It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want To Work At The VA? Better Be Prepared To Answer Tough ?'s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So someone close to me is a resident physician and works at the local university hospital as well as the Veterans Hospital. They sent me a pic they took of a part of the VA employment application. Take a look at the question #2 and answer choice "D", in particular. I got a kick out of it and thought yall might as well. It seems to me to be shear unmittigated idiocy at work but hey, whatever. Nothing surprises me anymore lol.

edit on 30-5-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
good stuff lol.

thanks for sharing

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

You are quite welcome. It is just asinine that this is a question on an application. What is the reasoning behind it? Do they honestly think that someone would select answer "D"? Is it so that they have that question answered in writing, to use against someone who disagrees with the federal government's practices? Is it to condition the others who see it into believing that the boogie men terrorists are all around them? I don't know but it seems silly and pointless to me.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Redwookieaz because: Grammar yo!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I worked at the VA for a short time, at the local VA cemetery...it was a privilege and honor to do so

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

So did my granfathers, both of them. You are doing the right thing. As for the VA, I have been told by this same person that there are many caring indivuals doing all they can to help our physically and mentally wounded veterans. This is definately not an attack on those people and people like you.

This is about the silliness of the question and the government's actions.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Redwookieaz because: S&G

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I vaguely remember a similar question for any federal agency I have ever applied to, including the armed forces.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I wouldn't doubt that you did see the question. It may be on just about every application they have. However, again, what do they expect to get out of it? As I asked above, is it for conditioning? Is it because they honestly think someone would select that answer even if they were part of a group like that? Is it to scare people or condition them to fear everyone else could be a "terrorist"? IDK..

Thanks for commenting.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

It must be a question to weed out idiots. Anyone with a specific intent would probably avoid detection.

On a parallel subject, only U.S. citizens can be employed at the VA. A foreign friend of mine wants to work at the VA, but must first get citizenship. She already has a permanent resident visa.

Edit to add:

When I was completing the forms to get my wife a green card, it also asked the overthrow the government question. I also had to list any political clubs she was in.
edit on 30-5-2011 by tamusan because: as noted

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Thanks for the info. Interesting stuff. I would think you'd have to be a first class, grade A dummy to select that answer. I guess as I said in the OP, it shouldn't surprise me that someone may select that answer. Thanks.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This ain't nothing compared to that of The Defense Dept, The CIA, NSA, FBI, DHS and The US Secret Service so this is minute by comparo.
edit on 31-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I am absolutely sure that you are correct. However, that does not change the fact that this question is really really dumb, lol.

top topics

join