It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Tornadoes Storm Created? Stationary Radar Rings Feeding Storms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I created this video a few moments ago... If you watch radar, you tend to notice some anomalies with random rings and squares showing up. What you may not notice is when these rings appear, a HUGE storm typically appears within 24-48 hours.

I noticed this one on Friday night, also... so when such a huge storm hit Southern Missouri, Western Indiana and Kentucky it really made me notice.

It's like they are intentionally flooding the Mississippi with these storms to potentially trigger New Madrid.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I've read that they are HAARP rings but some tend to disagree. A trend I noticed with these rings is that if you zoom in far enough on them, the epicenter is almost always either directly on top of or within a mile or two of an airport.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hazey

You're nearly there....

The rings are from feedback being picked up by the Doppler radar.

Guess where a lot of these weather radars are located....

edit on 23/5/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The doppler radar sweeps in a circle motion which is why these appear as circles on the image we see. They pick up the humidity in the air when it is high. You rarely see the circles over Arizona or New Mexico where the air is very dry.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by truthdrug

you do know the radar your looking at is a composite of all the national weather service radars. and guess what radars sweep the sky in a circle. thats why the storms appear to have a circular shape on the composite radar maps.

I live in Joplin. I saw this tornado with my own eyes and frankly I'm insulted that you think this was caused by anything other than mother nature! I was watching the super cell live on radar as it formed to the west of joplin and watched it explode on radar as it enter some very ripe conditions for tornados to form!

I tell you what why don't you come to Joplin and tell the families that lost loved ones, and all their worldly possessions today your theory and see whats happen to you

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by truthdrug

There's been plenty of threads about these rings here in Australia but I don't recall any storms following them..

Apparently it's just that our radar sucks..
Probably made in China like everything else here.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hazey
I've read that they are HAARP rings

"HAARP rings"??
WTF, no seriously, you just made that up, didnt you.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I live literally right in the area of those squares and I can tell you for a fact what they are.

Today the air was so incredibly thick that you could cut it with a knife. It was choking with humidity. Anyone with half a brain knew that big storms were coming.

I am a trained weather spotter and have interned at a NWS office (I nearly went to school to become a meteorologist but ultimately decided against it due to the ridiculous math involved). I also noticed these bands and squares when they were happening, but it isn't a big deal. Here is why, hopefully I can explain it well:

What happens is when the WSR-88D shoots their beams out to the horizon, near the fringe they are going through more atmosphere and therefore give false returns. In addition, the edges of this radar beam are cut off at around 150 miles from each station. So what you are seeing is the combined clutter of EAX (KC), LSX (STL), TSA (Tulsa) and LZK (Little Rock) station radars meeting and being cut off at what appears to be a dead zone. Now why is there an alleged dead zone? Because the NWS strategically places their radars in areas to ensure continuous coverage. So what lies in this "empty" square? Well it isn't a dead zone. SGF (Springfield) station radar is right in the middle of this area. But it doesn't pick up this clutter because it is in the area and isn't cutting through horizon humidity. It is helping to fill in a blind spot, and even where the other radars end, there is considerable distortion. So there is often a blend of composite radar stations to make it appear seamless. Today the air is so thick it looks like a patchwork. It is a patchwork. That's how the radar network works. This area of Missouri is extremely saturated right now. We have been having tons of flooding and the humidity is ridiculous. I feel like the rain and storms will never cease!

I'm not here to be a debunker. These are just facts. I live here, I experienced what happened, I personally know people affected in Joplin. This isn't fun and games. This is science. I have limited meteorological training, and am also a storm chaser. I began reading college level meteorology books when I was in 6th grade. I am passionate and knowledgeable in this area and hate it when people make up crap. Duchinsense or whatever his name is, I've watched many of his videos. I see little difference between his videos about the radars and the emails that go around once every couple years saying Mars will appear as big as the moon in the sky. It's all hogwash. Radars often have these halos due to fog, but also because of humidity levels nearing saturation at dew point and "juicing" the atmosphere. The station technicians have means to control the sensitivity and there are many computer algorithms that are often employed to reduce these artifacts, but it also depends on the conditions and the mode that the radar is set to. I'm a little hazy on this part, but from what I understand, there is a sort of a "storm mode" where things might be a little more sensitive or otherwise modified to penetrate better into thunderstorms. Kind of like how in winter the echos are returned differently as ice, I think they modify the beams to get good returns and data in that situation too. They need to be able to detect what is happening down low in the storm, such as the base radial velocity scans, to see if there is a tornado forming. These are often shot as low as 0.50 degrees. Since the area has tornado watches still up in some areas, it is likely that they are still on the lookout for tornado signatures and hook echos, as well as mesocyclone development and VIL (vertically integrated liquid water) to determine the likelihood of severe hail. As the forecast through Thursday calls for more severe weather and thunderstorms, the NWS offices in this area will be plenty busy throughout the week.

Once again, I'm not a debunker. I've seen a UFO, what is potentially ball lightning, and perhaps even a chupacabra or other unexplained animal. But radar streaks, halos, etc are in fact false echos, usually due to varying density, humidity, etc in the atmosphere. I'm not saying that something like HAARP could do something crazy like this. For all I know it is possible, but I think unlikely. But what I'm saying is that these sorts of radar returns have been around since the creation of these radar systems and are not able to show HAARP interactions or whatever else in this manner. These machines aren't perfect, and at the station I interned at, the radar often had to have maintenance due to many different issues. It also didn't help that locals liked to use it for target practice too. Yes, people in the area actually would shoot at it (it was borderline in the country). And people wonder why it often gives strange returns? Lol...these morons don't realize that it is an expensive piece of delicate equipment that is used to issue warnings that save their lives! Wow.

Please deny ignorance and thank you for your time!

midwest (aka weatherboy as my dad used to call me)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by midwest

I nearly went to school to become a meteorologist but ultimately decided against it due to the ridiculous math involved

Oh, my Gosh! Me, too!
Whatever synapsises you need to retain math skills I do not have. That really limits you from choosing most science. I hoped computers would create a math-free world, but hasn't happened yet.
I'm a cloud-watching, storm chasing, weather textbook reading, should-have-been-a meteorologist since I was about 12, when people I knew were (from school, although now I know their families from church) killed in the tornado outbreak back.....1979 maybe? They were blown off a bridge into a river in Indiana. Only one escaped, the rest were drowned. The one person I knew best from school was unfortunately hanging from the tailgate when the crane pulled the van up. Back when "live" news was in it's infancy. Luckily her family didn't see it.
Nice to meet you!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This is just dumb. If you bring up a map of weather radar facilities in the US, you will find smack-dab in the middle of each of your "radar rings" a weather radar. Radar sweeps are circular. Storms show up on weather radar, calm weather does not. Now apply some logic. Please.

And read all the posts on YouTube pointing that out to Dutchsense, who is spreading this type of thing out of ignorance and collecting $$$ for his quest.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
This is just dumb. If you bring up a map of weather radar facilities in the US, you will find smack-dab in the middle of each of your "radar rings" a weather radar. Radar sweeps are circular. Storms show up on weather radar, calm weather does not. Now apply some logic. Please.

And read all the posts on YouTube pointing that out to Dutchsense, who is spreading this type of thing out of ignorance and collecting $$$ for his quest.

And not one time, when these radar rings scaremongers make pronouncements of circular weather, have they ever found satellite visual imagery that would verify it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think the HAARP radar rings are way-off base. The radars or the rings don't do squat. Thanks to the new HD radars, we can see things which could have been invisible be it not for HD.

The rings don't start storms or anything else. But they do DETECT other anomalies which might.

What is RADAR? Wikipedia says RADAR is: radio detection and ranging, uses electromagnetic waves (frequencies,) and with modern technology, who knows what else. Possibly can detect those cloaked Romulan and Klingon vessels which stir-up trouble?

Perhaps, but enough with the tongue-in-cheekiness. While we agree that radar is useful, we can also agree there are technologies that exist, which may-well be beyond our sphere of knowledge, but all in all, things add up in an astute mind. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and has feathers like a duck, you don't need to see that it is indeed, a duck.

Dutchsinse, I suggest you revise your theory, the rings are not a causal function which creates storms. They are used for detection and ranging of technology used to moderate the weather. If you wish to believe that RADAR is passive, perhaps in itself it is, but it isn't when used in tandem with "other" equipment or technology which seems to be decades more advanced than what we are "used to."

Take the picture below. What are those "notches?" They look like waveforms or perhaps a "skewed" waveform modulated in some way at different power levels and frequencies?

Then again, what is this linear line below those "notches?" Meteorologists say those are nothing but "precipitation" but why is the space below and above the linear line clear? The same for the "notches?" There is no way any natural meteorological weather formation could form like this. Could this be "humidity pockets?" If so, why so measured and evenly spaced? Weather is not as consistently ordered as this. Or could the RADAR be picking-up something entirely different than we have seen before?

Suffice it to say, this is a mystery which needs to be addressed. People are going-off on all kinds of tangents trying to explain it away but I will say again, stop thinking in 2 dimensions and think in 3 or more.

CORKSCREW SPIRALS with two or more waveforms = weather modulation and directional aiming.

Thanks to the new HD radars and the ability for people to see the different levels of tilt, allowed me to see this and yes, I think technology exists, and yes I hope those are being used for good and not something malevolent.

In any case, we are watching. We will be vigilant to see anything which is hurtful or used for purposes of greed and monetary reasons. We have seen enough and no proof is needed for either justification of use or potential.

Remember God has eyes in places you do not, all that is needed is one confirmation through faith to reconcile intention.

Image referred to in this article. Note: Radar Linear Line and Notches (NW.)

Peace and Many Blessings. And please don't simply rely on science to explain everything; but use faith, wisdom, and have an unbiased mind and thinking. Only then will you know the truth.
edit on 24-5-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Grammatical Correction.

new topics

top topics

join