It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire protectant gel- Save your home from wildfire?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ran across this stuff. Seems pretty cool (no pun intended).

GelTech Solutions of Jupiter, Fla., has introduced a new innovative fire suppressant, FireIce, a gel so powerful that it can protect your skin from a 2,000 degree blowtorch.

The video is pretty interesting. This could be really helpful for people who live in areas that are threatened by wildfires. Anybody have experience with this stuff?
edit on 7-6-2011 by deesul69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
or... sprinklers on your roof
worked in BC

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

There is another product already used for homes been around for years
thermogel.

www.thermogel.com.au...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
as much as i like the sounds of the stuff i couldnt help notice that the fire was really small for a 2000 degree flame maybe this video is fake

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by obzerver

Any blue propane flame is going to be well above 2000F. I think propane can reach something like 3500F with air and over 5000F with oxygen.

Even if it's not, it's still pretty good protection. There's other video's too, so they may have a bigger flame in some of those.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Cool. I wonder if they're the same chemicals, or at least similar? Pretty cool stuff though. There's video's of this type of stuff putting out burning magnesium!! That's quite a feat!!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It wouldnt surprise me if they are similar chemicals.
and yeah they are amazing.
I used to be a volunteer fire fighter for a while so this sort of stuff interests mr
if you like that check out this
sapphire (novec 1230)
www.technovelgy.com...
the video gets better further in

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Wow. Pretty neat how he put out that candle by pouring the vapor out of the flask. Has this stuff been around for a while? Have they implemented it? I wonder how much that costs.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Yeeah its great stuff, its been around for a while and its used in high end applications like record offices , computer server rooms etc.
Im guessing its not cheap as each install would be custom designed for the area ,
www.ansul.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It would probably weigh a lot, but I wonder if this stuff could be used as a type of insulation in homes or something?

top topics

join