It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wowzor, I just saw a UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
So I just went outside for a smoke, and as i was stepping outside I noticed a bright object out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head quickly and I saw this cylinder shaped object with a curved "head" flying through the sky. It was only there for a second or two before it went past the horizon, but I clearly saw it. This thing was HUGE. There was no way it was a plane. I look at the sky a lot and I've seen plenty of planes. It was easily 20 times as big as normal planes, but it looked nothing like a normal plane. This sighting was intense to say the least.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Where about are you?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Illinois

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

did you manage to get a photo?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I freaking love Inspector Gadget!

Wish I could have seen it, no one ever pays me in UFO's.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
pics or vid?

2nd line

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I thought about adding this in the op, but decided against it, but since you ask I'll say it.
This was literally the first time I didn't bring my phone out with me in weeks, but having it on me wouldn't have mattered anyways because it was in the sky for such a short time it would've been impossible for me to whip out the phone and switch to camera/video setting.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Sounds like crap to me, i dont think you saw anything!
Stop wasting energy.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It didn't happen without pics...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

yea

who cares when some one comes to site for conversing with others

the op is clearly crazy right

way to jump on the ignorance train

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldave

lol, even if I had pics, people would just call the pics fake.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
In a day and age where cameras are available in every household, be it a mobile phone, digital camera or even a camcorder ... Everyone has at least one ...

You should have taken pictures ... Or at least one!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

Im not being ignorant at all, im just being realistic, i have personally seen things i cant explain in the night sky, i just dont think his account is believable.
Not very convincing.

edit on 24-5-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by metaldave

lol, even if I had pics, people would just call the pics fake.

True ... But you'd still have some people believing you, which is better than no one believing you without evidence!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
For what it's worth I believe you. I saw several in December. One Triangle UFO and then a little bit later several disc shaped ones. I didn't get my camera out in time for the triangle one but I know what I saw as I'm sure you do too. Unfortunately in order to "prove" it to skeptics and sock puppets you need photos but that doesn't mean you didn't have the experience.
edit on 24-5-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

You need an iPhone or equal version !!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Maybe we should take people at their word, But I guess that's the lying government's fault!!

I believe you, seeing a ufo is like seeing clouds in someplaces! they are everywhere, So why lie?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Aw, I don't care whether you have pics or not- I wouldn't believe anything in particular about them even if you did.
I will go as far as to say I'm willing to believe you saw something as you describe it! (that of course wouldn't mean it wasn't an optical illusion, or have some reasonable explanation, but it doesn't mean it wasn't an alien craft, or muti dimensional craft, or entity, or whatever.....)

But I'll keep that description in mind and share if I ever see something similar, so we can compare experiences!

-on another note, it's funny how probably most UFO sightings are done by us smokers nowadays.....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
People who say 'you should've gotten a camera' should think things through a little better. The OP states the sighting lasted for about two seconds. Not nearly enough time to even think about grabbing a camera; you're probably just figuring out what the heck you just saw.

I can see how people are a little skeptic though. I once had an encounter with an unknown object. No pics, because I was driving on the freeway and it's appearance only lasted 3-5 seconds. I shared this encounter with some close friends via email, and it cost me an hour at least typing up the whole story.

The point I'm trying to make is, when you don't have photography, you should really try hard to convince your audience. If it really happened, this shouldn't be a problem. In my email which was two pages long I first prepared the reader with some context. Then gave a very very detailed description of what I saw. Location, time, movement, colors, my reaction, my hesitation, my awe.

Then I proceeded looking up YouTube videos with similar accounts and/or similar locations to state that I'm not the only one claiming to have seen this phenomenon.

Long story short: I have no reason to doubt you, but if you really want to convince your audience you should put in a little more effort.
edit on 24/5/11 by SergeantTrammelant because: Grammar

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I saw something similar some 35 years ago. I was riding a motorcycle at the time so pictures would have been problematic. I only saw it for a second or two and by the time I could get the bike pulled off the road it was gone.

As for everyone always has a camera, I just came in from taking my dog for about a half mile walk. I left my cell phone in the house. Sometimes, if I think about it, I take it with me but I'm not really expecting any calls at 3:30 in the morning.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join