It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 mins to 5 AM, Does Anyone Else Notice it's light Outside Already?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I have been noticing the Sun coming up earlier and earlier each week. I live in Manitoba, Canada, and I know because we are going into summer for the Northern Hemisphere that obviously like every year the days get longer, and nights get shorter in the summer(opposite for winter, duhh), but is THIS natural?

I have a job where I work night now so seeing this view of Moon, Sun's daily cycles is new to me. I know the Sun is setting in a more northern position (like half the other people in the world according to the internet...sorry debunkers you not going to win on that one) then it usually does. So that one I know for a fact is true because I have been witnesses that event for quite sometime...

What I am not familiar with though are these early conditions on how early the Sun rises(right near the boarder so the 49th parallel).

Does anyone know this? This doesn't seem normal to me, especially when the Sun doesn't set till 9 PM+, and it doesn't get completely dark till sometime after 10 PM. The sky starts lighting up around/after 3:30 AM, and the sun starts coming up sometime after 4 AM. My apartment faces west so I have no idea how far it is actually up, but I do know that facing west the sky is light outside. Like it's completely morning. That doesn't seem 'right'. Or is it?

Someone...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Funny thing that, its called summer

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Is 5am there dang, its 8pm here, we must be talking though some dimensional rift or something..
this planet keeps getting weirder all the time..
(only joking)
heres a calculator you can use to check it out.
www.timeanddate.com...
sunrise is the time it breaks the horizon, so it will get lighter before then.
but you can go back to 1991 and see the time difference is only 2 mins from this year.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wulfric
Funny thing that, its called summer

Shhh Thats only when you're not following the change!!

WHat are you insane???

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

holy crap, the sun rises at 3:30 am? where are you at? thats insane.

ps has anyone seen more halos around the sun among various weather phenomenom?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
its perfectly normal... the sun rises and sets at different times and positions throughout the year..
it will always rise in the east and set in the west, but in a slightly different position throughout the year..

The timing of sunrise varies throughout the year and is also affected by the viewer's longitude and latitude, altitude and time zone. Small daily changes and noticeable semi-annual changes in the timing of sunrises are driven by the axial tilt of Earth, daily rotation of the earth, the planet's movement in its annual elliptical orbit around the Sun, and the earth and moon's paired revolutions around each other.

Due to Earth's axial tilt, whenever and wherever sunrise occurs, it is always in the northeast quadrant from the March equinox to the September equinox and in the southeast quadrant from the September equinox to the March equinox. Sunrises occur due east on the March and September equinoxes for all viewers on Earth. Contents

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
removed
edit on 6-6-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I did the same, but was interested to see the results for my birth date, and the city I was born in, there seems to be an hour's difference. In Guadalajara the sun will rise at 7:22 on my birthday, but back in 1991 it rose at 6:22.

ETA: Unless I'm missing something hehe

edit on 6-6-2011 by Majestic Lumen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Well dang... I'm in SC, and just this very morning, when I let the dogs out at 6am, I was surprised to see it was so light outside. Usually I have to keep a focus really hard to keep my eye on the puppy so she won't go a'wandering to the neighbor's yard. This is a Monday, so I didn't get up this early for the past 2 days. But all this brightness, just since Friday? Sunrise is listed as 6:18. I can't see the Eastern horizon for the trees out back, but the brightness is remarkable. Yes, I know it's summer, but still...

Also weird... anybody else hear birds chirping at night, during true darkness?

edit on 6/6/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/6/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It's 3:30 here british columbia
time and its as black as sackcloth, it doesnt get dark until 9:47pm and the sun rises around 4:45am

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Maybe they didnt have daylight savings then...
and they do now.
you need to do some research on that one.
www.timeanddate.com...
but that would be my guess.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Oh my god it's summer! The sun rising at 4:30 here in scotland and setting at 10pm. I think it's a conspiracy by the TPTB to get us out of our beds early and breathe in the chemtrails laid down at night.

Seriously though : could OP's please read a book first! Or even the internet. There is plenty of information about sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moon phases etc etc. It's all there! How many more of these shock horror .....(everything is normal) threads do we have to put up with.

Prediction : somebody will fall for the optical illusion of the moon when it is low in the sky and state "The moon is getting nearer".

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I have lived in manitoba my whole life and i can tell you this is perfectly normal. lol. In may/june the days rapidly get earlier and earlier. Welcome to winnipeg

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
DUDE! I've noticed the exact same thing!. Each night I look outside my window around 3:30 and the sky is unusually lit up. It's the first time I've experienced this. Every other summer the sun came out no earlier than 4:15 and that's being generous.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Oh okay smart pants! Be my guest. Type "sunrise in london" on google. See what comes up.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
perfectly normal imo, here in Edinburgh sunrise is around 4.45am at the moment and as summer progresses it starts getting lighter alot earlier.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Same thing in Maine (U.S.). I remember a time where I traveled to Eastern Maine and happened to be outside at 3am....sure enough, I could read the newspaper outside by natural light at 3am.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Oh my god it's summer! The sun rising at 4:30 here in scotland and setting at 10pm. I think it's a conspiracy by the TPTB to get us out of our beds early and breathe in the chemtrails laid down at night.

Seriously though : could OP's please read a book first! Or even the internet. There is plenty of information about sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moon phases etc etc. It's all there! How many more of these shock horror .....(everything is normal) threads do we have to put up with.

Prediction : somebody will fall for the optical illusion of the moon when it is low in the sky and state "The moon is getting nearer".

Excuse me you piece of junk, but maybe you could follow your own advice and read something before you post. I clearly stated that it is obvious the Sun would be setting later and rising earlier as we are going into summer for the Northern Hemisphere.

I would also like to point out that I never said it was Not Normal, and asked anyone that had knowledge on the specif subject I stated for the 49th parallel to please fill me in. I again, nowhere said anything was UN-Normal about the timing of the sunrise, but added that it didn't 'seem' normal(who would think the sky lights up at 3:30 AM that is not use to working graveyard shifts - or that normally is asleep at this hour like most other people for that matter - regardless of whether it actually does? I'm sure most 'normal' people would think it does not.

By you making statements that belittle my intelligence, and then use phrases like "conspiracy", "TPTB" "chemtrails", "shock horror threads", and using obvious satirical 'humor' as with your 'Prediction' - which again was to belittle me, make me look/feel 'stupid', make me/the readers believe whatever comes out of you to be true - are all qualities of a person who is a disinformationalist. In fact you used all main points of attatck for a disinformationalist.

Here is a site pointing out what you are:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

But I am already sure you are aware of your place in life, and what lower purpose it is as a 'human' being you are to serve.

PS I am sure you would try and say I am calling you an alien because I quoted human so I will answer that disinformationalist reply before you make it. The quotes around human are to define your intelligence as being extremely low, and your sanity as to be deemed un-sane (no, not insane, un-sane). The reason for this is because no 'normal' person of even under intelligence would go on a personal attack against another being because they asked a question. This is something you may want to work on for your own well being before you kill your neighbor after they say 'hello', and ask 'how is your day?'.

Thanks again for making yourself completely obvious. Bye, Bye you piece junk.
)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Yeah you are absolutely right, up untill 1995 there were no time changes.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dumboooo
reply to post by loagun

holy crap, the sun rises at 3:30 am? where are you at? thats insane.

ps has anyone seen more halos around the sun among various weather phenomenom?

I'm at the 53rd parallel, and I noticed last night when I got up shortly after 3 AM that it was quite light out. This time of year, if I look to the north, I can see that its lighter out up there all night.

I haven't seen the sun halos since the weather warmed up.

top topics

join