It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning a War without fireing a shot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The Chinese are going ahead with their plans to purchase 50 square miles of Idaho countryside for a new factory, a gaited community, private stores. A private Chinese village inside of U.S. borders. In turn the goods produced will be sold to Americans and the finances shipped back to China in toto.
Times are good.
www.bestmetalresearch.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

Yeah that's a good idea... Might as well sell the land off a piece at a time to china.. in 50 mile squares... for slave labor in a community that will provide no jobs for Americans and will keep the worker bees inside the hive.... working under standard Chinese working conditions of course.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hell we don't need to worry about economic hit men, now it is environmental land profiteers. Goggle up a bunch of land, by saying they are selling to private investors and fed government can claim they are relieving the national debt.

When in reality they are auctioning off the land our forefather, great grand parents and family today fought and even died for, against communist dictator ridden tyrants...

Only to see it occupied by the very threats we were warned of by our protectors, not even a quarter century ago.

What a shame...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Kinda like how the U.S buys a big chunk of land and builds a military base on it, eh?

I wonder how Americans will take this. What can they do about it?

edit on 24-5-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It sounds like it's just going to be another foreign trade zone. Canada has had one for a couple of years now, and I've never heard of any problems. They have to follow the laws and regulations of the host country.

www.foreigntradezone.ca...
The page is copyrighted, so it isn't letting me copy and paste anything

They were also planning on a mega port down in Mexico, for Asian - North American trade, and the above link has a pic that seems to reflect that.

www.portstrategy.com...

Secretary of Communications & Transport Juan Francisco Molinar said Punta Colonet will take advantage of trans-Pacific trade, linking US markets with Asian exporters.

Although I might be wrong, the OP article states

will not only consist of assorted factories it will also include a gaited community for it’s workers and stores owned and operated by the factory owners.

The upshot of this will be, no jobs for Americans, no increase in sales (most of the workers will not be allowed out of the walled compound), and the profits from the goods sold from this factory will not stay in the U.S. but instead will go to a foreign nation.

That sounds weird and questionable, the gated community that no one is allowed out of

That's NOT the way Canada's foreign trade zone works
edit on 24-5-2011 by snowspirit because: added

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Hell we don't need to worry about economic hit men, now it is environmental land profiteers. Goggle up a bunch of land, by saying they are selling to private investors and fed government can claim they are relieving the national debt.

When in reality they are auctioning off the land our forefather, great grand parents and family today fought and even died for, against communist dictator ridden tyrants...

Only to see it occupied by the very threats we were warned of by our protectors, not even a quarter century ago.

What a shame...

Yeah true, wonder how the native Americans feel about this ?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
China has such a large amount of our debt, it wouldn't surprise me if there's ever a land for debt deal. They could threaten to flood the treasury market as leverage. I'm surprised there isn't more of this happening as the chinese are probably looking to get something, anything, for there dollar while it is still worth something, There are already foreign nations buying up our infrastructure, so those same nations buying up private or commercial real estate doesn't seem like a stretch to me.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Citizens of Idaho will not benefit in an manner financially from this, it will create no jobs. Workers will come in from China...etc., as mentioned in the article.
The Governor of Idaho and other company relations find Chinese trade good for the state. However, selling part of the state to China, is non benefiting, unlike the trade.
Yes, this is how the US is attempting to payback debt owed to China, the Gov., is falling for it too...
ID has a history with China,(explained in the link below)

China already has become Idaho's third-largest export destination (after Canada and Taiwan) and a critical market for many of the state's farmers and manufacturers. That's why Gov. Butch Otter is leading a trade mission this week to Shanghai, Guangzhou and Beijing...

Read more: www.idahostatesman.com...=misearch#ixzz1NKSJwI71

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Coincidentally, the remake of Red Dawn had to be edited to limit or remove reference to the Chinese invasion of America, and replaced with the much more realistic North Korean invasion. This was done so they don't offend the Chinese market of a billion people.

I don't think foreign corporations should be able to own property. Just my opinion. Not that any of it matters anymore.

new topics

top topics

join