It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza: Egypt 'to open Rafah crossing to Palestinians'!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Gaza: Egypt 'to open Rafah crossing to Palestinians'!!

www.bbc.co.uk

Egypt is to open the Rafah border crossing into Gaza permanently to most Palestinians from Saturday, Egyptian state news agency Mena has said.

Gaza has been under blockade since 2007, when the Islamist Hamas movement took control of the territory.

Under ex-President Hosni Mubarak - ousted in February - Egypt opposed the Hamas administration and helped Israel to enforce the blockade.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Egypt warns Israel: Don't interfere with opening of Gaza border crossing
Rafah's opening would be a violation of an agreement reached in 2005 between the U.S., Israel, Egypt, and the EU; Israel official tells the Wall Street Journal developments in Egypt could affect Israel's national security.

An Israeli official on Friday told The Wall Street Journal that Israel was troubled by the recent developments in Egypt saying they could affect Israel's national security at a strategic level.

SOURCE

edit on 25-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ahhh, well, i was waiting for that aid flotile until the fireworkds went off but it seems we dont have to wait that long, I'm sure israel are not going to be happy about this one bit!! But honestly, what will they be able to do about it? Not much, invade egypt? I highly doubt it, condemn it? Highly possible but i think that's as far as it will go.

Not a lot of countries like Israel so if they did try to "sort out" egypt, they will not have a very warm welcome as i imagine certain countries will stand by egypt and help them out, it will be interesting to see what Israels response will be though.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Israel will probably lobby the US to cut aid to Egypt which is quite substantial..

I hope the US tells them to mind their own business but I somehow doubt it..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Someone beat you to it:

ATS Thread

i agree though, I'm eager to see Israels response. how much do you want to wager that someone fires a few rockets from Gaza right around the time the border opens?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Ahhh, well, i was waiting for that aid flotile until the fireworkds went off but it seems we dont have to wait that long, I'm sure israel are not going to be happy about this one bit!! But honestly, what will they be able to do about it? Not much, invade egypt? I highly doubt it, condemn it? Highly possible but i think that's as far as it will go.

What is Israel doing, telling Palestinians to stay in their room? Taking the role of some abusive, crazy ass parent?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Been along time coming if you ask me decency prevails who cares what israel thinks. Well done egypt

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Found a quote on an external website which is interesting to say the least....

No friend to Israel

The new Egypt will be an aggressive, Islamic state looking for trouble, and more importantly, the demise of it’s neighbor to the north, Israel. The bible tells us that a series of awesome, amazing and terrible wars are about to be fought over a 7 year period. The bible also says that the victory is already secured for Israel. But it’s going to be quite a bumpy ride.

SOURCE
edit on 25-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Another related news source

Egypt warns Israel: Don't interfere with opening of Gaza border crossing
Rafah's opening would be a violation of an agreement reached in 2005 between the U.S., Israel, Egypt, and the EU; Israel official tells the Wall Street Journal developments in Egypt could affect Israel's national security.

SOURCE

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

When has Israel ever stuck to an agreement?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Thanks you for bringing this to my attention.

I have a bad feeling about this.
With all the things that are going on right now, Libya, Iran and knowledge of 9/11, Pakistan/China etc.
Tense times.

Why is everyone so eager to kill eachother? Religion and Money would be my guess.
Humankind, a sad bunch indeed.

OnlyLove.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You said it all.

People don't like Hamas. I get that. I understand why. But to torment an entire people, punishing them for electing Hamas? That is as crazy as it gets.

As Americans we hold things like being able to elect your own representation to be very dear. We dumped a bunch of tea in a huge act of terrorism once because of the inability to have our own representation. Why we would support crushing the will of people to select their own representation is beyond me. And how other Americans can support it concerns me (they obviously allow their dislike of Hamas to over rule their own American morals and ethics).

This is a brave, yet absolutely correct move on Egypts part.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
War will break out over this. So the Israeli's havent made any statements in response to this?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My post from the other thread about this:

Most of what you see in stores in Gaza comes through those smuggling tunnels at the Rafah crossing, the removing of this blockade means that a real economy as opposed to a black market will start to form in Gaza. What I'm wondering about is, in the past in response to rocket attacks Israel used to bomb the smuggling tunnels, what will be the response if this border opens up?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
War will break out over this. So the Israeli's havent made any statements in response to this?

Not yet, but i can bet they will soon, they will condemn it, and depending how they feel.... attack egypt? i don't know, that would be a very brave thing to do if they did, Egypt will almost certainly get the support of Turkey if they did.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I dont think Israel would "attack Egypt" over this but i could see something directed at the crossing itself that could escalate. I dont see Israel just all out bombing Cairo though.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Israel PM, looked as if he was a corporate boss walking into congress. He seems very mad imo and likely to retaliate. I believe a lot of things are about to happen and should happen with israel being the primary target

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I dont think Israel would "attack Egypt" over this but i could see something directed at the crossing itself that could escalate. I dont see Israel just all out bombing Cairo though.

I agree with but then, at the same time.... i can't see israel just sitting back and allowing it.... it's a rather strange situation for them, they can eather sit back and take it..... or be proactive and do something to stop it.

They didn't think twice about storming that aid ship last year though........

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Good.

Enough with that inhumane blockade. Hell Israel is running Gaza like it's a prison. Controlling everything that goes in, banning food items and construction supplies, which they need since Israel is often bombing their infrastructure.

Go EGYPT.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I see a false flag attack coming..
Advanced weapons being used against Israel and the open border being blamed..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Not looking too good for Israel. If I were them I would be worried about a mass exodus of Arab people from their current land and into what we know as the state of Israel. They just may march in and win with numbers, maybe

That's my take anyway

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join