It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Granted Fresh 1Bil FEMA Denies Tornado Victims Aid & Rolls Out Hurricane Katrina Trailers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chad,

No one is blaming FEMA.
Surely you realize the difference between blaming and accusing?
Are you blind, or just in favor of Big Govenment Corruption?

I am accusing FEMA of being corrupt.

We have already established FEMA is corrupt.

And the people alone do a fine job of helping each other, the communites are the ones that
should be commended. No one should have to look to FEMA for help, but since FEMA is
the one thats walking around like a street beggar with its hands out taking tax money.

Its a sad day when people will turn a blind eye to rampant corruption in Governement.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Interesting how the OP is talking about one thing, and the other person in this thread keeps referring to "procedureal" information.

Yes, thats standard operational procedure, dont you know?

It does not work in turning a blind eye to coprruption to address the facts.
Stick to procedures, process and red tape!

That is precisely how FEMA has managed to be deemed THE MOST CORRRUPT govermental
agency.

In fact FEMA is so corrupt there are endless investigations that have exposed the trail of
FRAUD, waste and mismanagement.

Take for instance this one;

Fraud and waste in federal disaster aid was exposed last year, when FEMA distributed $31 million in Hurricane Frances relief to Miami-Dade County residents who experienced no hurricane conditions. US senators and federal auditors, reacting to those reports, feared similar problems had occurred in disasters throughout the country.

The Sun-Sentinel, in a special report, examined 20 of the 313 disasters declared by FEMA from 1999 through 2004, selecting cities where the agency's inspectors said they had encountered large-scale fraud. Of the $1.2 billion FEMA paid in those disasters, 27 percent went to areas where official reports showed only minor damage or none at all, the report found.

''It's so disturbing because we have urgent needs to help individuals who truly are the victims of disasters," said Senator Susan M. Collins, Republican of Maine. ''I think it erodes public support for disaster assistance when there is a pattern of wasteful and abusive spending." www.boston.com...

Which really leads us back to the my OP, in which FEMA is exposed in failing the victims of
natural disasters while its given Billions.

Thanks for your comments, and clearly you understand the issues, a bright mind is a refreshing thing!

edit on 26-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Don't know if this has bben brought up yet or not. But if we had a free press, seems though they should be hounding obama just like they were President Bush during Katrina. But, noooo, the press can't be bothered asking obama about serious issues. Can't say I'm surprised, obama got a pass on bungling the Gulf spill he'll get a pass on this.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

So let me see if I got this right... You are pissed FEMA is "corrupt" and wasting money. The money FEMA "wasted" was obtained by fradulent means on the part of the people filing claims. You areticle from the Boston globe shows this with the numerous individual accounts of how they lied in an effort to get FEMA money.

FEMA declines to doll out money, and that pisses you off, even though the affected areas didnt meet criteria.

So again, your not calling out FEMA, nor are you "disenting". You are grasping at straws in an effort to go after FEMA. Where is your outrage at the people who lied to FEMA in order to gain from it? Where is your call to investigate those people?

I love it when people blame the Government for actions taken in response to individuals lieing.and comitting fraud. You dont get it both ways...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Sek82

Its absolutlely shocking to see them rolling out these Katrina Trailers!

I could not believe this, and to think that every recent disaster has the potential
to be Obamas Katrina. Well I guess it just went from a zinger to a reality!

This thread could also alternitively be titled -

When Disaster Relief Becomes A Disaster In Itself!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

Sadly, I have to agree with you SEK 82!
Remember the purpose of FEMA. It's not to help people, it's to get rid of people! The more the better! (gotta get their quotas!) In Wisconsin, FEMA is demanding TORNADO VICTIMS pay them back money they don't have, for trailers GIVEN to them. Now FEMA says they were never entitled to them in the first place. BS!
RED CROSS is holding fund drives all over because they are tapped out from all the disasters so far. Without the RED CROSS we are really screwed! It's going to get much worse before it gets better. Prayers go out to everyone who has been affected by these !@#$%!'s and to those who are brave enough to expose what is going on and bring the truth to the attention of the American public like you and Dutchsinse

response was to SEK 82 not Kissitgoodbye!

edit on 26-5-2011 by kissitgoodbye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

When is it gonna be time to take down this secret gov? I'm sick of this

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So again, we have people who obtained funds from FEMA who were not elligable, FEMA wants it back, and now FEMA is evil...

Other say FEMA is there to kill people...

You guys are daft...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

That's easy..down here in Alabama he wasn't the messiah he thought he was...he didn't get elected by us or most of the south. Don't you remember the map for the electorial votes? We weren't his color.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
How about this. I know a woman that lives here in Alabama. She has no insurance on her house. She's in the middle of a divorce. Her only income is child support from the husband before this. The kitchen and part of the living room was ripped off her house during the tornadoes.

Fema told them the house was liveable. She can't cook or heat water. She has no water because of the tornado. She has 3 kids at home. They are living in one bedroom of the house that didn't have much damage.

Fema turned her down for everything. They did tell her they would send in volunteer groups to help build the house back...but.......she has to come up with the money for materials.

Ah but she filled out many forms they know everything there is to know about her.

I guess Fema stands for:

Finding
Everyones
Material
Assets

As for clean up...volunteers, southern baptist mens association, Making food available for people right after the tornadoes..again the churches down here stepped in and fed people. We have people still living in tents down here from the storms that went through. They are buying old campers to live in.

If you get a fema trailer you have to meet all the requirements they have which are stricker than most states.
Fema does not give people money..they will loan people money at low interest rates if they are dirt poor or higher than your local bank will loan you if you aren't.

This is the third time I've seen fema come into a disaster area in 20 years nothing has changed still the same. Oh wait except this time they hang out at the walmart when not working and check out the womens butts and don't try to hide they are doing it. I guess they figure we should feel priviledged they are here and saving us ..I wish they would get the heck out of here and go back to where they came from.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
While I can agree with you, I cannot complain. My mother's trailer was destroyed several years ago by a tornado. The red cross, Fema and several other organizations were there. I had the state represenative get off of his helicopter 100 feet in the field next to us and hand us a bottle of water. Now most people will say that this is a show, publicity, or whatever. When it happens to you, you are glad they are there to help you. It is devestating.

My mother moved in with me until she got help from FEMA. She got a little assistance and a low APR government loan for a Habitat house. It was a devestating experience and it sure was not worth a new house. All of her stuff was destroyed. If the FEMA trailers are not contaminated then she would of loved to have the opportunity to "borrow" one. Again if they are not the contaminated one's.

You have nothing after a tornado takes your home. I mean nothing. The red cross gave her a $500 card to buy shampoo and a few clothes. I give to the Red Cross when they have the boot drives or any other donation location. I really helps when you are in shock trying to figure out what to do next.

Just my input. Like I said it is corrupt, but you do see results if you DO AS THEY SAY. There are many meetings and fund drives my mother has to attend. It is no free ride.

Have a nice day. And to the folks down south of me, Hang in there. It will get better.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Back in 93 my parents lost thier house to a flood. No flood insurance they weren't in a flood plane. Fema came in. Oh they offered them a loan. Not a low interest loan since both my parents were on pensions. They went to the local bank and got a lower interest rate.

Your mother was lucky the helicopter landed where it did.

Americans should not have to do as they are told to get help. That sounds more like some communist country then what we are suppose to believe we are here.

I am glad your mother did get help I just don't agree with the strings attached to it. That is so wrong. Paying the loan back should be the only string attached since the cost of another payment on top of the payments people had before on their homes should be enough. Actually the government should give them loans at no interest since they are Americans and paid that money in to the government in the first place with their tax dollars.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hi Boon,

Well if Ron Paul did away with FEMA I tell you he would be the most popular president
in quite some time.

He has my vote! Imagine, what if Ron Paul called for an audit of FEMA!

First audit them, then close em up. :

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If this happened in chicago you can bet that Obama would be all over FEMA for not doing there jobs.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

you are truly and interesting fellow

We can all see clearly the point you are trying to make. Your unquestioning faith in the system is truly a beautiful thing to witness. I am amazed that others would even question the practices of any government agency let alone one like fema, which has such a flawless track record. The policies and procedures that they have published for us all to see, must obviously be exactly the way they run things. Why else would they publish them? I feel comfort in knowing that i am protected from all harm from my government.
God bless the TSA and god bless FEMA. Without them i don't think any American could sleep well at night.

Anyway, i'm off to take some prozac and watch some football while shoving fistfuls of Trans fat soaked GM potato into my bloated face.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

FEMA is for qualified assistance... Not to doll out cash to people who decided they dont wnat insurance or couldnt live with the person they married. People bitch about wanting govcernment out of their lives, except when people cant run their lives and want a hand out.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by napayshni57

FEMA is for qualified assistance...

FEMA is also for FEMA camps.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

If he did away with FEMA though,m then who would you blame for people being unable to run their own lives? Without FEMA refusing to doll out money to people who dont qualify for it, while at the same time being corrupt and handing money out to people who lied to get it, who would you blame then?

Your arguments to date seem to suggest you arent a fan of personal responsibility.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Please all mighty oracle, show me where FEMA camps are located. Please show me where they are in existance, and what legislation authorized their use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join