It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Me Introduce Myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I have been visiting ATS for a long time now, and finally decided to become a member. I have been very impressed with the level of research, talent , and intellect displayed by many of the members here, as well as the professional manner in which this site is maintained. I hope to become a valuable contributing member myself eventually, but I must admit that my computer skills are somewhat lacking, and I would welcome any helpful tips on how to properly post information, photos, videos, etc.
A little background about me: I'm a 50 year old father of 5, and grandfather of 1. I have always had a thirst for knowledge and have used the power of the internet to try to discover and uncover truth. And, although I have a number of sites that I visit regularly, ATS is without a doubt my favorite. During the course of my life, I have experienced a number of unusual, or difficult to explain occurrences. I hope to share some of those in depth, in the proper forums, as occasion arises. I do hold some very sacred religious beliefs, but I am opened to alternative explanations and opinions. I believe that it is entirely possibly for differing opinions to both be correct at times. For example, I believe that what I believe to be God, someone else may consider an extraterrestrial, it may just be a matter of perspective.
I'm looking forward to a more active role with ATS. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MitchL61

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Welcome to ats. I look forward to seeing you become active in the forums and adding to the site here. As you said there is some great research on this site, and it has some of the best user generated content I've seen. I look forward to seeing what you have to say, and may this site be the better for it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks OL for the warm welcome. I hope to get a feel for things quickly, so I can start participating. If I run into any trouble, I'll try to let you know.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Welcome, i look forward to seeing you on the boards. Nice to see another member of the over 40s club.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Thanks for the warm welcome Seiko.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Thank you. I'm curious how to attach a picture to my profile as you have done. Although I'm not as nice to look at as you are, I think it helps to personalize conversations a little more.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MitchL61
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Thank you. I'm curious how to attach a picture to my profile as you have done. Although I'm not as nice to look at as you are, I think it helps to personalize conversations a little more.

Ha, well it took me about a year to work out how to do this, no one would help me
But as they say if you want something done do it yourself.
Il u2u simple instructions to you later, however the biggest issue for me was that my original picture was too big, i got my daughter to reduce it, and hey presto!
On seconds thoughts, try this first, go into tools, then account, and im pretty sure if you scroll down to your avatar section, theres an ats avatar tutorial there, try that first.
edit on 3-6-2011 by thedoctorswife because: second thoughts.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Hi Mitch, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
hello mate welcome to ats

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Explanation: 1st... make sure your picture is saved as a jpg.

Also ...

Maximum pixel dimensions: 170 pixels wide by 240 pixels high.

Maximum file size: 75k

Open a duplicate of ATS.

Then on ATS click on TOOLS button in blue bar across the top of MOST ATS pages.

Then click on pictures and this will take you to the ATS media portal.

If your are already signed up and in then pls see further below... Otherwise

Make an ATS media portal account. [I did ages ago and can't help as don't know if that process has changed or not.
]

Click on My Account at top right of media portal profile page. Pick My Pictures from the drop down menu...

There will be a My Photos Album already created for your use.

Click the add photo button.

Input the relevant information and then click the BROWSE button.

Find where the picture as a jpg is stored on your pc.

Input that. Hit Submit!

Now Click on the photo. It will take you to another page.

Scroll down and copy the embed code for ATS Avatars.

Now swap back to the ORIGINAL ATS webpage ... and hit TOOLS again.

Scroll down and paste the code for your Avatar in the Avatar code field.

Hit Submit!.

That should display your Avatar.

Personal Disclosure: If that doesn't work please reply to this post and I will help asap.

P.S. Good Luck!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks again OL! I finally figured it out with your help.
edit on 06/03/2011 by MitchL61 because: misspelled

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thank you Sauron, for the thread links. I found them very informative, and will try to make sure I follow proper protocol whenever posting. By the way, I think you guys do an amazing job with ATS, and I'm happy to be on board.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A very warm welcome to you...

I very much liked your introduction.
Looking forward to you future threads/posts.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

W E L C O M E!....I like the way you write...your are clear, concise and easy to understand...a definite asset on a website this big! I am looking forward to what you have to say. Take care

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Based on your introduction, I'm excited to read more from you! Enjoy your time here!

new topics

top topics

join