It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Kinda off-topic, but I've always wondered what the "homosexuals are born that way" crowd thinks about pedophiles. Are they born that way too? I mean, both boil down to physical attraction, so what's the difference?

PS---Not condoning child exploitation at all, just curious as to how it's any different.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
LOL No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice. ...... gods gift

edit on 1-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

Being a bigot is a choice... Jesus is not a bigot. His followers are. Live your life as an example... not a closet case.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

reply to post by virraszto

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

Why would anyone choose to be gay.
Seems to me, if the bible was right and considering all the persecution that exists there is no upside to being gay: therefore, why would anyone choose to be gay?

lol YOU ARE RIGHT. Why would anyone choose to be gay? I am gay and its not a choice.
(its not as someday you think i am bored... since today i chose to be gay)

If there is a choice when we are into closet yet is to hide our nature to not be"hated" by society and family. (in some countries indeed risk to be killed) Thats one choice when we are corralled and persecuted.

I think churches have strong issues accepting diversity, i dont know if to be gay is a gift but i am sure for homophobics to know gays its a blessing from our creator since they could grown in consciousness and love each one to others because we are the same, we came from the source.
They could learn to embrace its mirror

Light, wisdom, love

Peace and respect

ps. i didnt take that choice (hidden) i live openly my nature.

edit on 1-6-2011 by zaper because: typo

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by banandar123

Most pedophiles are white married Christian men...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yes, this all seeing, all, forgiving, all loving hates the people he makes that are helplessly attracted to the same sex.
I grew up as a Christian, but now I am not so sure.
I was born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica. An island that is very spiritual, almost everyone is a Christian, or as I like to call them..."Christian". Everyone is homophobic, and people are being KILLED for being homosexuals.
Christians and catholics are nothing but a bunch of HYPOCRITES.
Why would anyone CHOOSE to be gay knowing that they can or will be killed??

I can't even make a structured paragraph over how much this upsets me every time it is brought up.
edit on 1-6-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

LOL No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice. ...... gods gift

edit on 1-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

Is it? Then allow me to ask you to sit down and write for us the exact moment in your child hood when you thought to yourself long and hard about what your sexual orientation will be.Tell us the pro's and cons you weighed for being gay and being straight. Tell us how you came to the choice you did.

Oh wait, you can't? You just happened to be straight? Me to. I was born straight... It was not a choice.

Well, it's the same for gay people.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by banandar123

I believe gays are born gay, just as pedophiles are also born pedophiles. I am not attracted to the same sex, nor am I attracted to pre-pubescent youths, and I don't believe I could change that on a whim. Being born a pedophile has nothing to do with homosexuality, and I don' t see how so many try to connect the two. There is a huge difference between the choice of two consenting adults, and preying on children.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wonder if the Gods gift campaign was dreamed up as a way to get more folks flowing into the church and filling the collection plate? Most of my gay acquaintances and friends do seem to have a bit more capital than I do. The economy has to be pushing churches deeper in the red, just like any other business.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

Sometimes, there is only one word that can sum up a statement like this.

Unfortunately, the T&C doesn't allow me to say the word. Oh well.

But, I can say that you are what we have all been searching for....the exact reason for the downfall of society and why the Nations of the World are killing its own citizens....Ignorance.

At least now we know who the real enemy is.

Thanks for coming out! Or is that a BAD thing?

edit on 1-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonibelle
Yes, this all seeing, all, forgiving, all loving hates the people he makes that choose to prefer sexual and emotional attachments to the same sex.
I was born and raised in Kingston, Jamaica. An island that is very spiritual, almost everyone is a Christian, or as I like to call them..."Christian". Everyone is homophobic, and people are being KILLED for being homosexuals.

I can't even make a structured paragraph over how much this upsets me every time it is brought up.

99% of homophobes are closet cases. Its a proven fact. True heterosexual men are secure in their sexuality. Your fighting years of brain washing... The taboo of the subject and the inner excitement it brings to the homophobes is his way of dealing with his pent up sexual desires.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
if its a woman... someone she loved left her for a man.. BWAHAHAHHAHA

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Being Gay is a gift from God??????????????????????????? Right, thats just gay

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I used to believe being gay was a choice, which to some it may be, but that is inherit in the animal kingdom. Humans aren't the only animals who like to play catch (if you get my drift)

Now as for being gay as a sin. Yes. It is. It is apparently one of the worst things you can ever do next to denying the Holy Spirit.

Sin, however, is a made up mechanism to keep people in check.

So, is being gay a sin? Yes. Is sin real? No.

So being gay shouldn't be a factor.

Just my 2 cents.

Mac

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

If being gay is a sin, then why didn't Jesus spread that message? Jesus says to love one another and said nothing about homosexuality... Or did I miss that bit?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lecaro

Originally posted by jonibelle
Yes, this all seeing, all, forgiving, all loving hates the people he makes that choose to prefer sexual and emotional attachments to the same sex.

99% of homophobes are closet cases. Its a proven fact. True heterosexual men are secure in their sexuality. Your fighting years of brain washing... The taboo of the subject and the inner excitement it brings to the homophobes is his way of dealing with his pent up sexual desires.

Ok first lets just say that "homophobia" shouldnt even exist has a word because is completely wrong in its very meaning.
If not... lets break down the word to its true meaning.

Homo:
Ho·mo
   [hoh-moh] Show IPA
–noun
( italics ) the genus of bipedal primates that includes modern humans and several extinct forms, distinguished by their large brains and a dependence upon tools. Compare archaic Homo.
Informal . ( sometimes lowercase )
a.
a member of the genus Homo.
b.
the species Homo sapiens or one of its members.

Phobia:
pho·bia
Pronunciation: /ˈfō-bē-ə/
Function: n
: an exaggerated and often disabling fear usually inexplicable to the subject and having sometimes a logical but usually an illogical or symbolic object, class of objects, or situation compare COMPULSION OBSESSION

So basically homophobia is in reality a "an exaggerated and often disabling fear", for inexplicable reasons to the subject, towards THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE. Does this make sense yet?

Second... 99% is just a stupid statistic. So you want to make me believe that 99 out of 100 persons that dont like, dont agree for any reason, may it be biological, religious, or cultural, or simply finds it disgusting for any reason what so ever is gay? Are you out of your mind?

This is like saying "99% of ppl that dont like my yellow VW Beetle are just dying to have one"... hell no man! I wouldnt even touch a yellow VW Beetle... doesnt mean I'm jealous of your lack of taste, I just hate the damn car and color combo and inside my deep self thinks you couldnt have anything worse than that!

I know that hating gays just based on their sexual preference is stupid, but hey... telling me that 99% are closed gays, come on... its not like its any better.

Saying that is just used as a punch line to try to offend back the "homophobic" offender... and its just getting old. I'm sure you guys are more than capable of coming up with something better and more intelligent personal insult than that old gag.

I do not agree with homosexuality... neither does my girlfriend, me from a biological/ scientific standpoint, in her case is more about the religious point of view, which means that... for 2 of us there are 198 closet homosexuals then!

Almost makes me feel responsible for my convictions... 198 ppl is a lot of ppl to condemn for my own personal beliefs.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

choice/CHois/
Noun: An act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities.

Possibilities:
Heterosexual
Bi-Sexual
Homosexual

It's a choice.

You prefer to be homosexual, and you pursue that lifestyle.
You aren't born homosexual, it's not air. You need to breath air to live. That's not a choice.
Being homosexual is a lifestyle.

Why can't homosexuals understand this?
Are they trying to justify what they do?

Do you think a pedophile could be found innocent in a court of law if he pleaded he was "born that way" and he has no choice but to rape children? Hell, what if it wasn't rape? What if the child was willing?

Would that make it OK?

No.

Why try and justify it?

Everyone knows what you're doing is unnatural. You can't even reproduce on your own.
Stop lying to yourselves, you're not going to convince us otherwise.

It's a CHOICE.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
'If' being gay is a sin, and churches/religious people discriminate against sinners ( a sin is a sin, right?) then this sign
should be appropriate, right?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2063940ff2a1.jpg[/atsimg]

The message from the billboard was not to generate arguments over whether or not being gay is a sin. If you'd rather discriminate and treat one of your God's creations like dirt, then that's your right,---but why only discriminate against
gays? Why not all sinners? If you want to live with hatred and bigotry along with all your so called Christian love, more power to you.

edit on 1-6-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

I am better than your god mention in the bible, I DO NOT HATE ANYONE OR THEIR RELIGIOUS BELIEVES and I'm sure there are thousands of people like me. That god is not worthy of being called god if he hates a certain type of individuals.

PS: I have 2 super gay cousins and they've told me they have never liked woman, lol I can even remember when we were 6 how weird I thought they acted

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Because you don't understand one simple flaw in your argument - a person, when he comes to Christ, WANTS to stop Sinning. If it was a Murderer, and he came to Christ, should he say, "Well, I'm a Christian, but I'm going to keep murdering."

Does this make him right?

No. The Murderer would come to Christ and STOP murdering.

A Homosexual who claims they come to Christ and CONTINUES to live in Sin - Homosexuality - is NOT a Christian.

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Anyone with a brain would no that that's the worse way to compare the situation, gays aren't committing crimes, but hey there are more states allowing you and your cousin to get married than states letting gays marry......Christianity.....insanity.....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join