It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all 3 in melt down!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
yes all 3 are in melt down news.yahoo.com... from the link

Rods in 3 reactors at Japan plant
part of the story

By SHINO YUASA, Associated Press – 2 hrs 44 mins ago

TOKYO – The operator of Japan's damaged nuclear power plant said Tuesday that it is highly likely that fuel rods at two more reactors at the facility had mostly melted in the hours and days immediately after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

The clearer picture of the extent of the damage comes as U.N. nuclear experts planned to meet with Japan's trade minister later Tuesday at the start of their fact-finding trip.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. had said last week that repaired water gauges showed that fuel rods in Unit 1 at the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant had mostly melted and fallen into a lump at the bottom of the pressure vessel — a state that TEPCO officials have described as a "meltdown" — after the complex's cooling system was knocked out by the tsunami.

Fresh data from Units 2 and 3 indicate that fuel rods in those reactors were in a similar state, said spokeswoman Aya Omura.
now do you believe 3 times Chernobyl

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Funny how they are just confirming now something that ATS has been talking about since the beginning. Just tells you where to go to get the real news and information.

But, on the bright side, the biggest releases of radiation have happened already, and unless there is another explosion should stay static.

I'm always an optimist.

Pred...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yeah, how does this change anything? There are no "mayor" radioactive leaks and the plan to cocoon them in concrete have already been approved.

I wonder what the status is on the spend plutonium rods? They are a much greater threat. Probably still submerged in water?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
They have known since this started that all three reactors had melted down!

The word "meltdown" has such a strong connotation that when the situation was more uncertain, more people probably would have fled Tokyo, he said.

Tepco confirms meltdown
Are they wanting to KILL their people??
edit on 24-5-2011 by MrEuphoric1 because: I cant spell good

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Im thinking this was done intentionally, things just keep getting worse and worse everywhere I look. I wish I believed in a god so I could pray to him or her or it. I dont know whats what anymore.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
japan was once a nation built on sacrifice and honour
company leaders and polititions sacrificing the people they represent is in no way honourable
maybe they should consider hari kiri

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Do you rember Chernobyl . Have you seen this. I t contains valuable information. It needs to get out.

Lorene22

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
But, on the bright side, the biggest releases of radiation have happened already, and unless there is another explosion should stay static.
For airborne releases hopefully that's true and maybe the planned tent will help reduce that even further.

But have they stopped contaminating the ocean? I know they are trying to contain contaminated water, but I still get the idea it's finding its way into the ocean. If they keep contaminating the ocean, that will add up over time.

It wasn't hard to guess it was worse than we were told, all one needs to do is study TMI and Chernobyl to surmise that's what happened in those cases, and history does tend to repeat itself.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by joe12
Yeah, how does this change anything? There are no "mayor" radioactive leaks and the plan to cocoon them in concrete have already been approved.

The reactors are already going trough a limited version of "China syndrome", according to Asia Times, does not that count as a major leak?

A quote from the link

...the nuclear installation seems to be going through a limited version of the China syndrome since it was damaged in an the aftermath of the massive earthquake and tsunami of March 11.

Doesn't this also mean that entombment is impossible? (If the radioactive lava hits the water table and starts generating horrible ammounts of steam and pressure)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ADEzor

Good points. I have to say I'm no expert in Nuclear safety but it will be interesting to see what comes out of this in the next few days. The main-stream media is a bit too quite for my liking.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Meltdown is such a strong word, i prefer..."everything is under control". if they don't fix this now, and they get another earthquake, they will kill every human on the planet.

entombment seems to be the best choice.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

they will kill every human on the planet

Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever called someone out using this term, but you sir or madam are a fear monger.
edit on 24-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Great.
I am so angry...I feel like my younger brother could have done a better job handling this...they're idiots I'm sorry.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

love your av, is that real?? like your sarcasm as well, i hope it's sarcasm

edit on 24-5-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Avyuir

yes they are for even thinking they could control the genie in the bottle in the first place, we have yet too learn how to use it and keep it safe it should be band but then what to use in its place?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

no the mad man or fear monger is the one that thinks everything is ok and we are all safe wake up your just a walking dead if one thing don't get you something else will that is just life, live to day as it is your last what will you do???

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

yes you have the right idea but then they have got to find the leak first, then they can entomb it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

hardly.

think about it. if they get hit with another earthquake+tsunami before they get this sorted out, the amount of radioactive materials that could be released may easily spread, and seed the whole planet after a few months. i'm not saying it is a high probability, but when you're dealing with the possible poisoning of millions, sealing the reactors off seems the only logical solution.

i'm confused as to why they haven't.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

It's not too late!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join