It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Survival Video: Group Saved In Gas Station Beer Cooler During MO F5 Tornado!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If you've ever wondered what it would be like to ride out an F5 tornado, here is your chance.

A man videotaped his extreme experience with 18 or more other people as they sought refuge
in a Fastrip gas station Beer Cooler as the violent tornado ripped through Joplin MO,
and literally all around them!

These folks crammed into the cooler just seconds before the tornado hit!

Tornado starts just under 2 minutes in!

www.youtube.com...

One of the best parts is hearing some of them call out and say "I love you all"

Everyone survived, and he went back and filmed the aftermath
to show the devastation, and thier unlikely yet amazing survival spot!

went back to the Fastrip today. lots of people had been asking for what was left of the building. So here it is

www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wow! I'm glad they all escaped unharmed. God must have been on their side cause nature sure wasn't.

Beer what can't it do?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

From the sound of it there was a lot of praying going on inside that cooler!
I thought the same thing, everything around them was destroyed, only that
spot where they were was intact!

Wow, thats something isnt it?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The makers of that beer cooler can now advertise the cooler as a viable tornado shelter.

Human trial successful!

Good thing no one got hurt! wow!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMessenger1

Wow...looking at the end of the cooler where the wall was ripped off and seeing all
of the broken glass - it just missed them on all sides!

They are very fortunate folks for sure, they will have one whopper of a campfire story to tell!
edit on 25-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Absolutly heart wrenching to hear the screams of those little kids
. Before I watched the first vid I read your comment about how everyone survived, But while watching it I couldnt help but keep saying to myself" please let everyone be okay!!" Thanks for posting. Once again glad everyone was okay.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yeah it's amazing all that damage and virtually nothing left intact, except a little tin box where a group of people huddled together. In my eye that's just way too much coincidence to be just plain old luck.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well, if you've gotta face death, might as well face it with nice brew.

I can't say I'd dive into an area filled with aluminum
and glass though, but hey... it worked, so.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

[
Beer what can't it do?

Im still searching for that answer!
I hope I never find out. hehe

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

I would have to agree on this one...talk about supernatural forces!

I wont forget this one, tucking right in there in my memory bank - I have had a few
experinces of my own - but nothing like this.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Yes, the first part of the video is so dark and quiet, but it gets interesting very quick there.
Those poor kids, that part was hard to listen to, it made it much easier to know ahead of time
they all survived!

I hope they dont have nightmares - hopefully not since they were all fine in the end.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Where I live we get gale force winds now and then, most recent being Monday where there was some destruction and a life lost and I always wondered what a tornado was like.

I sure as hell have found out now. Terrifying, absolutely terrifying. I started crying, not only out of compassion for the people in the cooler but because I was actually scared. I then made my partner listen to it and his first words after listening was "No wonder the people in that part of the US are portrayed as having such strong faith" and I agree.

My heart truly goes out to the people of Joplin.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
They say there are no atheists in a foxhole, and that video seems to lend some credence to that.

I couldn't see much in the first video but after seeing all the destruction in the second, all I can say is "Wow." The whole area was demolished. And to think stuff like this happens repeatedly every year. Imagine all the harrowing and tragic stories we haven't ever seen...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ficargul

Yes, thanks for your comments.

I have never been in a tornado myself. I thought some of the storms I had been in were
severe, but after watching these latest tornados, in comparison they were nothing.

My mother was terrified of tornados, having come from the midwest and lived through a few
in a root cellar. Its no wonder!

I give the people in the Mid West this, they have a great faith, and a lot of courage!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Imagine all the harrowing and tragic stories we haven't ever seen...

So true, these stories go largely unseen and unheard - Cell Phones, and the internet age have
changed that, surely we have seen more in this last year than ever before.

And yes, that old saying is likely more true than we could ever imagine!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
That is a miracle they survived that... Glad they are safe! The video got me scared now haha. I have a cell (tornado) 30 miles away getting ready to hit. Also a huge line full of tornados hitting in the next 2 hours or so. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a 2 year old to protect, I'm terrified of losing a hold of her. Stay safe everyone.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Poker

If God was on their side why would he have not stopped it sooner? Even if you believe in God then you still have to recognise that on earth he gives us free willand therefore surviving an encounter like this is pure luck. God giving these people mercy or cutting them a break has nothing to do with it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ficargul

I dont understand that because surely if they believed that God was on their side then he wouldnt send such destruction their way at all? If they believe in God surely they must be wondering what they did to deserve such an event?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

I hope you have a safe place to go to.
Survived an F4 in '67 that destroyed our farm and alot of our town.
That small spider infested limestone cellar was a gift from God.

If you don't have a basement go to a neighbor who does.
If you have a bathroom on the ground floor get in the tub and pull a mattress over you.
Make a survival plan. Stay safe.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TriggerFish

Thank you! I do have a basement with a seating area set up for us with a box of supplies in case we are stuck down there (well, its actually for doomsday but close enough lol) I still don't feel safe in it though.. That's a story you will never forget, glad you made it through

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join