It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA 's Truth And Facts & All The HIdden Information A-Z As We Know It !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I felt that due to conflicting information on what people seem know and don't really know .. there should be a place for us to show the closest to real truth regarding NASA from begining to present.. and A-Z

Lets see how or what folks really know .. we can wiegh out the Pro's ans Con's and then you dicide if NASA is all what it claims to be.

A.) Astronauts and Sapce Debris...
boards.straightdope.com...

H.) Health threat from cosmic rays
en.wikipedia.org...

M.) Moon Radiation
www.moondaily.com...

R.) Radiation
Resisting Radiation
www.astrobio.net...

Radiation
www.nsbri.org...

S.)
Space Suit
en.wikipedia.org...

T.) Talk:Space debris
en.wikipedia.org...

V.) Van Allen Radiation Belt
en.wikipedia.org...

APOLLO 11 HOAX
news.nationalgeographic.com...

IMO it is a hidden fact that we are not ready to actually send man/women into outer space due to health reasons .. And Space junk.

Solar activity has been proven to interrupt space missions ..

edit on 26-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: Title Correction and left out wording sorry

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
I felt that due to conflicting information on what people seem know and don't really know .. there should be a place for us to show the closest to real truth regarding NASA from begining to present.. and A-Z

Lets see how or what folks really know .. we can wiegh out the Pro's ans Con's and then you dicide if NASA is all what it claims to be.

A.) Astronauts and Sapce Debris...

You do realize that the space debris threat is greatest for ISS right? Are you claiming that ISS is a hoax?

H.) Health threat from cosmic rays
en.wikipedia.org...

Again, this is something that astronauts on ISS have to deal with; high energy cosmic rays penetrate right through our magnetic field and are only blocked by the atmosphere, which is partly why even commercial jet pilots get a larger dose of radiation annually than we do here on the ground. In fact, an astronaut on ISS for 6 months receives a larger total dose of radiation than an Apollo astronaut.

M.) Moon Radiation
www.moondaily.com...

"A short mission to the Moon will be survivable for astronauts, mainly because exposure times will be low."
Thanks.

R.) Radiation
Resisting Radiation
www.astrobio.net...

Ok, what does that have to do with short term missions?

Radiation
www.nsbri.org...

Again, a nice little primer, but how does this somehow prove space travel impossible?

S.)
Space Suit
en.wikipedia.org...

T.) Talk:Space debris
en.wikipedia.org...

V.) Van Allen Radiation Belt
en.wikipedia.org...

APOLLO 11 HOAX

IMO it is a hidden fact that we are not ready to actually send man/women into outer space due to health reasons .. And Space junk.

Ah, so ISS is a hoax? Is that where you're going with this, not just Apollo, but ISS as well, because a lot of these things you're citing as making space travel impossible, as well as your remark about us not being ready to send a man or woman into outer space, indicates that you think ISS and the shuttle are hoaxes too. I've noticed this shuttle and ISS denial movement has started to grow, particularly after Loughner's rampage, but I'm a little surprised it's started now rather than after the final shuttle mission has flown. I was expecting this, nonetheless.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i hope the van allen belts weren't included as a reason we can't go past low earth orbit. We can, and have. duration IN the belt is the key, humans can safely pass through them with little increased risk of cancer as long as they don't hang around out there too long. Even Van Allen himself has said as much, calling the who idea that the moon mission was faked because of the belts Absurd.

that said....

solar radiation is indeed a problem out there, as are micro-meteors and space junk.

The smartest move, IMO, would be a moon base, probably underground to help protect from the radiation / solar flares. that would be our staging area to move out further, removing the dangers of trying to launch all of this from earth.

Ah, so ISS is a hoax?

i wouldn't immediately assume the OP was saying that, but it does kinda seem that way. I also agree that it's patently absurd to deny the existence of the ISS when on a good night you can see it with your naked eyes!
edit on 26-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

We are being lied to about life on Earth:

It's surface temperature ranges from -89 degrees C to 58 degrees C... nothing can withstand those extremes. It's atmosphere is 20% oxygen, an extremely corrosive element. It is subject to a continuous barrage of deadly cosmic radiation. Life on Earth is impossible.

It's funny how facts taken out of context can lead you to some erroneous conclusions.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Let's not forget about the huge amounts of lethal Dihydrogen Monoxide everywhere. Humans could never survive in that kind of environment.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
i hope the van allen belts weren't included as a reason we can't go past low earth orbit. We can, and have. duration IN the belt is the key, humans can safely pass through them with little increased risk of cancer as long as they don't hang around out there too long. Even Van Allen himself has said as much, calling the who idea that the moon mission was faked because of the belts Absurd.

that said....

solar radiation is indeed a problem out there, as are micro-meteors and space junk.

The smartest move, IMO, would be a moon base, probably underground to help protect from the radiation / solar flares. that would be our staging area to move out further, removing the dangers of trying to launch all of this from earth.

Ah, so ISS is a hoax?

i wouldn't immediately assume the OP was saying that, but it does kinda seem that way. I also agree that it's patently absurd to deny the existence of the ISS when on a good night you can see it with your naked eyes!
edit on 26-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

And your right I am not assuming anything like that .. I never even mentioned the ISS .. yeah you have some really great points .. about a base on the moon .. and going underground I actually think that the craters would be of some great use .. not only that but to find the best place to land .. due to extreme temperatures ..Also I not only want us to go back to the moon but I still highly disbelieve that we ever did in 1969

I thought folks would understand the reason for this thread ok.. there is actually other forums dedicated on this exact topic .. my purpose of this thread was to bring open opinion to space exploration and all that it contains.

So that others can see and judge for themselves based on information we know and can discuss.. Everyone should know by now you cant really rely on the “upper crust” to divulge all the secrets they hold so dearly from us common folks .. well I think NASA has came to the conclusion that they have a ways to go ..

But it’s like with all the problems they have claimed thus far .. Only makes one wonder how it is that we went to the moon with these known problems ???

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

And your right I am not assuming anything like that .. I never even mentioned the ISS ..

But you do claim that space debris, cosmic rays, and radiation are largely why we can't go into space, do you not? Those aren't just threats for Apollo, in fact the first one is far more of a threat for ISS. And if we can't go into space, how is ISS not a hoax?
edit on 26-5-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

HOW is it, that you included all those articles stating the science and facts (most, from Wiki) and then come up with your premise (which, I think is vague, but from earlier posts I've read, I think I know where your bias is, and your utter misconceptions and misunderstandings....)??

I mean....the very evidence in your links is opposite of any claims of "hoax" in regards to the Space Program.

There is a lot, a lot of technical details, that for some people who aren't mechanically adept, so that can be daunting for those sorts. Learning, and experience is key, there, to understanding.

APOLLO 11 HOAX

(Well...I didn't repeat the URL link)....but, perhaps you only read the headline, on that one???

Go back and re-read, to see what I mean......

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

But you do claim that space debris, cosmic rays, and radiation are largely why we can't go into space, do you not? Those aren't just threats for Apollo, in fact the first one is far more of a threat for ISS. And if we can't go into space, how is ISS not a hoax?

I provided various reasons in my links as what would be a problematic in space exploration.

I never claimed anything like your refering to.. I never said anything of the sort it being a threat can you read ??
what I did say was "Solar activity has been proven to interrupt space missions " and that is a true statement made by NASA ..

Here is another few links on information regarding solar activity AND for some reason your denying that this has nothing to do with space exploration then why is it that they keep thier eyes on the following information in these links ?

If it was no problem at all then I guess we could launch a mission in the very near future right ??

Cosmic Rays Hit Space Age High
www.nasa.gov...

Marshall Space Flight Center
solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov...

I never claimed anything to be a Hoax .. Now if NASA seems to claim these things now why werent they mentioned back in 1969

what they didnt want us to know the dangers .. hmm sounds a bit ilogical as to why they make such a big deal now about it but back then we never knew all the details .. im just saying . it seems like after the facts

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

HOW is it, that you included all those articles stating the science and facts (most, from Wiki) and then come up with your premise (which, I think is vague, but from earlier posts I've read, I think I know where your bias is, and your utter misconceptions and misunderstandings....)??

I mean....the very evidence in your links is opposite of any claims of "hoax" in regards to the Space Program.

There is a lot, a lot of technical details, that for some people who aren't mechanically adept, so that can be daunting for those sorts. Learning, and experience is key, there, to understanding.

APOLLO 11 HOAX

(Well...I didn't repeat the URL link)....but, perhaps you only read the headline, on that one???

Go back and re-read, to see what I mean......

I have included or provided information for others to look at to justify what they see as wrong or right .

"I felt that due to conflicting information on what people seem know and don't really know .. there should be a place for us to show the closest to real truth regarding NASA from begining to present.. and A-Z "

"Lets see how or what folks really know .. we can wiegh out the Pro's ans Con's and then you dicide if NASA is all what it claims to be. "

If you cant add anything on the topic fine this is what I mentioned ..DAH !!

That's right I included WIKI and I am fully aware of how people view them as a poor provider of information .. I am aware of this and that is the sole reason I put the link up

what do you think is reliable information ?? non of it
I have read worse on this topic an no one seems to present a real factual look at the potential hazards that exist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There should be a place for us to show the closest to real truth regarding NASA from begining to present.. and A-Z "

"Lets see how or what folks really know .. we can wiegh out the Pro's ans Con's and then you dicide if NASA is all what it claims to be. "

and with this said I started it off with some links .. I never said to anyone that I believed these to be absolute truth now did I ?????

They are sources . some of them I would say are very reliable and some not so ..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I provided various reasons in my links as what would be a problematic in space exploration.

I never claimed anything like your refering to.. I never said anything of the sort it being a threat can you read ??

You said, and I quote, "IMO it is a hidden fact that we are not ready to actually send man/women into outer space due to health reasons .. And Space junk." If you were intellectually honest that would mean you would admit that it applies equally to ISS.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

???? Puzzled....

.....what do you think is reliable information ?? non of it ....

Hardly a logical, and reasonable approach to take, after posting the links (ALL are quite valid information sources, BTW...)

As I pointed out in another thread, just hours ago.....the library (or, if deciding to purchase a book or several, the bookstore) is a more comprehensive source of much information, compared to what's available only online.....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I have included or provided information for others to look at to justify what they see as wrong or right .

"I felt that due to conflicting information on what people seem know and don't really know .. there should be a place for us to show the closest to real truth regarding NASA from begining to present.. and A-Z "

What is your point? All the information about space hazards has been publicly available since the 1940's, starting with studies of meteors to determine the probable number of micrometeoroids of various sizes. The research has been done by institutions and individuals all over the world. The information is all in agreement. The fact that there are thousands of spacecraft operating happily within their parameters is confirmation that the conclusions are accurate. What does any of this have to do with NASA, any more than it has to do with the European, Russian and Chinese space agencies? Heck, if you have enough money, you can buy a ticket into space for yourself! What is your point?

Edit to add: What do you mean "decide for yourself?" If you understand the information, you understand why spacefaring is in the state it is in today. If you don't understand the information, you are in no position to weigh the "pros and cons."
edit on 26-5-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to add additional material.

edit on 26-5-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The OP is simply implying a personal disbelief by listing off a bunch of links and asking questions for everyone to educate him instead of doing real work on the subject and presenting calculative conclusions based in either math or experimentation. Then falling back in defense by stating he never said that in the first place he just questions it and we are all supposed to line up and provide him with an education knowing full well without any personal work on the subject we are supposed to do all the work for him, which will provide him the fuel to call our sources into question, again without providing any original calculative work. It's classic trolling 101.

Come up with a specific problem in calculations you've done first to be taken genuine, and seriously. I'm not here to be a free professor for you. I''ll debate sources that conclusions were drawn from otherwise this is a waste of time.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

..Also I not only want us to go back to the moon but I still highly disbelieve that we ever did in 1969

I don't mean to join the "dog-pile" but my question would be, if you don't believe we went to the moon in 1969 how can we go "back" there??

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jansy

That's why these sorts use links and videos to speak for them because the more they actually present things in their own words the more they contradict themselves, expose their misunderstandings, and clarify the fact they reside in a school of pseudo science.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think what is being said is appollo 11 was a hoax we had to get there then because the russians were on the way soon once we got there/ they had nothing to gain by going mthere and bytheby that is what ruined the space progam we got there and no one gave a # the cut the program as quick as they could 12 and on were real butg 11 I do not know mfor sure the pictures they showed were always off to me just my little addition have fun ripping each other but I thought the point of this site wasa to share and gain knowledge watsup

new topics

top topics

join