It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An extra tool to help debunk Hoax ufo/alien photos using image identification technology.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Hello all

I just stmbled across a website which could be very useful for debunking fakes, i did a search on ATS and didn't find any results so im posting it here, you upload the image and it will search where the image came from, how it is being used, if modified versions of the image exist, or if there is a higher resolution version.

It is the first website on the net to use image identification technology

www.tineye.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Yeah man I have used this for a while.

Here's another good tool Wayback Machine...good for finding info on sites no longer available/online. By "on sites", I mean literally content from the webpages themselves.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I just tried to use it and well.... this link speaks for itself.

www.tineye.com...

Trolled ?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WordPlayJAy

www.tineye.com...

Trolled ?

It worked, its told you that the image is an original and theres no other like it on the net.... a lot of UFO fakes are photos with spaceships photoshopped on to the,, so no, not trolled, it worked as intended

Photos have code implanted in them like from the camera and stuff which its taken with which it scans, but it cant scan objects or people in the photo so even tho that ugly dude in the photo might exist, that actual photo you used isnt anywhere else on the net, as where if i took that photo you uploaded and stuck a spaceship on it, it would find it

What you should do to test is find a ladnscape photo.... stick a spaceship on it and upload it... the website will find the other photos of the same landscape but with no spaceship so then you know the spaceship is acctually a fake and never was really on the original image

edit on 23-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Just as an example... i found a photo on the net, just a random photo and added my own alien spaceship, i uploaded it to the website and the site found the same unmodified photo.

www.tineye.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WordPlayJAy

www.tineye.com...

Trolled ?

You know, if you open up MS-Paint and draw a googly-eyed fish, tineye wont be able to help you either.

Now, should someone come up with an image that they intend to pass off as genuine, and tineye returns a match, then you can safely conclude buddy stole picture off net for hoax.

Look, here's an image that was posted recently.

Now checking tineye for it (I have the firefox plugin installed so I can just right click an image and ask tineye to search for it) I get this:

Resulting Matches

This is what the OP is referring to. This shows that the image I searched for was ALTERED. The original is still there and proves that someone created the former image.

Now in this case it means nothing, it's obvious...

But should someone pass off an altered image consisting of an existing background with added 'hoax elements' it's easy to determine.

Tineye, for all it's lacking points, is good for this at least!

top topics

join