It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believing in the End of the World is not STUPID!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Its desperate.

We are so tired and angry of this bombardment of madness from all possible angles.
We wish the world would change and be better, we wish that we would just be left in peace with our "stuff", living and letting live.
We have allowed much more than what it has been really done to us!

Our indifferent attitude towards anything that hasn't have to do with our personal fulfillment of pleasure inducing or reality abstracting mental, material and ideological devices is destroying us from within.
We are discontent but unwilling to put up a fight in the only logical and rational matter, by educating and taking our destinies in our hands, by letting go of the training wheels imposed by religions and states, we dont need the will of kings to stop us from killing and distancing ourselves.

We are on the loosing side, our strategy has been hiding and waiting for the storm to pass, but the storm stayed and raped our daughters, brainwashed our sons, and made sad incoherent sick fearful spoiled children.

Once we realize that we are no different from each other, that our farts smell the same, even if you are an Illuminati overlord, or a master of the secrets of Osiris, we are all in the same boat, and will pay the price accordingly to our deeds and actions.
Inaction is the worse choice and the one we abandon ourselves into.

Knowledge is power, its what you do with the things you know than how much one really knows.
We must turn this world around by the collective will of all, otherwise, the brink of oblivion seems awfully close to home.

Its not stupid to believe in the end of the world, its the natural reaction the despaired have against forces they do not know how to deal with, its the natural desire of the condemned to life in solitary.
Free yourself of the fear to know that all is possible within this imaginary boundaries.
truth is we can change, and in that expressive act, change the world towards efficiency not self imposed decay.

there is much to learn folks, dare to try it out, dark secrets look for light!

And for clarification I do not sponsor the end, I do not hope for death, In change Life will again find strenght in its roots!

edit on 23-5-2011 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
sorry but believing in the "end of the world" not only is stupid...but it's fear mongering...hate to burst your bubble but I'm not going to live in fear like half the world does

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Why is it stupid?
Everything has a beginning, middle and an end. Nothing is ever static.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

It just is to me...I'm entitled to my opinion of the supposed "end of the world" and my opinion is just that...an opinion...it doesn't matter...I'm not going to sit here and worry about the when and why or where...I'm just going to live my life the way I always have and not bother with the inevitable if that is the case
edit on 23-5-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Believing in the end of the world

Believing in Change

Expecting your reality to change is an inevitable feeling. Best believe it will because change is permanent and history does repeat itself but not to the fullest extent of the saying.
edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
sorry but believing in the "end of the world" not only is stupid...but it's fear mongering...hate to burst your bubble but I'm not going to live in fear like half the world does

Did you actually read anything except the title my friend?

That is precisely what I meant!
thats how we live I´m asking you folks to realize is that we are so full of fear we WANT IT to stop, how? by somehow waiting for it to happen, by wasting our lives waiting for the end when we can not also change our sad state of existences where we desire death instead of life, and actually do something about it.

Getting educated and actually understanding the process behind the main doomsday concepts help glimpse a much larger picture, and the reasons become evident we are fearful of having responsibility in our actions, we fear to face the consequences of our actions and desire to be left alone, hiding in fear, because we know the world is falling apart because we have left it to fall apart, only minding our own business , ignoring that we are all on the same boat.

Hoping for the end of the world is the cowards way out, its time to change our direction!
Action instead of tears!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Sure, the world is full of bad, it always was, always will.

And yes, there's always a new war around the corner.

And maybe you think that only a supernatural force can get us out of our dump.

But sometimes, when you look at it, it just seems that it's a sad excuse for God to help you get rid of all the humans that don't fit your life style. When you think of it, it's also a cause for a lot of wars and killings.

But this time, you ask for a radical solution, you ask for God to come and kill, punish all those that you don't agree with in one sweep. Then you'll have peace, because you think you'll have on-one left to hate ?

You can start changing the world now for the better if you stop supporting wars and discriminations of all kinds.
No need to wait for some magical intervention.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Knowing the world could end at any moment isn't fear mongering, unless you're afraid of the unknown.
What's stupid is remaining purposefully ignorant of the prospect that the world will one day die.

I've read comments on ATS where people have claimed that life on Earth will be here for another billion years. That's optomistic, hopeful even, but nothing is certain. At any moment the Sun could kill every last organism on this planet in damn near the blink of an eye. I don't find knowing that fact stupid at all.

The world may last another 4.6 billion years (the estimated remaining life of our sun), or this same sun may throw out a massive CME that boils us alive tomorrow. No one knows. All I can say is; If the end of the world bothers you... don't click on E.L.E. related threads.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Believing in The End of The World, is not exactly stupid, but thinking about it 24/7 and being paranoid, and fear mongering people about it. Living your life in fear, or any of the above is stupid IMO. If there was an end of the world scenario then there is really nothing we can do but sit back and hang on for the ride. It is completely out of our hands. NOW preparing for disasters and being prepared with water and food and supplies is NOT stupid, in fact its very smart... Anyways that being said just be smart about it and remember to live your lives...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
But sometimes, when you look at it, it just seems that it's a sad excuse for God to help you get rid of all the humans that don't fit your life style. When you think of it, it's also a cause for a lot of wars and killings.

But this time, you ask for a radical solution, you ask for God to come and kill, punish all those that you don't agree with in one sweep. Then you'll have peace, because you think you'll have on-one left to hate ?

You can start changing the world now for the better if you stop supporting wars and discriminations of all kinds.
No need to wait for some magical intervention.

Wise words!
And exactly what I meant, good to see that still some understand that its our Will the only thing that will in the end, save or condemn us.
We choose to believe in the end of the world as a collective, because we want the bad stuff to go away, we have been tamed to give up everything without a fight, by leaving our choices to others that not always wish or our uphold our wellbeing.

Believing in the end of th world is the sign of the desperate, and at the same time, it could well be used as a reminder of our fragile existences and doomed existences, instead of believing that everyday could might well as be our personal end of the world, hundreds die everyday, some even in their sleeps.

Since death is already waiting, why not giving it all, why not actually living each and every day like the last, knowing that there is little for us to loose as in the end death is already waiting, of course this is a double edge swords as morbidity and despair are habits we sometimes rely on, instead of spinning the ideas we just stare at some concepts from the same tired angles.

Death as the ultimate motivator, Give it all, no one has their lives bought, we are all here for a little while! life is a hard fought battle we can actually, if not ultimately win, live it at its fullest consciously and responsible for everything we do...

cheers!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
SF Perfectly said. I will be prepared when it comes although continue on slaving to pay taxes and make sure my children understand that this world is unpredictable. Thus helping them to understand that they must not get caught with their pants down. Awesomely said my friend. Hope some of the debunkers can maybe use this post to help open their mind.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hoping for the end of the world is the cowards way out, its time to change our direction! Action instead of tears
!

I do agree with you on that, my mother is always saying "why doesn't the end hurry up and get here so I can have a new body and this and that and god this and god that" and to me that is the most selfish thing ever... This suffering that all of us go through is in a sense beautiful and without it, there is no life, no happiness, love, ect... Almost like there can't be light without dark sorta thing. It just is and I believe that suffering and going through all these trials and tribulations are invigorating to us and how we learn and grow from these experiences will determine who we are...
edit on 23-5-2011 by Sarahraeann because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cbaskins

Thats the point, to live in constant awareness, to change our mindsets from prey to predators, one does not have to be mean to be efficient, being always prepared takes practice and dedication, as you say, why would anyone like to be caught with their pants down? not even rabbits or small game stay out in the open for the predators to get them, they at least take cover most of the time.
Human beings collectively or in solitary seek the bullet!

Life instead of death! we must make the effort, by doing not hiding!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahraeann
Hoping for the end of the world is the cowards way out, its time to change our direction!
Action instead of tears!

It just is and I believe that suffering and going through all these trials and tribulations are invigorating to us and how we learn and grow from these experiences will determine who we are...

Most of humanity sadly is never taught to face the consequences of our actions, we do not learn from our experiences and always trip on the exact same stones!

I know people that have been in drunk driving accidents several times, they question their luck, I mean what is wrong with us? we seem to be taught to be completely oblivious to the fact that our actions have consequences, we would rather be drugged than facing the result of our actions!

there is much to learn form everyone and everything! thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Grate OP this helps people like me to think about ways to change the world for the people. We need to change the way we think if we are going to change anything in this world, because if the world is going to end i want us to know that we have done our best to save the human race.

As for each and every one of us we need to think and act on change for the people. Change in the way we live and learn. As we all know that we can not rely on TPTB.

Note to all - Have FAITH in your self.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thislifetimeismine

you are exactly right, its others that take our choices for us, others that are guiding us to the darkest pits, we just let them handle us like cattle, as long as we have our drugs and our fetishes fulfilled we care for little else!

Again dont get me wrong! there is nothing wrong in doing anything, with responsibly everything is possible, but if we invested one day, half the energy and the willingness we spend on our drugs and fetishes, we could change the world into something less sad! with more beauty and personal spiritual fulfillment!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

We are the only species that craps where we eat and "love" maybe not always by choice, but almost always by ignorance, the day will come when we will see the light.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

So you can see the problem that we face and that the only way we can change anything is by doing a little bit each day to change the way we think about the world. Because if everyone that reads this changes just a little bit the ripple effect will start and that is why i am here. I know that we can change the world to be a peaceful place for everyone.

Just have FAITH in yourself and if we can all do this, we become many, we become ONE.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thislifetimeismine
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Just have FAITH in yourself and if we can all do this, we become many, we become ONE.

I agree, I would just add
WE already are one, its just that right now, not everyone is pulling the cart in the same direction. Some want to take it down the ravine, other would hope to take it over the mountain, I would just like all of us to be free to decide what we may for our future.

Life is fragile and life is unique, lets not waste ours anymore!
cheers!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
REM says it best, its the end of the as we know it, www.youtube.com... enjoy the time we have

top topics

<<   2 >>

join