It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your preference for fruit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If my impression isn't wrong, most of western do not like watermelon? May I ask why?
And what about durian? What's smell of durian in your impression?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I like veggies much more than fruit. don't like sweet food's much. As for watermelon, it tastes okay especially with some salt.. but I don't like eating it because sometimes it has seeds, and it is always messy and I get juice on my shirt or all over my face.. of course there is seedless watermelon but the stickyness from the juice is still there. same thing with oranges, juice gets all over.

I eat bananas, maybe some berries

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by emile

I live in canada, though I immigrated from europe almost 15 years ago. Never tried Durian, but i heard the smell is offensive, but i don't know. I do like watermelon, most melons actually. Favorite fruits are berries, coconut, peaches, cherries.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm not a huge fan of watermelon, or melon in general. I used to eat it all the time when I was younger in the summertime and I hated the seeds, but even with the seedless variety now I don't eat it very much. My favourite is mango. I could live off mango. Unfortunately, with all of the flooding etc that has happened recently in Queensland, mango sales now are sky high to non-existent. Calypso mangoes are the best. I also love raspberries, strawberries and sometimes blueberries. I also eat bananas and kiwi fruit but I don't like their sourness. I like to make orange juice as well and lemon or lime water. I also love mandarins, which I ate all the time as a child.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by emile

I am a westerner from the southeren United States where we eat melons such as watermelon as nearly a right of passage during the hot summer months. No summer holiday here is complete without a delicious ice box chilled watermelon...and they actually have Watermelon festivals in the the more rurual area that produce the crop. Of couuse, I eat all of the US domestically available melons...but watermelon is an old time southern summer tradtion. Supposeddely Rush Springs, OK produces the best watermelons in the country...all though I might be biased!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm with JoeyDonuts! I grew up eating watermelons in the midwest USA. They were always a summertime treat. I will admit that Crenshaw melons are my favorite. As far as Durion I think it stinks but it tastes rather good. I would never buy it and would never turn it down.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Watermelon is my favorite, seeds, seedless, red, yellow. Love them.

Most other fruits too, melons, berries, citrus, grapes, kiwis, peaches, etc.......

I've never even heard of durian

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
WATERMELON!! I think it was Mark Twain that called watermelon "the food of angels"

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
to the person whoas ked what a durian is: a Durian is a spiked fruit found in Asia that reeks like a septic tank and allegedly has cream-like fruit inside.

as for what kind of fruit I like: give me berries or give me death.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
LOL I love watermelon flavored things but I don't care for actual watermelon. I will eat it but I don't have to have it.

I prefer apples..I could eat apples ALL day!

new topics

top topics

join