It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline drops salads from Europe flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
After reading the headline, I can only picture lettuce and tomatoes raining down over London.

Anyway....

Salads are off the menu for all American Airlines flights departing from Europe.

In light of the recent E. coli strain scare, American Airlines is pulling "green salads, lettuce and tomato garnishes" to alleviate any concerns its passengers may have.

Airline drops salads from Europe flights

Hope they can get this health scare under control.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wars I can handle.

Disease and pestilence I can manage.

Increased violence in my country I can tolerate.

But take the salad from my airlines menu and I swear there will be hell to pay!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

HAHA!

Seriously though, I don't see this as being that big of a news story. In business, this move makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSearchX
Seriously though, I don't see this as being that big of a news story. In business, this move makes sense to me.

It's not a business move.

It's because of the E. Coli that is going around.
Clearly you did not read a word except the headline.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

With respect, it IS a business move. Makes AA look good to the customer by showing that they are keeping track of current issues and keeping their passengers safe from said issue.

edit on 5-6-2011 by TSearchX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSearchX
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

With respect, it IS a business move. Makes AA look good to the customer by showing that they are keeping track of current issues and keeping their passengers safe from said issue.

edit on 5-6-2011 by TSearchX because: (no reason given)

Seeing as they are a business, I guess any move IS a business move. I see your point.
But their reasoning will hardly be a financial gain and they are more focused on stopping the possible spread of E.Coli. Now I am going to the toilet to make my own business move. Peanuts?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
A "safe" move is a "good" business practice. Perhaps, airlines should consider serving HOT soup; thereby airline passengers can feel somewhat assuredly safe knowing that HEAT kills unwanted cooties. Plus, there are OTHER veggies than the usual BLT (sans bacon) ingredients to make a fine salad.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If you decide to eat anything served on an airplane, you are playing a losing game to begin with, and deserve no recourse in an otherwise obvious risk to your health. Coupled with the fact that the airport/airplane environment is one of the most unhealthy environments created by humanity ever.. and well...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
So it seems the salads were tossed from the airline menu.

Interesting...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This is a good thing more booze can be consumed mid flight.... no food = more time to serve Scotch,beer,martinis ect.
There is always a flip side to a tossed salad ?

new topics

top topics

join