It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick question about old threads.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
actually just a quick question, whats the policy in bumping old threads? iv come across a fair few that have been awsome, loads of information etc and wanted to post in them but i dont wanna get told off?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

As long as you post something about the topic, and not just a "bump" then by all means have it.

You can just add your opinion, reply like any other thread..

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

ahh thank you, ididnt want to me complained at cause i bumped summit from 2 years ago lol il remember that tho thanks

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'd like to take this question further.

Since many people have been chastised on this site for starting new threads on existing topics, and threads have been closed for this very same reason; should we in fact actually look to bump old threads rather then start new ones?

In the absence of new material, should opinion be posted in these very old threads?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Yes.

Some of the best content on ATS is more than a few years old and there is no problem adding new content to existing threads. If you feel your content deserves it's own thread, feel free to create one and if it needs to be locked and redirected the staff will make that decision.

There is never a penalty to adding to an existing thread with good content. Highly encouraged.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

excellent question and one i wondered about aswell

thanks for the info and il be sure to remember that definatly, i remember alot of old threads dating back a few years now that were great but fell into obscurity, but lately alot of the old info is coming up again so good to know we can just bump the old one up.

top topics

join