It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies are good, but please remember to keep a hold of your sanity guys!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Heres an interesting thought, I was sitting thinking today about how I got into the whole *conspiracy scene* and what I envisioned what a conspiracy theorists would look like. I always envisioned a character like what is portrayed in mel gibsons conspiracy theory movie, or even some poor dork/geek of a lad/gal living in their mothers basements, surrounded by tinfoil stuff, multiple monitors and servers and keyboards etc bit like

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a43a3a9c15a.jpg[/atsimg]

I was thinking back to *before* conspiracies entered my life and I wondered something – have I turned more insane?? :O

Seriously though between the illuminati, the NWO, various government agencies, HAARP, religious sects, other secret societies and aliens, it’s not safe out there anymore
, conspiracies appear everywhere in life now, from those odd silent phone calls to the way someone *looks* at you, TV mind controlling you
its no secret they bug everything and watch your every move

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62f54c2cb066.jpg[/atsimg]
Adding extra tinfoil just incase.

But in all seriousness though guys, do you think that knowing about all the conspiracies out there has either:

1. Made you more paranoid

2. Made you more aware

3. Made you think theorists are just a bunch of nutters

4. or all of the above and more

For me when I first started out years ago my mind went into meltdown, I saw shadow people, aliens, fbi,nsa,cia, secret service, spies, and everything else in everything I done or watched, once my nerves calmed down and I stopped using the nightlight, I realized that no

1. they aint all out to get you………….i don’t think
2. Aliens are not probing you and shadowing you around…………….i hope

3. Not everything weather related is HAARP, there is a thing called nature -------so am told

4. not everything that moves at the corner of your eye is a monster/demon/ghost/alien/ninja

I just wanted to do this ramble as a word to the wise of the newer members and yea even some of the older ones, take some time away from conspiracies for a bit, chill out, speak to your loved ones and friends, eat some food and have a nap, the conspiracies will still be here when you get back. Were as some healthy paranoia is good for you, being able to question things we are fed is good for you but if you don’t retain a little bit of skepticism and sanity your brain will melt, followed by the rest of your body and you will end up a quivering wreck….i kid you not look what happened ot a friend of mine

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf6b29171e50.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You're 100% right, we will go crazy before we get somewhere.
I'm f' ing paranoid. I had a dream about Niburu and didn't sleep for a while.
I pointed out a masonic sign in the disney movie Up.
I see a sign in everything. I was going to loose it if I kept reading GLP(God like productions) predictions.

edit on 11-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Im for #3, I try to treat it all like sci fi novels. Very entertaining and thoughtful, possible realities, but not the one we are living in. Every once in awhile there is some truth but it is typically so boring compared to the fantasies it gets lost in the avalanche. Stuff like this are great mental exercises to think more openly, but you are correct it can lead to or exacerbate a mental problem.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
You're 100% right, we will go crazy before we get somewhere.
I'm f' ing paranoid. I had a dream about Niburu and didn't sleep for a while.
I pointed out a masonic sign in the disney movie Up.
I see a sign in everything. I was going to loose it if I kept reading GLP(God like productions) predictions.

edit on 11-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

yea theres a fine line between conspiracy and full on paranoia i have been there myself lol, just got to learn when its good to just walk away from the pc for a bit and relax the mind and the nerves! and another way is to learn how to spot the BS and fear mongering stuff, what helped me out was when i started researching (back when there was a tinwiki) gradually you learn to spot the fake from the maybs from the good stuff

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
While I agree with that coming on this website may be time consuming and detrimental to my health,
(Smoking and sitting are worse then one or the other)www.myfoxtampabay.com...

I prefer to not consider myself a conspiracy geek. I really consider myself just on a fact finding mission on different topics I'm interested in. If all the facts aren't available and some topics require a fillintheblank or conjecture, I enjoy reading plausible explanations presented in these forums buy people whom I enjoy reading.

Conspiracy is such a condensending description for fact finding.

We need a better word for clarification.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

hmm another word for conspiracies what about

plot, scheme, plan, intrigue, collusion, machination, sedition, treachery

another word for a theorist
philosopher, thinker, theoretician, theorizer, academic, planner

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have fun reading through the various threads and some posts that would put to shame many block buster movies from hollywood. But i will totally agree with you all that when you have that feeling that everything is going to the dog house then that is the first indication of when you need a chill pill and time to move on and enjoy the real world, you know what i mean, interacting with live human beings that being either male or female....

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
there are conspiritys out here..from the local level on up to the top government levels..alien coverup..advanced tech secrets..but this can really feed the fire if you are paronid..next thing you know you are afraid to go out of the house..think you are being watched and everyone is out to get you.its not so.nobody cares most are interested only in themselves and are oblivious to everything else..be aleat be aware but understand you are not being singled out..if these feelings persist seek medical help..peace

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sanity is so mainstream so Id rather not regain my sanity.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

good points you and others have made, if your naturally a paranoid person or suffer some sort of mood disorder i.e depression, bi polar etc etc things like this really do play on it alot.

if anyone feels overwhelmed by everything please do talk to someone about it, even if you think its silly because not everything is doom and gloom in this world. as said above were as there ARE true conspiracies out there, not everything you read is true. Do your research, talk to people, but most importantly take time away from the PC.

I usually joke and kid around about stuff like this but and were there is alot of humor in such things a little thought spared for those out there just discovering the various theories out there (even the fake ones etc) or people with various mental/mood disorders. hopefully this thread will make you step back a little bit

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski
Sanity is so mainstream so Id rather not regain my sanity.

nowt wrong with a bit of insanity
keeps the brain active and alive

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I GUESS the truth can scare the heck out of you.

I enjoy the variety of topics on here.

I never looked at it from a paranoid point of view. Valid Point!

Maybe ATS is not for the timid?

Skeeerd?

Alternative idea's is great for the mind No?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Google sent me to ATS everytime I searched any aspect of any conspiracy theory that I was aware of and trying to learn more about. After about 2 months, I decided to go head and sign up for ATS.

Until I signed up, I thought I was going insane... now that I'm here and seeing the wealth of information, and reading how many theories there actually are... I'm convinced everyone else is insane and there's no truth to any conspiracy.

So, the ideas that made me think I was going insane before, are replaced with logic and depression - cause darnit, I was looking forward to the end of the world.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Great replies. Thanks op and all of you.

I would like to add how important it is to understand the importance of one’s own responsibility to be honest and open.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestintentions
Great replies. Thanks op and all of you.

I would like to add how important it is to understand the importance of one’s own responsibility to be honest and open.

very true, first and foremost though is being honest with ones-self,

i know that for a lot of people sites like ATS have actually helped them stem their paranoia or feelings of dread etc, for others it can tip you over the edge. thats why i think its very important to have some perspective in life, andn hobbies help aswell

i honestly think its important for people whether old or new to ATS or even conspiracies as a whole to hear that they aren't alone in what they feel, we have all been there/or still there. Especially those of us who have been around for quite some time, theres nothing we aint heard before
although at times even i am surprized at points once and a while

thanks guys for posting

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
woah, what the hell happened here, since when did we start denying the truth aspects of conspiracies? :/

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DesertedIsland
woah, what the hell happened here, since when did we start denying the truth aspects of conspiracies? :/

no-ones denying anything of the sort. just have to remember sometimes it is ok to go outside and look at the sky without thinking you are being watched

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DesertedIsland

the truth side and conspiracies stop when ever i board a plane and the final destination is some mediterranean island for the summer...so i guess if everyone can hold on the doom and gloom for several weeks as its party and women for me....oh yeah..and if aliens decide to invade or disclosure breaks out, sadly i wont be able to hear or read about it as i explained earlier its party time

Life is to good and to short, life is limitless to be wasted....

A brief history lesson...... Keep Walking

top topics

join