It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

www.tenthamendmentcenter.com

Yesterday, the U.S. Department of Justice upped the ante in a high-stakes political game of chicken. Lobbying against pending legislation in the Texas legislature which would criminalize any searches conducted without probable cause, U.S. Attorney John E. Murphy sent a letter to a few high-ranking members of Texas’ government warning against promoting the bill and threatening a complete closure of all flights to and from the state. No doubt written with the threatening intent one reads into it
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.tenthamendmentcenter.com...

+45 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Murphy added: “We urge that you consider the ramifications of this bill before casting your vote.”

They are twisting Texas arm into conceding our Constitutional Rights. This is outrageous. After what happen to Ms Texas being sexually groped by TSA, No one should tolerate the federal government for imposing this kind of threat on the states.

For people who still don't believe that we are living in a fascist country. This is all the proof they need to believe. Although I used to be liberal and now believe in no party at all. Liberals need to wake up to this fascist regime. Antiwar protesters are being arrested, for instance, former-cia Ray McGovern was beat up in a peace rally by officers. We need to rise up and stand for the constitution so that the madness can end.

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Oh. My. Goodness. How credible is this site? Havent read it yet, but I will. I'm guessing this would effect the tsa, so the gov wont have none of that. Would the no fly zone effect the u.s. Bases here? I need to hear other opinions please! Ok, off to read. Those are just my first thoughts that ran through my head

+15 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Wow. Such BS.

Gogo Texas. Don't veer off course

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

I certainly hope that the Texas legislators vote from a Texas standpoint and don't let the feds coerce them.

States rights mean nothing anymore... and it sucks.

S&F!

+1 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Having read the link, I only have 3 words for Texas,

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!

+10 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The tree of liberty needs watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants every two hundred years.

+3 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I certainly hope that the Texas legislators vote from a Texas standpoint and don't let the feds coerce them.

S&F!

Do you understand why the states have no rights anymore? It is because the states have NO REPRESENTATION in congress anymore. Senators are supposed to be chosen by the states, they are supposed to represent the states which is why each state, regardless of size/population, has 2 senators, That way each "state" had an equal voice. Just like the seats for the house of representatives are apportioned according to population so that each "person" has an equal voice. When we went to the populace electing senators, the states were totally screwed. The states lost their voices. This is how/why the states get stuck with all of these unfunded mandates. Taxation without representation.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Unfortunately, if you read the entire article, it states the following....

For now, it appears that the U.S. Attorney’s threat has realized its goal; the sponsor of the Texas bill has decided to concede defeat in this battle, but remains committed to fighting the war. “I will pull HB 1937 down, but I will stand for liberty in the state of Texas,” said Senator Dan Patrick, the bill’s sponsor. As such, as of right now, the bill has died

I guess it's already dead.
So much for "Remeber The Alamo!"

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by showintail

How credible is this site?

I personally havent heard of the site before, but I did some searching and found a few sites. I do believe they are credible.

From the Texas Tribune

Fed Threat Shuts Down TSA "Groping" Bill in Texas

A threat from the federal government to shut down Texas airports or cancel flights may have killed legislation by Tea Party conservatives in the Texas Capitol to prohibit federal Transportation Security Agents from conducting "invasive searches."

From the TSA's own blog.

blog.tsa.gov...

What's our take on the Texas House of Representatives voting to ban the current TSA pat-down? Well, the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution (Article. VI. Clause 2) prevents states from regulating the federal government.

Texas has got to fight back. This is getting insane.

Edit - Im looking at the comments on the TSA blog about this.....and alot of people are pretty fed up with the TSA
edit on 25-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
we have to fight for our rights...again.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Somehow, I missed that part (all the kiddos woke up) sigh... No words left then. Thanks for pointing that out for me, no matter how dissapointing

+6 more 
posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I say pass the bill and then watch the people of Texas riot after their government has restricted them from flying in and out of the state. This could be a huge win for the state if they would just call the governments bluff. Could you imagine the uprising from people if the government did this!

Pass the bill and let everything fall into place!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by butcherguy

S&F!

Do you understand why the states have no rights anymore? It is because the states have NO REPRESENTATION in congress anymore. Senators are supposed to be chosen by the states, they are supposed to represent the states which is why each state, regardless of size/population, has 2 senators, That way each "state" had an equal voice. Just like the seats for the house of representatives are apportioned according to population so that each "person" has an equal voice. When we went to the populace electing senators, the states were totally screwed. The states lost their voices. This is how/why the states get stuck with all of these unfunded mandates. Taxation without representation.
That issue began in 1913.US Govt
States rights and the (original) US Constitution were dealt killer blows during the War between the States (The Civil War).
Most of the blows were dealt by that man that is held as a hero by so many, Abraham Lincoln.
edit on 25-5-2011 by butcherguy because: To add.

edit on 25-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Reply to post by tvtexan

Epic fail.

F this crap. Grrrr

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I would die fighting to make Texas it's own country again.

Even the gays are fleeing San Francisco for Texas......

...just sayin'.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by Pervius

lol. Are you serious?

Link?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by buni11687

Fail TSA. Supremecy Clause only applies to laws that are constitutionally valid.

link   
reply to post by showintail

Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble.

The sad reality is that even Big Talking Texas politicians have succumb to the strong arm tactics of the Federal Government in many circumstances.

link   
I used to read the TSA blog often, now I can't anymore without feeling my blood pressure go up.

As a state, we can't even say NO to these molestations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join