It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been Forgiven? ~ The Ultimate Cure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It seems like along the path of life we encounter many obstacles, many of which we cannot see or understand until later in life. I have been on a journey for the last couple years trying to wake up to the world around me, there is so much that I did not see, and there is so much to learn. Just when I think I have it all figured out something reminds me just how naive I really am.

The other day I was following a car with a bumper sticker that read " Have you been Forgiven?" And it got my brain a twistin. I am not a believer in organized religion, but am a firm believer in the cosmos and spirit. I believe that we are all connected, just different reflections of ourselves. How is god forgiving us going to make our lives any better?

Perhaps it is not god that needs to forgive us, but it is us that needs to forgive ourselves. We have all done things that we regret, things that we cannot change that will affect us for the rest of our lives. And it is very easy to FORGET these things, but not FORGIVE ourselves. When I realized this, I spent some time reflecting, and I told my self that I had to forgive myself and relieve myself of the burden I had been carrying. This has to be one of the most beneficial things that I have ever done for myself. I feel as though a raincloud has lifted from my conscious. And I now have room to move forward without worry. This has helped me so much that I wanted to share this with everyone, and if I help just one person, It was worthwhile.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
forgiveness IS the greatest cure!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Consider it worthwhile. One of the hardest things I have faced in my life, is forgiving myself for my mistakes. I can forgive any other person, sometimes it takes time, but I do eventually. But, myself, I hold everything I have done under a microscope.

Your post has shown me I, too, can get past this. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by prince guy

That is beautiful, thank you.

God is you, and you are god. So, to forgive one self is the same as God forgiving you. This is why it is said 'Know thyself'.
And 'Love thy neighbour as thine self'.

Know the self.
And forgiveness will not be needed for the self or any other.

Namaste.
edit on 4-6-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The greatest demons and the deepest pits are the ones we create for ourselves.
Once we conquer our own fears and forgive ourselves then we can help others see the world for what it is, a gift.
to sin is human, to forgive is divine..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have stood where you stand, I have felt these same thought course through me as the Light begins to grow just a bit brighter than before.

Right now, after years of "forgiving myself" in an attempt to forgive others I have finally opened up to the fact that it is not about forgiving!

Seriously!

I am laughing because it feels so good to make this breakthrough! What I found within and through the help of several threads on ATS, my own reading, and of course my own deep need to heal myself, I found that I just need to stop blaming!

I don't mean for the past so much, I mean right now, here and out stop blaming on everything! Did you not get work done because of rain? The rain didn't do anything! Did a coworker mess up something which put a damper on some sort of deadline or production? see, instinctively we want to say Yes!

I am from this moment thrilled to be able to accept responsibility! I won't participate in the "blaming game" any longer. If it breaks because it was neglected we simply accept this and create from it!

It is exhilarating but I have already caught myself going back to my same paradigm of instant blame! I catch myself is the operative word and I am beginning to laugh again! LOL

It is fascinating this "no blame", each person is responsible for what it is they are doing, anything beyond that would result in blaming and then we would find ourselves blaming GOD eventually.

I pray to make things work and when they don't I say, "Oh Great Spirit, am I missing something here? What is the nature of why things shouldn't work?"...see, I blamed Great Spirit, I blamed GOD...Instead I need to stop praying for things and accepting things, if I have a need it will come, if I have a wish I will be disappointed.

At any rate, it certainly has helped me finally forgive (the past) because now I can let go. I blame myself and no one else by accepting responsibility for wanting to be Loved! No more Blaming!

edit on 6/4/2011 by Greensage because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Read an ATS thread recently and saw an image saying: "We cannot Forget. We cannot Forgive". That says a lot.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I wasn't going to comment at first cause I'm not sure how it would be taken, but here's my idea.

I came to this idea years ago (through similar discussion), when someone asked me if I could change anything in my life what would it be - I said absolutely nothing - they said everyone has regrets.... I do not.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I know at the time I made my mistakes, my perceptions were different. I know that I made the best choice I could at the time. So there is nothing to regret or to forgive. I wouldn't change a thing because then I would not be who I am.

My fear was this would come off as narcissistic or some other kind of superiority type of deal - but then I thought maybe... if someone is having trouble forgiving themselves for a mistake they made - they can learn from this.

Your mistake wasn't your fault. You did the best you could. If you learned from it, you're good as gold. (maybe not in todays economy but you know what I mean)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
No matter what you have done in the past was done according to the size of your consciousness at that present time. Can the 'size' of your consciousness be expanded???
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
I wasn't going to comment at first cause I'm not sure how it would be taken, but here's my idea.

I came to this idea years ago (through similar discussion), when someone asked me if I could change anything in my life what would it be - I said absolutely nothing - they said everyone has regrets.... I do not.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I know at the time I made my mistakes, my perceptions were different. I know that I made the best choice I could at the time. So there is nothing to regret or to forgive. I wouldn't change a thing because then I would not be who I am.

My fear was this would come off as narcissistic or some other kind of superiority type of deal - but then I thought maybe... if someone is having trouble forgiving themselves for a mistake they made - they can learn from this.

Your mistake wasn't your fault. You did the best you could. If you learned from it, you're good as gold. (maybe not in todays economy but you know what I mean)

That does not come of as narcissistic at all, it just sounds like you have already figured out what I have just realized. You never blamed yourself for your mistakes, which is a blessing for you, I on the other hand have always held myself accountable for my mistakes and painstakingly agonized over them. Until now.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
God doesn't forgive. He doesn't need to because he sees us as
we really are. Which is exactly how he created us. Sinless. Nothing can
change that. Nothing. He didn't create us in sin so therefore sin
cannot exist. If God didn't create it, it does not exist. And nothing
God created can be destroyed. It is eternal.

That being said, forgiveness is way underrated. Forgiveness is
the key to happiness. It heals everything. If you forgive someone
just so you can feel better then they are, it's not true forgiveness.
True forgiveness doesn't see the wrong because the wrong never was.

edit on 4-6-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

True forgiveness doesn't see the wrong because the wrong never was.

Very true, but we are human, and arriving at a point where we can view the world like that is long and difficult path that few ever achieve.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't understand why I have to be forgiven?

What did I do?
I was born? Mama did it right. I don't need a 2nd birth.
I screwed up some. I learned. Isn't that what life is about?

I am way too pagan to understand all this need for forgiveness stuff.
edit on 4-6-2011 by hadriana because: ch to/too

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I don't think you really read what was written then.

join