It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

second sun hungary (time lapse video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
just watched this video from youtube user chich234, i dont know enough about this kind of thing to comment, but it looks interesting so thought i would put it up here, see if anyone out there can shed some light on it as it were..

edit on 7/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It's not lens flare. Whatever that tiny bright "object" is, it reflects off of the water also. Weird...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I was expecting something lame. but my mind is a little blown now. the reflection off of the water and everything. bizzare.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Interesting video indeed!

Doesnt appear to be a lens flare or sun dog, as the object in question is also reflected on the waters surface.
Looks to big to be venus, and too small to be the moon...?
Myself am not an expert, eagerly await some pros to work on this one!

S+F

edit on 7-6-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
It's not lens flare. Whatever that tiny bright "object" is, it reflects off of the water also. Weird...

Yep, it also disappears be hind the mountain and is unchanged at times when the clouds cover the sun. I always thought earlier videos of this object were pretty convincing even though people called them lens flares. I'm anxious to see what they say about this one.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
wow nice find, for faster ref i croped the good bits out, i got 4 clear shots into a quick pic

s&f

EDIT: sorry i will restich another and replace this, i will keep the horizons aligned accross the 4 pics.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Biigs because: added edit text

edit on 7-6-2011 by Biigs because: changed pic

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Like others said it doesn't look like lens flare because it reflects off the water... However the reflection on the water doesn't seem to "line up" correctly to it's position near the sun. Maybe it's just the water moving???

However did anyone notice at 0:33 secs in it's on one position and two secs later it looks like it makes a significant jump "down" or "south" from where it was at 0:33 secs.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wow. Thats actually kinda cool. Look at how the "second sun" shines through the clouds at about 0:40. I cant wait for someone to explain what we're seeing. I dont think its a sun dog, maybe an atmospheric reflection of some kind??

edit on 7-6-2011 by ProjectBlue because: bad grammar

reply to post by Biigs

For some reason, the reflections on the water in the photos doesn't look right.

edit on 7-6-2011 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SedonaMystic

Like others said it doesn't look like lens flare because it reflects off the water... However the reflection on the water doesn't seem to "line up" correctly to it's position near the sun. Maybe it's just the water moving???

However did anyone notice at 0:33 secs in it's on one position and two secs later it looks like it makes a significant jump "down" or "south" from where it was at 0:33 secs.

yeah it seems to accelerate out of time with the sun setting in the final moments, very weird
edit on 7-6-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Why is it not lens flare (plus)?
www.xiberpix.net...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Relax, Wormwood is not that close YET!! Looks like our moon is being lit up by the setting sun.

link   
Wow. Definitely not a sun dog. I really would like to hear the opinion of someone who studies astronomy, to see if this is natural because IMO it doesn't seem as though.

str flg nice find OP.

link   

I was going to jump on the FAKE bandwagon until i saw that damn reflection. that is truly awesome, don't know what it is, but please oh please oh please be Nibiru lol

thanks for sharing

Mac

link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
I was expecting something lame. but my mind is a little blown now. the reflection off of the water and everything. bizzare.

HOLY CRAP!!!! I was about to post a comment to the effect that it was lense flare and thought to scroll down before I did. your comment, being the forst one made me look back at it. my mind is doing cartwheels. and wicked find op! this is either a wicked cg forgery or....either way, my mind is blown.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My first thought was it could be a hole in the cloud next to the sun, which also could explain the reflect on the water, but after watching the video again....not a chance.

If it isn't CG, it must be out of the atmosphere. It doesn't look like a sundog neither (my opinion). Great found. Be prepare for a massive attack of the ATS gurus with their unthinkable explanations.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Lightning at 0:54 or is the "flash" caused by some editing mistake?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Are you suggesting that the video had been edited?

link   
After effects...

And I guess everyone else on this planet isnt noticing the extra sun floating around??

link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

Yeah.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Been following this whole "double sun" theory for a while, still on the fence (though I'm definitely partial to the good ol fashioned idea that we live in a single star system simply because I'm just not smart enough to make a judgment and so I default to accepted wisdom). Just a thought - does there exist some sort of website complete with reputable experts where we could offer up this video/cropped photo for review? Who knows if said site exists. But I mean, surely this will capture the interest of some astronomer somewhere, if for no other reason than to explain this phenomena to some inquiring minds? In the name of science? Come on...throw me a bone here. Its one thing to banter about this topic between laypersons, but I mean...there has to be SOME credible source somewhere who would be willing to take a look at this video (for free) and report back? Any experts out there in ATS land??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join