It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A female Navy Seal? not yet.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
reply to post by Becoming

Well good then. We agree. Just let them try. That is fair. I don't think they should get any special treatment whatsoever. Just a fair shake at doing what they want. I think they could be an asset.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Redwookieaz because: grammar

How?

I think this is a question that deserves a serious look. In respect to what the Seal teams are required to do AFTER training, in what way would a female Seal be a benefit? Simply for the "sake" of there being a female seal? That's not enough.

There are way too many examples in this thread of the female capacity to capitulate an argument to logical fallacy. Consider the money, effort, required callousness for completing an objective, that are all mandatory for becoming and working as a Seal. Having a female team member placates not a single necessity that this unit requires. It's not a question of how capable a Woman is for this position, it's a question of now necessary.

They simply aren't necessary. The ultra-tier "best of the best" Men can and will compete for a Seal Team spot. Bringing a Woman on board, just because she was able to keep up with the competition isn't enough. She would have to surpass the competition, and that just does not happen.

I think the Women in this thread are being too sensitive about the subject. Granted, the Men here are not being polite about the subject, but it's just reality and logic deciding the outcome. Men are better suited at being killers. That's what is required for the job. It's what Men do better than Women. It's what nature decided.

If you're going to be angry at anyone ladies, be upset at nature, that you were not born Men. You may feel like a dude inside, but outside, you'll never be viewed as more than what you are. Women.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
So after reading the very first page I decided to skip to the end and put my two cents in. LOL at all the females in this thread making a big deal out of this scenario. There are only three reasons why women are not allowed in combat.

1. Hygiene.
2. Psychological reasons.
3. Perpetuation of our species.

Hygiene should be obvious, it is way easier to keep male genitalia clean than it is female genitalia. I have been in the field up to 6 months without a shower, think about that for a minute. The moral of losing a woman is far greater than losing a man. Those tough navy seals men would go insane if they saw a womans brains spattered all over them in the same foxhole. Its better to keep the only child bearers of our race out of combat to ensure perpetuation of the species.

These are simple facts, nothing sexists about it.

You haven't met Cecilie Skog. Do you think she brought a shower with her when she walked to the north and south pole. She didn't have any men with her to Carry her equipment either. She pooled her own weight all the way. Do you think she brought a shower with her when she climbed the 7 summits.

To day Cecilie Skog is going to paddle from Canada to the north pole with Rune Gjeldnes, One of the hardest men ever to be a Norwagian seal/combat diver. A lot of navy seals knows who he is.
This trip will take them about 55 days if the weather is on their side. If Rune didn't know that Cecilie Skog could do this, do you think he would tag along?

Non of you have thought about how she prepared her self for this trip, or any of the other trips she has been on.
Non of you know what its like to prepare for any of the trips she has been on.

If something was to happen to Rune Gjeldnes on this trip, Cecilie Skog must be capable of taking care of him and sufficient equipment to keep them both alive. She also must be capable of using a gun properly on this trip, because they will run into Polar bears. She also must be capable of spending nights in her kayak and putting up a tent in very strong winds. She must be capable of paddling her own kayak and navigate properly. She must also be capable of finding food, swim in very cold water and being wet for weeks.

If you had been out in the field for 6 months like she has been in the field for 6 months. I bet you would have spoken differently. Because you dont know what its like to be out in the field for over a 100 days without any support.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Soooo. Did somebody catch GI jane on Encore and get the crazy idea to start this thread?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

yeah it played late night on the Oprah network.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Before reading this please know that I am NOT a sexist, I am all for women's rights.

As said earlier in the thread, The Seals, and all other SOF are all about being the best of the best. It isnt good enough to hang with the competition, you need to be the competition. Anything less is unacceptable. If you showed me a woman who was better than the average seal. Let her join. It is just basic science. On a physical level, majority of women cannot do just as good as the men. Of course there are always exceptions to this, however until a large enough group of women are physically and mentally as strong as their male counter parts it shouldnt happen. I won't sit here and say ohh they have a menstral cycle in the field its a distraction. I won't say that becuase I know too many women who don't need their period to act insane. Part of a seal team or any other group its about comradery, and I just dont see that happening unless it is an all female group,.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm a woman and I don't think women should be SEALs or firefighters.

We are not built like men. We simply do not have the strength or stamina of men. Pretending that we do only endangers lives.

These facts are undeniable. Any woman who disputes them is deluded.
edit on 7/3/2011 by 2012srb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
one thing, if you are captured abroad, whos more likely to get horrifically raped, you or a male ?

Seems obvious to me ?

Both can.

It has to do with emotions had on both, with co-mingling the genders.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join