It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

450 violent felons set free!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
yep thanks to a glitch in the computer sys they where let out news.yahoo.com... from the link

Prison computer error lets 450 violent felons walk free
sleep tight CA, for they are out and free, from the link

According to California prison inspectors, an ill-equipped computer system has allowed the release of 450 inmates who are considered to have a "high risk of violence." The mistake originated in a computer program designed to organize the release of low-risk prisoners parole-free, and keep the facilities from wasting time and taxpayer dollars on those who pose no threat to society.
and if you think they are going back any time soon , due to a man hunt ...your wrong, last line of the link

Law enforcement has made no attempt to track down the erroneously freed felons at this time, and officials say that they can only be returned if they are caught committing a crime.
the good news is they will commit a crime the bad news is you might be the victim

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, some may reoffend, but I would think many of them will probably count their blessings and stay on the straight and narrow.

I think the big issue here is not the glitch that accidently let these people go free, but the fact that in the first place there was tons of low risk offenders being supported by the state to begin with. Prison only makes people get worse...locking up non-violent offenders is senseless. Prison should in reality be considered a last resort..probation, house arrest, things like that should come well before doing time for all but brutal crimes (rape, murder...basically 1st and perhaps some 2nd degree felonys)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Now kids what did you learn from this? Umm...that it ok to be a sex affender and a theif when the prisons are over crowded. Great message they are sending to everyone. Where could we possibly put all these criminals? I heard of these places called FEMA camps, 800 something of them, fully staffed and occupant free, nah just let them out. Tax dollars going back to the people once again!
So when one of these released criminals trys to rob me and I blow his head off, are they going to send me to prison?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I think it said on the news today the number is up to 1500 prisoners released..And one was already taken back into custody for attempted murder. Guess i will have to seek it out and post it for it to be true but I am really lazy..

www.uncoverage.net...

I am not sure how it works uhm copy and paste,, so says 1500, and 450were very bad people
edit on 27-5-2011 by Therian because: attempt to link

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
yep thanks to a glitch in the computer sys they where let out news.yahoo.com... from the link

Prison computer error lets 450 violent felons walk free
sleep tight CA, for they are out and free, from the link

According to California prison inspectors, an ill-equipped computer system has allowed the release of 450 inmates who are considered to have a "high risk of violence." The mistake originated in a computer program designed to organize the release of low-risk prisoners parole-free, and keep the facilities from wasting time and taxpayer dollars on those who pose no threat to society.
and if you think they are going back any time soon , due to a man hunt ...your wrong, last line of the link

Law enforcement has made no attempt to track down the erroneously freed felons at this time, and officials say that they can only be returned if they are caught committing a crime.
the good news is they will commit a crime the bad news is you might be the victim

yeah and according to those same computers and the system I myself am a "violent felon" and i wouldn't hurt a fly now! rehabilitated for sure. that title will never leave me though.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I love that most people don't realize what is considered a violent offender. I was personally charged with Assault on Police Officer with a deadly weapon(kitchen knife) while attempting to suicide. Yes trying to kill myself they charged me with that after tazing me. I was labeled with a red badge and as a violent offender that f***ed my whole life. I've lost jobs, places to live, ability to go on vacation with my family all because of this classification. I spent 6 months in county jail, 5 years on probation, I haven't so much as gotten a speeding ticket before or after this happened, yet I'm still considered a Violent Offender and a Felon and so I can't even vote to help change the laws. So while you sit there in your home, afraid of these "violent offenders" and acting hysterical, maybe you should stop and think for a second, especially with all the screwed up stuff we hear about the government doing on this site. Maybe you should be doing something to get your 4th Amendment rights back, Maybe you should be down at the local shelter helping someone that's been screwed by the government, maybe just maybe you should stop and think before you type and spend your time on something that really matters.

Please understand that at any point in time, the government can come knock down your door without any reason, arrest you and define you as a Violent Felony just because they don't like you. YOU WOULD BE HELPLESS TO DO ANYTHING, spend months in courts while sitting, rotting in jail and if they did finally find you innocent, you'd be out the money, time, your job, your livelihood and there would be nothing you could do about it. "We sorry, our bad, Have a nice life." All because people like you sit at home doing nothing to get your inalienable rights back from a Government run rampant and instead become hysterical when they let some of those they've incarcerated back out.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I wonder if it has anything to do with this??
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Was it really a mistake?

Us common folk are considered "terrorists" until proven innocent and we don't even have to commit crimes to be put in jail, yet they "accidentally" released 1500 inmates and cannot catch them till they commit a crime.

How pathetic!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am going with an unpopular opinion on this one...but oh well...

Hooray for the felons! Most of the "violent" offenders are convicted for another crime entirely and the violent title is thrown in for some stupid resisting arrest thing, or for a fight that happens behind the walls.

Now I am not condoning crime as okay...or that violence is okay either...don't mistake that, but America has more people per- capita in prison than any other country in the world. Why? I would dare not say it is because we are the most civilized nation on the globe, and we don't tolerate criminals. No, I would say it is because we have more laws than any other country, and most of them are silly...we are locking people up for years at a time for simply smoking pot...really? How about some of the dumb things that make it onto a thread here? There are times when I shake my head about all the laws that supposedly govern our society.

The title of this thread sets people on an immediate alert but really a violent felon may not be anything like what the imagination comes up with. A pot head that resists arrest...this is one of the violent felons...careful or you might find him rolling a joint on a street corner in your town (extra emphasis on sarcasm here)!
edit on 27-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So what? Our justice system is so messed up, a guy who don't have money for a liar, gets arrested for pot and beaten, they charge him with assaulting an officer's fist with his face. Voila, violent felon.

Two people get in a fight, one guy wins, the loser who was willingly fighting and lost calls the cops. Voila, violent felon.
edit on Fri, 27 May 2011 15:20:00 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
it seem most of you failed to see this nor know what they are

450 inmates who are considered to have a "high risk of violence".
to me that is rape, murder and armed robbery. the ones that have no code nor rules, and should be put away for life, yes i have meet , worked with this type in my life they know that i am of no harm to them, some have been on the run, it has been after the fact usually when they go back to prison for being stupid again, for they do not say up front hay did you know that i am on the run. and then the second type that should not be in prison in the first place

The mistake originated in a computer program designed to organize the release of low-risk prisoners parole-free, and keep the facilities from wasting time and taxpayer dollars on those who pose no threat to society.
so why is there a mix up???? because the law is so blind it can no longer hear nor think for it self, for if it could think and hear then they , the later would not be in prison in the first place.
edit on 27-5-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

to me that is rape, murder and armed robbery. the ones that have no code nor rules, and should be put away for life, yes i have meet , worked with this type in my life they know that i am of no harm to them, some have been on the run, it has been after the fact usually when they go back to prison for being stupid again, for they do not say up front hay did you know that i am on the run.

No you are mistaken...I saw that just fine...and my position is the same. A high risk is another way of saying he's already done it once, and he might very well do it again. A pot head resisting arrest might just need to be classified right next to Charles Manson...hmmm....ya nothing but another title to support your fear.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This semantic gap is exactly why "ex-con" labeling and carrying around the scar of your deeds forever needs to ended.

These terms that frighten people like our OP here are essentially meaningless when all is said and done. Without context and consideration all one hears is "high risk violent felon!" when the reality of that particular situation has no bearing on risk level or any violence whatsoever.

The OP reads the scary phrase and his mind floods with murdering rapists. You cant tell me there isnt some crippling bias in that?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

to me that is rape, murder and armed robbery. the ones that have no code nor rules, and should be put away for life, yes i have meet , worked with this type in my life they know that i am of no harm to them, some have been on the run, it has been after the fact usually when they go back to prison for being stupid again, for they do not say up front hay did you know that i am on the run. and then the second type that should not be in prison in the first place

The mistake originated in a computer program designed to organize the release of low-risk prisoners parole-free, and keep the facilities from wasting time and taxpayer dollars on those who pose no threat to society.
so why is there a mix up???? because the law is so blind it can no longer hear nor think for it self, for if it could think and hear then they , the later would not be in prison in the first place.
edit on 27-5-2011 by bekod because: editting

you are the lowest form of scum, who would lock your brothers behind bars for life without even knowing what they did but based on what they are capable of. i have never raped anyone, nor do i want to, or ever intend to. i have never purposely hurt someone either. i am a "violent felon" because i tried to scare somebody with a firearm. i casued them no harm, and yeah what i did was wrong, and i paid for it in more ways than just prison, im still paying for it, financially and socially. it was a very high cost, but i have been rehabilitated (more by myself than the system). now im going to school and i dont do drugs or alcohol or even smoke cigarrettes. people change and just because the system labels them as "violent offender" doesn't mean JACK.
edit on 5/27/11 by totalmetal because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The article doesn't say what prison. It would be nice to know how far I am from the prison. The only ones I would be concerned about are the cold blooded killers and sex offenders. I specify cold blooded killers because many people are in prison for accidental deaths or self defense.

Edit @Totalmetal People like you should have never gone to prison in the first place. What a waste of prison space and taxpayers dollars. I can't imagine how tough life must be for you and other people who truly never needed to be in prison. Prison should be a place solely to protect citizens from the truly dangerous people. We already know that it doesn't work as punishment or as a deterrent.
edit on 27-5-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join