It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien/UFO info site www.grasptheuniverse.com hacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hey guys!

I did a little search to see if there were any threads pertaining to the website www.grasptheuniverse.com and whether it's credible or not. I'm sure there are some on here that may have heard of it already, but it's basically a compilation of some pretty interesting videos relating to UFO's/Aliens. They even stamp certain videos as either "credible", "questionable", or straight up "science fact".

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is because a) I would really like your opinions on the site's credibility (assuming you've already got one), and b) why you think it's been hacked! As of me typing this, if you were click here, all you get is an ASCII text skull with a the words "Hacked by Psycho-Tn" greeting you.

I'm wondering what the motivation is behind doing this is. Were the hackers just bored? Was the website spreading disinfo and the hackers wanted to put a stop to it? Or, better yet (and definitely far fetched) did they get their hands on some kind of evidence that TPTB are afraid would get leaked to the public?

I hadn't checked the site in a while so I'm not sure what new videos had been made available.

Anyway, just wanted to share this with you guys! =)

Oh, and if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move the thread!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

Were the hackers just bored?

Yup, that's usually what it amounts to, if you want to silence or punish a site, you run a DDoS attack. If you are some half assed script kiddie, you download the latest exploit pack, use sql injection exploits, and gain access to one or all of the accounts.

Mark my words, I've never heard of the site, or that hacker, but I can almost promise it was an SQL injection attack. It always is as once you download the tool it's basically 1 click.

===

here's a site mentioning that hacker:

What?

This appears to be a proof of concept wordpress hack.
edit on 2-6-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I consider myself pretty up to date on UFO/Alien sites. I never heard of this site though...

Edit: relatively new site just created april of last year.

edit on 2-6-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

The site's back up, if you're interested...

Grasp the Universe

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

I do my best to classify the information I post. I urge you to make your own decision. I've done my best to rank the videos in these categories:

Science Fact,
Credible,
Questionable,
Hall of Shame

And, yes, the site is relatively new and has gone down a few time due to reddit and hack attacks.

If you are interested and think you have a good eye for interesting and credible information regarding wonders of our universe, let me know or share your info with me.

PS: At least point out a few spelling mistakes, I'm sure I've left a few.

new topics

top topics

join