It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth does not always set you free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
we have all heard the saying right? the truth shall set you free. but in reality does it really

if someone came up to you today, right now and told you you have a big butt what would you say?
if the government were to go into full disclosure on every little conspiracy ever, would you be fully satisfied? would you feel *at ease*.
if god were to come down from heaven stand right and front of you and say hello would u believe it?
if someone tells you the paint is wet do u touch it anyway?

ok so far iv kept it tongue in cheek and light hearted lol but you get what im trying to say though. can we as a human species accept the truth, would we accept that theres alien life out there ( even after say for example it has been proven without a doubt that there is), or would we as a race just go into full panic mode.

can you accept a truth is someone came to you and told you everything they hate about you? would you appreciate it?

what about when it comes to kids, do you think that being 100% honest with your kids about something is beneficial to them? or does more harm?

see my theory is that as an individual we are all pretty smart right? we can think out with the norms and accept most things but we as society are panicky, worrisome, paranoid, self conscious, analytic...well you get the point. not really expecting much response to this really just wanted to get peoples views on wether or not they think int heir opnions the truth is always a good thing.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Truth is proper perspective of reality.

Truth is the appearance of material expression in reflection. Truth is an inward realization and not an extrinsic comparison made from the ego seeing in a mirror. A person finding truth becomes an expression of the truth. The object becomes the subject. What you are describing below is the object expressing a subject in comparison to another subject by reflection. Truth is one, while comparison is two.

Take temperature as an example. There is hot and cold by degree. The truth of temperature is that it is all degree and merely one expression of electromagnetic wavelength. A train engineer says, 'Can you believe they said the whistle on my train changes pitch?" The observer on the side of the tracks says, "Can you believe the engineer says the pitch of the train whistle stays the same?" In reality, both are true. Without knowledge of the truth of the Doppler effect, neither understands from a proper perspective. The material world is understood by frame of reference. Truth is realized by the understanding of the whole as a relationship.

Truth is proper perspective of reality, setting you free from the mistaken reflection of comparison.

Originally posted by ronishia
we have all heard the saying right? the truth shall set you free. but in reality does it really

if someone came up to you today, right now and told you you have a big butt what would you say?
if the government were to go into full disclosure on every little conspiracy ever, would you be fully satisfied? would you feel *at ease*.
if god were to come down from heaven stand right and front of you and say hello would u believe it?
if someone tells you the paint is wet do u touch it anyway?

ok so far iv kept it tongue in cheek and light hearted lol but you get what im trying to say though. can we as a human species accept the truth, would we accept that theres alien life out there ( even after say for example it has been proven without a doubt that there is), or would we as a race just go into full panic mode.

can you accept a truth is someone came to you and told you everything they hate about you? would you appreciate it?

what about when it comes to kids, do you think that being 100% honest with your kids about something is beneficial to them? or does more harm?

see my theory is that as an individual we are all pretty smart right? we can think out with the norms and accept most things but we as society are panicky, worrisome, paranoid, self conscious, analytic...well you get the point. not really expecting much response to this really just wanted to get peoples views on wether or not they think int heir opnions the truth is always a good thing.

edit on 23-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia

I'd say, "Compared to what"?

can we as a human species accept the truth, would we accept that theres alien life out there ( even after say for example it has been proven without a doubt that there is), or would we as a race just go into full panic mode.

I think as individuals, we definitely can accept the truth. But in large numbers, people panic so easily, that a one-time disclosure of something so huge would probably not be a bright idea. There's no way to tell how the world would react. I still think we should be told the truth. If people panicked and were killed, so be it. I really think the truth is that important.

If it was done in a kind manner, I think I could take it and yes, I would very much appreciate it! I don't have a clear idea of how I am perceived and I would love the chance to hear what people REALLY think.

I don't have kids, but if I did, I would be honest with them. I might not always tell them everything, but what I did tell them would be the truth. And I would be more and more open with them as they grew up.

Interesting questions.

new topics

join