It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Doing A Strange Dance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't know if many of you have noticed or not, but the moon has been doing a strange dance back and forth across the sky for awhile now. Every night I take out my dog and let him run around the yard while I kick back in a lawn chair and look at the moon and stars.
I don't know if it's Pole Shifting, effects of Comet Elenin or what- but the moon has been jumping around in the sky like it's gone haywire! One night the moon will be where it belongs in the night sky and then lo and behold the next night around the same time it will be on the complete opposite side of the sky!
I've really been paying attention since about the middle of December and it's really kind of freaking me out! There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. I've got friends and relatives into watching it now too and none of us know WHAT to think!
I have found very few things about it on the internet; just a group of people discussing it on a message board:
earth changes and pole shift
but nothing scientific to back my observations up.
Anybody else been watching the moon dance?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Can't say I have noticed anything out of the ordinary. You might want to try that scientific investigation you haven't yet tried.

Or, give Stellarium a try. I believe that correctly depicts the position of the moon and the other planets in the night sky.

st.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well, the moon is a spaceship so maybe the ETs controlling it are in training.

They're in kind of a lunar driver's training.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The last 4 or 5 months I have noticed the same thing, and the weird thing is that Venus or other stars will seem to be in the same spot but the moon either takes its time not being in the same spot, or sometimes takes hours before its in the same place it was the day before.

Nothing scientific to add, just another observation.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I work night shift outside and I have not noticed anything. Besides, if the moon was making even the smallest change we would probably know about it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The moon moving around differently than normal, would have very noticeable effects on the ground. It is more likely that you have a tumor or something like that.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bdizzl3

The last 4 or 5 months I have noticed the same thing, and the weird thing is that Venus or other stars will seem to be in the same spot but the moon either takes its time not being in the same spot, or sometimes takes hours before its in the same place it was the day before.

Nothing scientific to add, just another observation.

It takes about a month for the moon to be in the same place it was the day before. The Moon rises and sets roughly one hour earlier each day. The stars are in the same place because they don't orbit the Earth or Sun. Venus (a planet, not a star) doesn't either but since it does orbit the Sun it changes its position in the sky, but not as much as the Moon does.

For the record, at my location the Moon is exactly where it belongs...always.
edit on 5/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a few months back i did notice the moon rise in the complete opposite direction !

then the next night it was back to normal, i had a witness and i certainly don't have a brain tumour either!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
dailymoonposition.com...

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

stars move...in a sense

Actually the stars do move....in a sense...

When educating post a link so people can scientifically get the Correct answers...

Correcting links
edit on 28-5-2011 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

From your source:
The answer is that the moon is moving. All the stars in the sky are pretty much standing still - they only look like they're moving because the earth is spinning, as I said above. But the moon is actually moving in orbit around the earth - it takes about a month for it to complete one circle around us. So the moon's motion has two parts to it. It looks like it's moving around the earth once per day along with everything else, but in addition to that it is actually moving around the earth once per month. That is what makes it move to a different place on the sky.

hmmmmm

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

I actually wasn't addressing you... however: I said... Actually stars do move.....*in a sense* ...

posted all the necessary links to help...

hm

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Links are good.
But it's been my experience that in cases like this links are seldom followed by those who are directed to them.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Did you figure it out, yet?

Are you interested enough, now to perhaps take some astronomy classes?? Would be very helpful, so you don't make threads about things like this, that show a misunderstanding of how things work, in the sky.

You might want to check out this program, download it for [color=gold]FREE..Set you location, and the proper date and time, and then observe the sky, and compare to what the program shows.

Even more fun, with it you can "go" to other planets, to get an idea of what the sky would look like, from there...how the Sun would look, where Earth is, etc. You can ride on the moons of Mars, Phobos and Deimos....see Mars from that angle.

And, you can change the time.....you can go "visit" the Moon, "stand" in the exact spot where Apollo 11 landed, on the same date and time (20 July, 1969). You can see the angle of the Sun, very low on the Lunar horizon (it was early *morning*, then.....at that spot on the Moon). You can see the Earth, way up in the sky.

You can also set the program to run at fast speeds, backwards and forwards, for a sort of "time-lapse" look.....you will spend hours learning, on your own......

Best of all.....did I mention, it's [color=gold]FREE ?? And, you don't have to be online to use it (unlike Google Earth)....:

www.stellarium.org...

edit on Sat 28 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've noticed the same thing. I love looking at the moon and the stars, and around here it's easy to know where it's going to come up. We have mountains that run almost perfectly north and south between our town and the next, before cutting northeast and southeast. Normally, each month the moon drifts north and south between 2 very noticable peaks. It's now drifting further south and further north each month. It's also coming up at the wrong times (yes I look at local moonrise times). In just the last week it's shown up half hour late a couple of times, and an hour early last night. Personally, I think it's the product of the earth changes we're experiencing. Didn't the earthquake in Japan cause a slight shift in the earth's axis? If there is a correlation between large earthquakes and axis shift, it would be natural that we would notice differences in locations of stars, moon, and sun, with factoring in the drift. (even the sun is rising and setting in different places here, rise and set times are still correct as far as I can tell).
edit on 28-5-2011 by Ranthenae because: had to add something

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Hallucinations I think.
Here in New Zealand it is behaving normally.
How about some video evidence, instead of smoking "wacky baccy"?
J

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have noticed the same. You can see many strange things in the night sky if you stay up late and watch. Try around 2-3am, if you are really interested in doing so. The experts will always have an answer and say it is all normal, but I know what I see and I don't appreciate being labeled a "lunatic", so I just quit asking.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Is anyone actually listening to people like Phage and Weedwhacker on here?

If you think the Moon is in the wrong place then use Stellarium to check where it should be. Please do this before you post another "I think its acting strange too!" message.

Its really quite simple to do

Unless, of course, you think the Moon is being piloted by aliens who are making it zip around in orbit and are also controlling the results of your Stellarium output to match!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I frequently look at the moon, in fact, I like to stare at it anytime I leave my house...I have seen nothing out of the ordinary...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I noticed this too

Two weeks ago I went outside at around 3:30-4am to see the moon setting at the horizon. A few days later at the same time it was above my head. Since then I noticed the moon seems to be in a different position every night.

It must be normal. Just never registered it before.
edit on 28-5-2011 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
I noticed this too

Two weeks ago I went outside at around 3:30-4am to see the moon setting at the horizon. A few days later at the same time it was above my head. Since then I noticed the moon seems to be in a different position every night.

It must be normal. Just never registered it before.
edit on 28-5-2011 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

It IS normal because it is rotating around the planet on a 30(ish) day cycle.

It pops up all over the place.

Can we stop this discussion now please?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join