It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Temple For Sale $39,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Before you ask, it's not mine and I have no personal interests in it. I've had it bookmarked for awhile and thought there would be interest on ATS.

Nice cheap Headquarters for the Canadian ATS? lol

Thought it was an interesting find.

So, for all you folks that want to own a little history, here it is! Not too many times that a piece if history comes up at an affordable price.

Nice place to live and just think what you might find if you dig a little?

A unique Heritage like building in down town Tugaske, Saskatchewan. Great potential for the handy man. This building was the Masonic Temple building with lots of character and history. There are living quarters up stairs. Waiting for a handy man to complete.

39000, CAD (US$37,093)
Year Built:1909 Taxes:$1,650.00
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94512bf5e070.jpg[/atsimg]

Masonic Temple

The Masonic Temple is a Heritage Building, erected by the Canadian Bank of Commerce in 1912.

It housed Tugaske's first business venture, which lasted from 1908 (operating in other premises in the first years) to the beginning of the Depression in 1930.

The building was sold to the Tugaske branch of the Masonic Lodge for use as a lodge hall. Its exterior was recently painted, in 2002.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca93f92cff74.jpg[/atsimg]

And of course, what Masonic Temple would be complete without the One-Stop-Shop for all the Brethren located nearby?
masonicsupply.ca...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

lol That's funny.

I was expecting something like THIS and thought, 'Score!'

But that just looks like someone's old family home. lol

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by jude11

lol That's funny.

No Fair, yours is bigger than mine! lol

Home is where the heart is...And a Temple is in the soul, right?

I don't know but I thought someone might want it.

edit on 9-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure someone will buy it. It is cute, at least in the better photos. I guess just opening the thread I was expecting some awesome temple that was in foreclosure at a low price. haha

So it would make a comfortable, modest family home for a family. But it dashed my hopes of having on awesome masonic temple mansion as my house.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm sure someone will buy it. It is cute, at least in the better photos. I guess just opening the thread I was expecting some awesome temple that was in foreclosure at a low price. haha

So it would make a comfortable, modest family home for a family. But it dashed my hopes of having on awesome masonic temple mansion as my house.

Thanks for sharing.

aahh...but the real question is what might be hidden in the walls, on the property, the attic?

Therein lies the rub! The treasure hunt alone is worth the price.

Besides, yours are too big to heat. lol

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Im sure it has been swept clean.
So, no treasure.
What about the condition of the house. Maybe its termite infested and they want to get rid of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy
Im sure it has been swept clean.
So, no treasure.
What about the condition of the house. Maybe its termite infested and they want to get rid of it.

Nah, there are perfectly good buildings like this all over the prairies in small towns at these prices.

I just like this one for the history.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Thanks for sharing.

aahh...but the real question is what might be hidden in the walls, on the property, the attic?

Therein lies the rub! The treasure hunt alone is worth the price.

Besides, yours are too big to heat. lol

Ahh ya never know what you may find. We certainly didnt expect what we have fond here in our home!

We bought a historic home that was originally a farm house built by the family who started the original Spiritualist temple in the town, then a funeral home, then a "resort" main building, then a business, then a family home again. We were redoing the terrible insulation in the attic and found many things including 2 very very expensive antique dolls ( one full china and marked plus a doll with a wooden jointed body and china head and arms) , grave lights, light fixtures, a coffin blanket from the 20's.. unused I hope, photographs, etc etc etc ... and books.. INSIDE of the insulation we removed! Of course I keep them in my curio cabinet because the creepy factor is priceless.
While digging a garden we found a HUGE cast iron cauldron and a bunch of meathooks. The cauldron was damaged ( a crack) so I keep it in the front yard planted with a few perennials.

Oh yeah.. I forgot.. We knocked a basement wall out that was in the old summer kitchen and found childrens clothes in between the walls and the house is double layer of brick.. as in a dead space between to layers of brick. In one of the dead spaces we found shoes, bottles with nails in them, and a dead "mummified" cat! We looked it all up through the historic society in town and it was an old custom to put things like that between the walls as a charm... weird. Google it.. you never know what youll find and some of the reasons people shove things between walls is interesting!

I have been working on a website concerning the house because I obviously am bored/have no life/am old.. but Im nowhere near finished. Im trying NOT to offend the local spiritualist church or the living relatives.. and the grandson of the original builder in his 80's has been sharing old pics and stories with me.. PRICELESS!! I started doing the genealogy on the original builders and its sort of sidetracked me

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Ok, the Cauldron and meat hooks is the creepiest part for me.

Cool house tho!

Yeah, I am sure there some hidden gems in this building somewhere but ya gotta pay to play!

Thanx!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Cool house tho!

Yeah, I am sure there some hidden gems in this building somewhere but ya gotta pay to play!

Thanx!

Nahh.. old farmhouse originally with a lower level "summer" kitchen.... I imagine the only ghosts from those items would be the eerie mooing of slaughtered cows for dinner.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Cool house tho!

Thanx!

Nahh.. old farmhouse originally with a lower level "summer" kitchen.... I imagine the only ghosts from those items would be the eerie mooing of slaughtered cows for dinner.

Well, if that's what it takes for you to sleep at night...lol

Still Cool tho!

edit on 9-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
so they're selling it?

they dont need it any more, they're moving underground.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

wait, it was good luck to stuff a cat in a hollow wall?

bad time to be a cat.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hindenburg

The truth is probably that they can't afford it. If people knew the truth about Masonic finances, this board would be empty.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheLevel213

Originally posted by Hindenburg

The truth is probably that they can't afford it. If people knew the truth about Masonic finances, this board would be empty.

That's exactly what happened. Looks like they lost their charter because they couldn't pay $200 back in 1933.

www.saskram.ca...:first-fifty-years&catid=17:history&Itemid=20

The 1934 Proceedings report another net loss of 176 for the year 1933. Only 41 were added, with withdrawals, suspensions and some deeaths causing a loss of 207. This was clearly indicative of the tough depression, and lack of funds generally. The Grand Scribe E.''S honorarium was lowered to $700.00 per annum. The Grand Z.'s travel allowance was reduced to $200-.00 per annum. It was recommended that the Charter of Tugaske Chapter be lifted as they could not meet their financial obligations.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

lol That's funny.

yoiu might want to check this one out. I hear it can be had for a song.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
OMG you've gone and done it now..
Some of those companion sashes would make awesome tiebacks for my curtains..

Muuuuuust....buy....thinnnnnnnnngssssss......

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
OMG you've gone and done it now..
Some of those companion sashes would make awesome tiebacks for my curtains..

Muuuuuust....buy....thinnnnnnnnngssssss......

And fashionable too!

Shop away!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Why are they selling it?

ETA: I read further. Sounds like a cheap property that someone will enjoy.
edit on 10-6-2011 by RisingPhoenix33 because: To add more commentary

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisingPhoenix33
Why are they selling it?

ETA: I read further. Sounds like a cheap property that someone will enjoy.
edit on 10-6-2011 by RisingPhoenix33 because: To add more commentary

I think it would be a great piece of history to live in.

And yes, very affordable too.

top topics

join