It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.Coli Outbreak: Just off the phone with Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Although there are multiple threads discussing the European E.Coli outbreak, I learned some information within the past hour that I didn't want to get lost among them. I think it demonstrates the continuing difficulty in isolating the outbreak's source as well as the measures the German populace are taking to protect themselves from this virulent and lethal bug.

I share this info despite the fact I can not validate it with a legimate link as preferred by ATS readers. My source is my son, who two weeks ago returned to a US military base in Germany after his tour in Afghanistan. (I prefer not to name the base for the obvious reasons.) The reason for his call was to confirm the dates of his upcoming leave. Near the end of the call, he mentioned he intended to get a bite to eat. I said something I always wished my Mom might have said, "Well, don't eat your sprouts."

It was then that he proceeded to tell me that not only were sprouts not being sold, but the "no-eat" list included lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and a number of other vegetables. The chain restaurants, Burger King & McD's were no longer selling salads or putting lettuce/tomatoes on burgers. Local restaurants were being equally discriminating if not more so.

He did not indicate whether this moratorium was effected by or through German officialdom, but that everyone was taking the situation extremely seriously. While he did not lead me to believe that there were any type of official US orders addressing the problem, he did say that even the mildest stomach upset was being viewed as a cause for immediate concern and a reason to (voluntarily) seek medical facilities for evaluation and treatment if necessary.

At any rate, I wanted to share this information as it's the most recent available from someone there. As with everything else, after the initial flurry of MSM attention, they've moved on the the latest attention-getting (insert choice of political/religious scandal - war - assassination - celebritylock-up/break-up here) to feed the sheeple with. If we don't keep one another informed, then we certainly can't depend on the wolves to tell us the truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Thank you for the intel. I'm flying to Germany in a month. I didn't know they were taking this outbreak so serious.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

They are clearly taking this serious as they are looking to neighboring countries who had similiar outbreaks..if folks remember a fast food chain called Jack in the box had some serious problems with their meat...they are being and rightfully so very cautious to slow the distribution of produce and to me that's good news because they will import produce from here and other countries (obviously I don't want people to die)...we have nothing to worry about here as we have a good abundance of vegetables in this country during this season...good info though on the steps they are taking. AND THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GOVERNMENT AND SOME BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS..

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I agree. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyjem

I live in Germany and I can tell you that I have not eaten any fresh vegetables since this thing came about. It's too bad to, because now is when the cucumbers (Gurken) and tomatoes start to taste good!

As I have not been to any restaurants lately (no time) I can not say what they are or are not serving. But I can tell you that the supermarkets are still selling all the fresh veggies. They are just encouraging everyone to wash the vegetables carefully (as well as their hands), and to cook the vegetables if possible.

Cooked salad anybody??

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JarsCloutLife

Thanks for the additional info on the grocery situation.Having just returned, he and others in his unit are still going through debriefing and stand down procedures, so accordingly he hasn't had a chance to spend a lot of time off base.

He did say he was looking forward to eating a meal that wasn't an MRE, full of sand, or had to go through DECON first. So I guess it'll be Mom's meatloaf and mashed potatoes to the rescue when he gets home !

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyjem
reply to post by JarsCloutLife

Thanks for the additional info on the grocery situation.Having just returned, he and others in his unit are still going through debriefing and stand down procedures, so accordingly he hasn't had a chance to spend a lot of time off base.

He did say he was looking forward to eating a meal that wasn't an MRE, full of sand, or had to go through DECON first. So I guess it'll be Mom's meatloaf and mashed potatoes to the rescue when he gets home !

Thanks, Mom. (Somebody had to say it.)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyjem

Erm, I´m from Germany, the storie about McDonalds and BurgerKing is not true. They put salad and tomatoes on their burgers like before. The last week, the media in germany kept cool, the only ones that keep reporting in a big manner is the BILD (like the "SUN", it´s a gutter paper) and other so called "newspapers".

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There has been some of that stuff showing up in ground beef too..also,any fresh veggies can be safely cleaned by covering them with water then adding 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and scrubbing them with a vegetable brush...no big deal...should be done all the time anyway....NWO advocates want everyone off fresh food
edit on 6/19/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
My favorite lunches are the donner kebabs. I still get extra cucumbers on them, and am fine.

West Germany (Army) here!

top topics

join