It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruise passengers tell of 7 hour security 'revenge' nightmare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Cruise passengers tell of 7 hour security 'revenge' nightmare

uk.travel.yahoo.com

It was billed as a chance to taste the “glitz and glamour” of Hollywood or enjoy VIP treatment in some of the most exclusive shopping areas in the world.

But when a group of 2,000 elderly British cruise ship passengers docked at Los Angeles for a short stop-off during a five-star cruise around America it was, in the words of one of them, more like arriving at Guantanamo Bay.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cruises.co.uk
travel.typnews.com

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Looks like everyone is feeling the wrath of over-securing the US borders. I wonder how long it will be before people just stop bothering with visiting the US with all this Security BS.
A bunch of elderly people going through this many checks including retina scans and background checks is to be perfectly honest - beyond ridiculous.

Not very welcoming to say the least and downright discusting for these old folk to go through this.

uk.travel.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Shortly no body will enter the USA for leisure.

only illegal, or act of war...

sad times

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Full fingerprints? Retinal scans? Standing in 80+ degree (F) heat for several hours with no access to water or lavatories?

What the hell?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Well what pisses ME off, personally, is that the people being treated like criminals are those least likely to actually BE criminals. Our southern border with all the drugs, and warring cartels, and random shady people, is as open as can be. But lets harass Americans who fly, and people on cruise ships from Europe, etc.

Its ridiculous. It needs to stop. No Europeans should vacation here until it does. There are tons of beautiful places in the world. Boycott America until we regain our senses.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
Full fingerprints? Retinal scans? Standing in 80+ degree (F) heat for several hours with no access to water or lavatories?

What the hell?

Wait, I thought this was about security???? You just described Disney world in August!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Thats sick, a bunch of pensioners on a cruise being treated worse than criminals. This is going to have a major impact on US tourism, i dont know many people that would willingly be treated like a criminal and/or sexually assualted by the TSA for a couple of weeks in florida.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Love, exciting and new
Come Aboard. We're expecting you.
Love, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.

Step on board, we have glove with your name on..

Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.

And your time for adventure will show you a new .... move! The TSA tangle.

Love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
Yes LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! (hey-ah!)

Hey ah!

Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.

And love... set a course for a new romance.

Love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's
LOOOOOOOOOOOVE!
It's the Love Boat-ah! It's the Love Boat-ah!

Ah!

It's an open smile with a friendly scanner, and a glove.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Funny how difficult the Americans make it to enter their country, yet they just storm into others like it aint no thing ! lol

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You can never tell with these wily old terrorists. Al-Qaeda have been in the UK recruiting octogenarians at the rotary club. Beware of C4 filled walking canes and semtex impregnated incontintence pants.

I wouldn't be laughing if my relatives were aboard (not that any of my lot are cruising types, unless you count the Norfolk Broads), but it really is worthy of ridicule.

Did the US security services really think that if AQ got aboard a transatlantic cruise-liner with a bomb, they'd bring it ashore rather than sinking the liner?? Fortunately, Al-Qaeda are even less imaginative than the US border control people.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If this is the way you treat your allies.

I'm glad i'm not your enemy.

Shame on the USA security

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

I have urged all my foreign friends to NOT visit the U.S. and to tell the same to their friends. Since Americans are incapable of preventing its own government from its hard move right towards a police state, we need the more courageous non-U.S. to help by destroying American tourism. Corporations run our government and corporations never change unless their revenue is threatened.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
As mentioned here, this will effect the tourist industry and already has, we just don't see the figures yet. I have been on sites where folks from other countries are talking about traveling to the US, have already changed their itinerary and won't come here due to the tsa tactics.

I for one, will not travel any longer as I don't like what is going on, I drive, not fly. I will no longer go to other countries and put up with this crap, I just sail around my local area's and enjoy sunsets near home. It is effecting our economy as well as other countries. One thing I noticed over my long years is this, when I react to an event, I found out later, many, many others were doing and feeling the same, I am like a barometer.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The TSA are the brown shirts... I know this has been posted a million times but it is still very relevant:

Obumer just leaves out that they need to be fat and mildly retarded

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well, good thing "screaming Mom" wasn't in the group, we would have never heard the end of it!

Did any take video of the Dear Granny Shakedown Tour?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I actually passed up a free ticket to the US with my father late last year because of whole over the top security issue.
To me its just a matter of principle, Im not a criminal and Im not gonna let anyone treat me like one. As soon as I heard about the new measures a few years back I immediately thought to myself "DAMMIT!!!!!!! now Im not gonna get to see Disneyland or meet Micheal Jordan and Sasha Grey"

Heres a tip for the people in power who think these draconian measures are necessary, perhaps if America treated the world with a tiny bit more respect maybe people wouldnt want to come to your country and blow # up

Just a crazy idea I thought I would put out there

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
America is still a great place to visit, you just need to come up through Mexico. It's alot faster and you wont have to worry about any inspections. You can even make some extra spending money if you don't mind carrying a few bales of dope.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
America is still a great place to visit, you just need to come up through Mexico.
It sounds like those folks had the same experience as me. They apparently made earlier entries to the US with little hassle. But then they ran into some (insert derogatory expletive of your choice here). Same thing happened to me even re-entering the US from Mexico, most of the time, no problem. But even there, once in a while you run into a $&%(@*!

That comment about going to the bathroom over the side was pretty bad. But it would also help to hear both sides of the story, maybe some angry octogenarian really pissed them off. Security revenge shouldn't be the answer, but hey, people are human. Make somebody in a position of power over you mad, and see if they don't use their power against you...it happens, er, um, it happened....again.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

join