It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Dakota Flooding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I am not sure where to put this so I figured I would put it here. If you have not read or been up to this info North Dakota is starting to flood a littler here and there. I will post a few pictures some friends took etc. Its not a "terrible" flood, but interesting at that and not good for some people.

Here's a few news articles about it.

kmot.com...

kmot.com...

www.kxnet.com...

not sure how to attach images from my computer........ If someone can tell me I will edit this post and put a few pics in that I have.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sorry about the flooding.
Stay safe.
Saw it coming with all the rain and probably the melting from the snow.
NOAA predicted this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b654eddfe5d0.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/373bc601623c.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 30-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
yup it's flooding right up into Canada. Winnipeg, Manitoba here and while it's not bad here in the city yet, the southern part of the province has been flooded right out. The provincial gov here had to do controlled levee breaches - however unlike in the US our military didn't blow them up in the middle of the night after evacuating the surrounding area as to not have any eyewitnesses....

The 3 rivers that run through the city here were suppose to crest a month ago, but as of yet it hasn't hit yet. I hate to see how high the rivers are going to get when they finally do crest since they are already pretty much level with the bridges all threw the city. Currently it's clouded right over, bit of rain, low clouds. Almost looks as if a tornado is going to breakout any second, however we don't get those that often here, one every 10 years maybe outside the city. It's been about that long since the last one actually....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Yea we've been wet and soggy lately. I'm about 100 miles west of Fargo(Red River) and it's not bad around here anymore and really wasn't this spring. The problem right now is the Missouri River. I drove over it today going through Bismarck and that thing is really flooded. I think alot of it is all the water coming from montana so they opened the gates on Garrison dam. We'll be alright here.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Judohawk

Around Minot they have National Guard working on the Dikes all night long. Just drove around to see a lot of hummers and military hauling vehicles as well as a lot of trucks still bringing in dirt. They expect some of the dikes to break I think thus they are monitoring certain area's.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Tributaries of the Assiniboine are going to be backed up till July, that's the verdict downriver here in Manitoba. I cross the Souris on my way to Brandon, it's the highest i've ever seen it and it's a small river to begin with.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
and the evacuations have begun.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
kmot.com...

here's the evac info. This is crazy around here today. Nothing like I have seen.

new topics

top topics

join