knowledge isn't based on faith, it is based on empirical evidence and massive means testing. In this arena, UFOs, like in most religions, facts are put aside to fulfill the more dramatic and colorful desires of the believer. The practical and pragmatic skeptic (not debunker, big difference) is nearly demonized in both this field of interest and those of most religions of the world because they hold believers feet to the fire.

Facts are willfully brushed aside or perverted in order to create something less mundane than what the evidence and lack of proof provides. It is fantasy wrapped up in a snug blanket of sensationalism with a hefty dose of willing (or not) ignorance with a dash of misperception on the side.

I mean, face it, reality/realism and the hard work of proving or disproving premises or theories based of facts and evidence pales in comparison to the grandeur of crap people can make up in their heads and espouse as truth. Compared to fantasy and using it to create something, well, fantastic to believe in, there isn't much glory in being a realist is there? I prefer to keep it very, very simple and state that by numbers or math alone, we are not alone in our galaxy, maybe not even our own solar system. I will not go beyond that premise unless there is corroborative, irrefutable, physical and verifiable proof of beings from wherever they may be coming from visiting Earth.

I have learned through experience that you are never going to rid a believer of what they believe in unless they are somewhat open minded to the possibility that they may be wrong about said belief. And even then it will take an epiphany for them to ponder the right or wrongness of their beliefs. I say live and let live. Offer up to the believers the facts and evidence available and if it doesn't dent their perceptions then move on.

Can't undo what don't want to be undone, right? Its like pushing a rope....
edit on 11-6-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

it makes UFOLOGY, look less credible, and the people who follow it look like "Crack Jobs."

No it doesn't.

UFOlogy couldn't be less credible if it wanted too.

The only thing that could bring it into further disrepute would be the discovery of a massive Ufology Pedophile Ring like with the Church.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join