It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to mods/site staff/ site owners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i would like to see a police brutality forum in the Social Issues and Civil Unrest category. i believe it would be a good idea to have them all in one place so you can easily find them. thank you

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
i would like to see a police brutality forum in the Social Issues and Civil Unrest category. i believe it would be a good idea to have them all in one place so you can easily find them. thank you

I'm not too sure if I'm perfectly honest.

It annoys me just as much as anyone seeing cases of police brutality and personally I believe it's on the rise, but in all fairness there are plenty of crooked individuals operating in other professions, we just don't hear about them as much.

How about a "Dirty Waiter/Waitress" section or "Rogue Handyman" board?

Maybe it would be a good idea to group them all together in terms of police brutality but I've got to be honest and admit that not all police officers want to smash your head in (although I haven't particularly liked any I've been lucky enough to meet
)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

oh no don't get me wrong im not saying all cops are bad, in fact i have met some that are very nice however there are some/many that arent, also handymen and waitresses cant put you in prison for the rest of your life or shoot you to death and get away with it
and i wouldnt say a waitress spitting in your food or a cable guy trying to take bribes is ats worthy....well maybe in the rant section

edit on 7-6-2011 by nikkibee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
reply to post by Death_Kron

oh no don't get me wrong im not saying all cops are bad, in fact i have met some that are very nice however there are some/many that arent, also handymen and waitresses cant put you in prison for the rest of your life or shoot you to death and get away with it
and i wouldnt say a waitress spitting in your food or a cable guy trying to take bribes is ats worthy....well maybe in the rant section

edit on 7-6-2011 by nikkibee because: (no reason given)

Yeah I suppose that is a fair point, I just have visions such a forum being created then being subjected to over dramatic threads/posts in situations where an officer hasn't been out of order, over sensationalist if you will.

But we get that here any way, roll on the new board

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think it would be a good thing to show police brutality, and enable debate on it specifically.

The worse thing in the world for the average LEO is to let ppl think that these freaks who commit crimes under color of authority are representative of the kind and caring ppl I know who wear the blue.

I have seen a lot things; what I have mostly seen from our LEOs is nothing in the way of performance and caring than I could show myself.

I see all these anti-cop threads; this could be a forum to let the good guys and ladies shine as well.

My 2 cents

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
From the "about" page: "AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics with a diverse mix of users from all over the world."

Maybe I'm a moron, but police brutality doesn't seem like an "alternative topic."

And maybe I'm biased, having worked with three different police agencies for 30+ years, and in that time only known one police officer guilty of unnecessary force. And he was fired for it.

I don't believe this is a website for "rants" or "pet peeves" - it's a place to discuss things that aren't covered in the MSM. Seems to me there's plenty of coverage in the MSM for the topic and it shouldn't be necessary to clutter up this website with more of the same.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will let me know.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cwg100

I wouldn't exactly say you are wrong just not interested in that potential topic is all.

There is this little (-) sign next to the thread topic in the Recent Posts section of ATS. If clicked on then all your problems will go away

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Look here...

Please Establish a New Forum: "Police Brutality" or "Cops Gone Bad" or Equivalent - Members Plea
edit on 6/8/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join