It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal to drug test aldermen, city employees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Random drug tests would be required for city workers and aldermen under an ordinance introduced today by two members of the City Council. If enacted by the City Council, the testing is intended to protect residents from "errors in judgment by city employees while on duty," according to the legislation.

www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

I think it's a great Idea that Aldermen should be drug tested!! The majority of the rest of the workforce does!!

I think they should drug test all the Congressmen and Senators as well!!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Amen to that, why didn't they do that before? I am willing to bet, not everyone of them is as clean as a whistle. The representatives of the people they serve should go through the same treatment, goes along the lines of setting the example and not along the lines of "do as I say not as I do"

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

especially agree with congress & senate. and i doubt very few of them would pass psychological testing or lie detectors with flying colors, either.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The POTUS and VP, all cabinet members and czars, as well.
Anybody who makes legislative decisions, policy decisions and all judges and prosecutors. All federal employees, contractors and their employees.

I'm reminded of my sister-in-law who used to own and manage a mobile drug testing lab for various companies. One of her sons was her assistant. He administered the tests and maintained the paperwork. He was a crack user.
His mom should have tested him, as well.

Or is this just going too far and sliding down a very steep and slippery slope?

Whatever, if Florida intends to drug test welfare recipients, who aren't even responsible for decisions and policies pertaining to operating a government, well, "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".

I got tested while serving in the military. I got tested while working for a company that did some work for a federal government paid Super Fund program that removed old fuel tanks around Kentucky. And while working as an independent accountant, I was required to be drug tested when I contracted to organize a new company's accounting system. This company also did some work that involved funds from the federal government.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Drug test, pfft. I say give them a math test, congress and senate that is. There is obviously no way they can pass that. But yea, I believe all government state and federal employees should have to go through the same invasion of privacy as the rest of us poor working class stiffs. Talk about a government overthrow. Good stuff.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: oops

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I've learned that City of Chicago workers don't have to pay Social Security, either. Because they have huge cushy pensions. Seems unfair. I don't want SS benefits, yet I'm forced to pay into it. What a big Ponzi scheme!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

Nice.. I never understood why the "higher ups" were never treated in the same manner as other employees. I say if City council feels they are exempt, then so should everyone else.

top topics

join