It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what I just saw...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is my first post and I must admit I'm a skeptic most of the time. I don't believe in aliens because there is simply NO proof whatsoever. The only 'proof' is shakey footage and CGI

That being said, I just walked my dogs as usual and I always look at the sky just to see how the stars move by day by day. Tonight, I did the same and I thought I saw a bleu something flashing once in the corner of my eye and I thought: 'meh, is that what they call an orb'... and that's about all the excitement I got out of it.

But when I walked by I kept my eye on that spot and I saw a straight line, lighting up at a 70-80° angle, upwards. It wasn't a line that faded in and out, it was a 100% start and 100% stop. Just like a laser could do. The line was not that long either and lasted maybe half a second. It was bright, white and straight and there's nothing in my neigbourhood that would cause something like that. It also looked pretty thick, not a laserpen but a fat white line.

Not saying it's anything alien or stuff like that, but just wondering what it was. Oh and a sidenote: I can hear helicopters outside, not very close to me for the last few days.

Dunno, just telling you

edit on 3-6-2011 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Funny I saw or didn't see something that reminds me of what you saw the other night also.
I made a thread also:
ATS Link
Unfortunately most said it was a twinkling effect but I know it wasn't!

Weird isn't it when this happens to you personally?
Makes you question everything. . .

Keep lookin' up!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This wasn't twinkling, this was a straight line going up, but it only lasted 10-20 meters maybe and the duration was like I said half a second so it was like one of those cheap effects you see in a computergame where a laserbeam is fired. I also seemed to be way lower than the stars, in my perception anyway.

:shrugs:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Could it have been something like a large airport light or something? I grew up in a small town, and there was a really large search light type thing that would shine every now and again, which could be seen for many miles. Not saying this is what you saw, just throwing it out there.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

Keep lookin' up!

If you believe these things, but trick your mind that they don't exist, does that get rid of them?

More and more people I know are seeing ghosts/demons and talking about aliens and seeing things in the sky and hearing stuff going on underground

Creepy times yerrr but interesting

Like ya said

Keep ya head up

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have had this happen to me before, though a bit different.

I was driving to the corner store and I turned onto the main road and for a split second I saw a red line flash before me and at the end there was a red car driving by.

I thought it strange at first then I thought to myself since I have been training my third eye it must have been some kind of energy from the vehicle.

Just sayin..

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
exactly,it is UFO,i can understand the feeling when you see them,it is why so many skeptic ppl change their mind to alien when they see the similar sight,but most of them are artificial thing such as kite with light.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Could it have been something like a large airport light or something? I grew up in a small town, and there was a really large search light type thing that would shine every now and again, which could be seen for many miles. Not saying this is what you saw, just throwing it out there.

No sorry, I don't live near an airport but it wasn't a light. There was no fading in or out; it was on, drew a line upwards and off again. I know for sure that if I could have recorded it people would scream after effects

Originally posted by EL1A5
I have had this happen to me before, though a bit different.

I was driving to the corner store and I turned onto the main road and for a split second I saw a red line flash before me and at the end there was a red car driving by.

I thought it strange at first then I thought to myself since I have been training my third eye it must have been some kind of energy from the vehicle.

Just sayin..

There was nothing flying around, I haven't trained anything but my dogs and like I said I'm a skeptic.

Originally posted by numberhere
exactly,it is UFO,i can understand the feeling when you see them,it is why so many skeptic ppl change their mind to alien when they see the similar sight,but most of them are artificial thing such as kite with light.

I didn't say it was flying. All I saw was a small flash of bleu in the corner of my eye and I don't think about it too much as it was just that for me: a bleu flash in the corner of my eye.
It was about 10 seconds after I eyeballed the area where that flash came from that I saw that line.

edit on 4-6-2011 by snewpers because: added some quotes

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
When you say it drew a line upwards, was this instantaneous? Or was it a slow tracing? When it stopped, how did it leave? Did it slowly fade? Or did it quickly blink off? And when it left, did the initial object also disappear?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I've seen these twice. Once out of the corner of my right eye. Two days later out of the corner of my left. Each time it started out as a vibration of white light about half an inch long and as wide as a toothpick. Then I saw a flash of light that started as yellow and transitioned to blue that almost looked like someone striking a match. I've asked a few people I thought might know about something like that and never got a definitive answer what it was. The one I liked best was that it meant I was being balanced and was a gift of sight and wisdom because my sign is Libra. I guess it was probably just eye floaters and flares, though.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
When you say it drew a line upwards, was this instantaneous? Or was it a slow tracing? When it stopped, how did it leave? Did it slowly fade? Or did it quickly blink off? And when it left, did the initial object also disappear?

It was a fast tracing and it left a line, not a dot or sphere that moved up leaving a 'tail', it was like a fluorecence light. I didn't fade: after half a second the line was gone. There was no initial object: I saw a bleu flash (small!) that drew my attention and after about 5-10 seconds that line showed.

I didn't see anything else. One thing that I realized is that normally when you see a flash on a dark background and you look elsewhere that flash is 'still in your eye' (dunno the English phrase for that), but I didn't have that with this light. It was very bright for half a second!

edit on 4-6-2011 by snewpers because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Perhaps it is something that happened in a previous life; the spirit feels a need to continue to love/hate a certain individual, that they have once loved/hated..

An energy can do great things my friend..just be aware of it..

PEACE
edit on 4-6-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I've made a small .gif animation from what I saw, might clear some things up:

I can't seem to add images to my account for some reason but the external image should give you an idea

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

Did you see something that was similar to this, but at night?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3aefd4954a54.jpg[/atsimg]

Best regards,
Z

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

No sorry, it was really more like the image I posted. It was staight, crisp and no fading.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Wow, thats pretty amazing first post, a fat white line? Hmmm well you said you heard helicopters outside? A goverment project perhaps? Sounds odd.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Headcrusher23 because: Misspelling

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It could possibly be a goverment laser project? Or maybe, but unlikely, an alien device? To me looks like Hammer of Dawn from Gears of war.....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Headcrusher23

It's my firts topic, not post. The fact that this is my first topic also means that nothing 'odd' has happenend to me before. Well it has, but it was usualy alcohol related

I don't know what I saw, haven't seen it again either. I doubt it's a gov thing and the helicopters aren't there anymore. Maybe a coincidence, I don't know.

I donnu what gears of war is so I take you're word on it. It also only lasted like half a second so if there was anything more to see, I simply missed it.

edit on 8-6-2011 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

Ohh thanks for clearing that up. yeah im kind of new here, and not really that gov smart in what the have and don't have but that is a strange sighting. Now that i think about it, it most likely wasn't a gov't thing, but i don't beleive in Et's and stuff so i have no idea what it would've been. (By the way gears of war is some game i used to own a couple years ago.)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I had a very similar experience about 13 or 14 years ago while living in NC. What I saw was a very small orb type object about 15 or so feet off the ground and suddenly it zipped up diagonally leaving a line like you described. I never did find out what it was, but we saw a lot of strange phenomena in that particular area.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join