It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite gun to carry?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I live in Illinois, one of the most oppresive states to us law abiding gun owners in the nation!! But, I do hold a Florida CCW license and whenever I travel to a state were I am allowed to legally carry a firearm, I exercise my right to do so.

My favorite is my Springfield Armory XDM 45 using a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster. For carrying a full size large bore auto, that holster really makes it comfortable!!

What's your favorite gun to carry, and what holster or other method do you like to use?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well, I'm old fashioned. . .I carry a full quiver and a bow. People give looks when I take it to O'Charleys.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Bushmaster XM-15.
Straight up, no bells no whistles.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Hey, at least it's nice and quiet!!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
For a concealed carry weapon though I have several favorites.
My first love was the M1911, the first handgun I fell in love with.
That is the only american pistol other than revolvers that I would carry.
I lean heavy to the Sig, HK, Glock autos as I have had way to many probs with older american semi autos.
I know there is alot of good press on the newer pistols but the German types have been functioning flawless for decades, or is it centuries now?
John Browning was ahead of his time, 1911 and still a contender!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
A loaded` one of course
If i i had one

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

If I had to carry unloaded I would prolly carry a Ruger Vaquero as pistol whipping would be much more effective with a hunk of metal such as that!

Polymers suck for that.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Gimme my sling and i am fine

Just a video to show how powerfull it can be.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yeah good idea ,I dont have any guns ,but then again i live somewhere they are not needed.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
My daily carry is a S&W .357 magnum with a 4" barrel. I use an old fashioned leather shoulder holster, I always wear a windbreaker to cover it. I also carry 2 speed loaders. That weapon has the job of getting me to my van. In my van I have a 12ga mossberg pump, and a semi-auto AK-47 paratrooper model(Yugoslavian).

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
My favorite gun is a loaded one...

But the one I conceal carry is my Glock 21. Gotta love this...yes its big and bulky BUT its a .45 cal. If ever needed, one shot will do the job.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'd love to carry a sig sauer p226

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Bushmaster XM-15.
Straight up, no bells no whistles.

I second this.

I've been using a full size XM15 A2 HBAR for several years now and it's just a bad ass weapon. And my wife owns the M4 flat top version.

For carry I have a couple of options. Snub nose .38 Special(S & W) and my Ruger SR9 9mm.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

It has nothing to do with where you live, as a somebody passing through could rob you. There's virtually zero crime in my community, but that doesn't mean outsiders can't come around.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Some folks posting here really ought to read this:

FSME-The Weapons and Tactics Forum: What it is and what it is NOT

Please keep it on topic. If you don't like guns don't post in the Weapons and Tactics forum.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think the Ruger P95 9mm is the finest semi-auto there has ever been, at least as fine a gun as I have ever shot. I put it next to my Weatherby .270 mag. and I think I have the best of the best in terms of a long range rifle, and a quick and reliable auto.

Both are outstanding guns in my opinion. I have a large collection though and I have a favorite part in each of them...these two just happen to be my personal choice right off the top of my head.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I used to carry a Sig SP2022 40 cal, but switched to the XdM 45. I love it, too. Wife used to carry a snub 357, but she wears an XdM 45, too.

Low recoil for a 45, easy target sighting, and 13 rounds in the mag of proven John Moses Browning style firepower.

Wolves, coyotes, carjakers, whatever...nothing will stand and argue with a 45.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here's mine:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1b07883d9919.jpg[/atsimg]

4" stainless S&W 686 Distinguished Combat Masterpiece .357 Magnum. It has custom sized Herrett Jordan Trooper grips to accomodate my extra large hands and a master gunsmith trigger job by local Grey Goose Gunsmithing. It has a glassy smooth double action pull and breaks completely clean at around 3 lbs. in single action. It is normally loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 125gr JHP ammo when I carry it. I use either a Master Leather paddle holster at 4 o'clock under a windbreaker or a Galco fanny pack.

I bought this gun 20 years ago when I moved to FL and carried it until I bought my first Glock 23. I carried the Glock in a IWB holster in the small of my back. I went back to the 686 when I sold off the Glocks. I'm thinking of getting another Mod 23 because even on me that 686 gets heavy after a while.
edit on 5-6-2011 by wasco2 because: typo

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'd carry a Glock 18. A lovely POLYMER gun with full auto capability. The only STEEL gun I would carry is the
Smith and Wesson model 500 and that's only because you need a heavy gun to withstand the energy of a S 'n'W
50 cal magnum.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join