It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did All the War Protesters Go?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton was a war protester/hippie she went for the cash.
War IS bad but might makes right regimes are nasty,and please do not compare the US to a police state until you have actually witnessed what you speak of. It is most pronounced when you feel the lack of spirit in the people especially the kids.The media actually does water down what these sick clowns are actually doing.
We aren't enlightened beings but at least we are trying to stop some of them,unless of course they are in bed with our politicians which is often the case.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

i think for some...its because this administration is not allMacho & Bravado like the Bush-Cheney/neocon administration was about promoting the wars and the Bush Doctrine too....

Comamder-in-Chief Øbama is less frantic about military leverage, and showing off than Bush-Cheney and the neo-nazi look-alike gang was (Rumsfeld looked the part to a scary degree)...

Perhaps he's less vocal and militaristic because he had to get the Patriot Acts extended 'Quietly'
or may6be its because Pakistan is a very delicate issue.... Islamic Bomb and all !

2000-2008 was the ramp up and frenzy... all sides got fatigued with the war-powers traps...
its not because of the Øbama mystique or leadership---its all because everyone was exhausted at all the bravado & flight suits & Mission Acomplished stunts
edit on 9-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 7thcavtrooper

You say:
and please do not compare the US to a police state until you have actually witnessed what you speak of.

Growing up in the east I pretty much witnessed what a police state is about. And knowing the history of Europe in know how fast it can come to brownshirts marching the streets, leading to world wars.

Just some incidents in the last few weeks that makes me think the US is exactly on this path.
(I ll just put them here, most you will find on ATS, and other sources, it would take too much time to collect all the links. If you need them, search for it, or ask me, i can search and put them on later):

- unarmed Handicapped man in wheelchair in NY slammed to the ground by Police
- David Kokesh and others slammed to the ground and arrested for dancing at Jefferson memorial
- two times Afghanistan Veteran shot in his own home by SWAT Team
- SWAT raid over a Students loan
- Miami Memorial Day shooting; Cops gun-sprayed a car for DUI, killed the driver, severel bystanders wounded, witnesses' recording the incident threatenend at gun point, cell phones (evidence) destroyed.
- Guy faces up to 15 years for filming a Police officer on duty
- Girl raped by cop
- TSA (so many stories)
- Constant monitoring by CCTV on public ground

And the list would go on and on. These incidents are just what comes to my mind, from the last FEW WEEKS.
Mind, i am not on a Anti-US rant here, I am just deeply concerned where we heading to.
I am saying WE, since it is not happening in the US alone.

Seems its all over the world. Governements taking down the freedom and liberty of the people, burning taxpayers money for even more surveillance. Arrogance of the Police, basic laws are abandonend, and it goes on on. Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Their guy is in the white house now, so they shut up. Liberal Hypocrisy at it's finest. The only vocal opponents now are Ron Paul supporters, but the MSM wouldn't dare cover them in a positive light. If a Republican wins in 2012, the others will return.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

BLAM !! RIGHT ON TARGET!! no draft i dont gotta go..so they dont care ! the hippie movement is dead only the draft will resurect it !i prefer revolution its like a wheel keeps comeing arround and in your face..we still have the drugs still have rock and rool..just no hippies

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Well Ashley, we have been debriefed. As Obama said, "If the American People knew what I know, they
would understand."

So there you have it.

Personally, I think the Pentagon/military contractor relationship has become a Hydra.
But my viewpoint is nothing new.

Cut off the funding on one head and unemployment rises to 40 percent.
Cut off the funding on another head and one of our embassies gets bombed.
Cut of the funding to that other head and our troops don't get the supply chain they need.
Cut off the funding to the spooky head and the internet shuts down.
Cut off the funding to the green head, and the stock market crashes.
Cut off the funding to the "Interests of National Security"head and Capitol Hill is in an uproar.
I will leave the rest to your imagination.

Yet I will ask you this: Who is stifling innovation and holding the citizens of The United States of America
hostage? As mighty as they are, they are pulling the rug out from the very people they swore an oath to.
So Help Me God.

The current war is Informational,Enviromental and Financial. Most folks do not realize this. So therefore "No Protest."
Where there are not any Bodybags, there is no outrage or protest. s a v v y ?

S&F

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Where Did All the War Protesters Go?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The war protesters will only come out when there's a draft. As long as you have an ample amount of volunteers to do the dirty work of politicians, people will become complacent. As soon as it hits home and men are drafted against there will, protests will pop up all across the country.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I know! All I can figure is that some psy-ops people figured out that Barack Obama's personality, speaking patterns, and smile have a way of easing people into thinking "He's a great guy". So of course this great guy can't be a bad man, a very bad man, now can he? With that smile. He must know what he's doing! Doesn't he? And poof, no more anti-war people in the streets. I must admit though, damn, what a smile!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
its very sad, unfair, even sick that we need wars to keep the peace..but it is necessary and it is the world we live in now. theres no denying life would be better if we all just got along, but thats a fairy tale, thats what parents say to there kids to comfort them when there sad lol we dont have that luxury. That is why we need a man who understand that and i like obama but im sorry to say he wants the world to live in that fairy tale but its just not realistic

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yes, exactly. In fact when I heard that under Obama we were there to rid the area of tyrants and to save the people, I pointed out that is exactly what we were told under Bush with Saddam. Same thing, different day.

Anyways, I don't want it to seem like I am bashing on the left or what not. However, it is extremely frustrating. It really does feel like progress is impossible to be made because more people are loyal to their party line than they are their cause.

And I will be the first to admit the right can be just as guilty. When Obama first came to office and the right was protesting, the left often asked 'Where were you when...' But now I find myself asking 'Where did you go.'

I do hope that one day we can get over the hump and truly unite over a worthy cause. And I do feel opposing all of the military conquests and wars is a worthy cause.

Bush told us that Saddam Hussein had WMDs and that he was harboring known terrorists and working with Al-Qaeda.

That all proved to be a lie. This isn't an American-led effort. We're part of a NATO operated force attacking Libya that was approved by the United Nations.

Now, I don't agree with Obama on certain things he's doing there, and I hope that he would pull back on the fighting, but he hasn't lied on Libya or why we're there.

Bush clearly lied, and from basically the moment 9/11 occurred, the same day it happened, the Bush administration had a plan to invade Iraq.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Good responses, everyone. Lots of mixed opinions.

My personal thoughts are that the whole movement was good ol' fashioned political hypocrisy in that the protests stopped after 'their guy' was in office. Compounded by the liberal media highlighting the protests, therefore drawing in more crowds and attention.

I think that is fair

It is sort of like the spending habits of conservatives politicians, my WHOLE life and not once have I seen a large furor over spending, over reaching government; FISA, Patriot act, ridiculously expensive wars, new department and policy, etc... I mean I was one ATS during the Bush years and back then the problems were due to Clinton, all the above was necessary, and the liberals were just being opportunist pointing the slue of problems which conservatives policy makers promoted. There is a HUGE difference in the political base once they are "in power" The idea is, "any of "my guys" are better than those slime balls". Liberal here forget what they fought against, conservatives forget what they promoted, I am sure it will happen again, switcho presto.
Conservatives now reckon they are fresh a pure white snow and will back slide and then mirror what they hate.
Liberals will all of a sudden become vocal about what they stayed silent for...

Ashley, you're fly and charismatic, too bad you are a conservative
- not that it matters, I have a bloody nose and a prosthetic torso. Anyways, We would all do much better figuring out what we agree upon first and foremost,
all these hurtful things we say are the key to the tyranny that binds us.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks for posting this up I've been wondering this for awhile now myself. I sometimes have to go down to one of the federal buildings in Seattle and there used to always be protesters outside, they said they had people there almost everyday. I'll make sure to ask the rent a cops if they've seen them recently.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I believe it is because the economy turned for the worse right as Bush left and Obama was elected. People aren't worried about protesting the wars anymore, they are going to continue regardless. Everyone is focused on their job security and family. Basically, everyone is worrying about their own s***. There is no time to protest the countless wars when losing your home could happen with one slip up.

I also feel that most Americans have realized that the wars we are in are mainly about securing future resources for our country so we will be better off in the long run. I am patriotic and I am happy that our country controls most of the world's resources directly or indirectly, but I do however believe that the only thing more "American" than cheering on your country no matter what is rising up against tyranny. I think many people have lost touch with reality and what really matters. Freedom and peace.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Where did all the throngs of war protesters go? Sure, some are still around here and there but it's nothing like it was before. Whereas before there would be thousands or tens of thousands anti-war rallies under Bush, the numbers have trickled down into the hundreds under Obama.

Where did all the anti-war protesters go? And why?

They are where the military industrial complex whores and their johns at the bank planned for them to be by now- unemployed, standing in lines, houseless, etc etc. Remember, timing is everything.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Where did all of the war protestors go?
I think alot of them are still camped out in front of George Bushs' ranch in Texas. Their Union Bosses forgot to tell them they were no longer needed.

Here is another good question..........
WHERE IS ALL OF THE OUTRAGE OVER GAS PRICES NOW?
Three years ago that is all the left was talking about (well, that and the war).
Now all they do is blame the oil companies.

NEWS FLASH: Oil companies get around 6 cents off of each gallon sold.
The government gets around 46 cents per gallon.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

thank you for your precious remarks.

I was trying to say this in my thread : I hate to hate Americans . but there is no other way

I was trying to say exactly what you are claiming. though I am not good in writing , English but I best my best.
but it seemed that I failed and I just could offend American people.

I wished other former American war-protesters to wake up and protest it again, because there people being killed in Iraq , Afghanistan , Libya and Pakistan.

I alwasys try to encourage some people to read the history about Al-Qaede , Bin-Laden , Saddam and Qaddafi.
I wish that people understand that multinational corporations don't care about anything else but their own interests.
I wish all members just hear you out. regards.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Bill Ayers and Code Pink are too busy stirring things up in Egypt to worry about Iraq, and well Libya is Obama's good war. Medea Benjamin is worried about dancing at the Jefferson Memorial. She will not protest Obama's good war. What I wonder though, is how she will justify protesting the Police State with her boss in the WH.

Oh by the way, Clinton continued the santions against Iraq after he took office. Obama continues the Bush wars and adds another one. The war machine ccontinues because the Elite behind the POTUS gains.
edit on 10-6-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Seems like you are more wlling to get behind a UN/Nato led invasion because it's sanctioned by Europe and everyone else is doing it, but not willing to get behind a conservative Prez who was retailiating against the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor.
edit on 10-6-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
What I would like to know is where all the anti war protestors are BEFORE military action is taken.

For example, Syria. It is a historical fact that this is an oppressive regime. We can see the plight of refugees fleeing into Turkey. We can see the occasional smuggled video. WE ALL KNOW WHAT SUPPRESSION OF THE PRESS IS COVERING UP!!! We can hear the tales of army defectors. We can see the mass graves after the military have "restored order". We are not currently involved.

What should happen? Should there be protests? Should the UN be involved? Or is a Syria a nice misunderstood country supported by the lovely peaceful trustworthy Russians and Chinese in the face of an increasingly hostile anti democratic authoritarian western powers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join