It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... Where are the defectors posting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I can't help but think that some of the CIA "online spy's" who are hired to view "Jihadist" websites, anti-governments websites and conspiracy sites (like ATS) defect due to the overwhelming evidence of uncovered "conspiracies".

Groups hired/contracted to collect intel on websites, like ATS, are opened to the most compelling and critical discussions of the modern era... they may have otherwise not have viewed if their job didn't pertain to it.

Since they most likely wouldn't post on the website in which they were asked to scout-out....

Where are they all posting?

(websites are being watched; recent: www.cnn.com...)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Probably here or GLP....

Did you just defect?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Maybe there aren't any such people?

Are they allowed to quit their jobs? (which is what you're really describing....)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I can't help but think that some of the CIA "online spy's" who are hired to view "Jihadist" websites, anti-governments websites and conspiracy sites (like ATS) defect due to the overwhelming evidence of uncovered "conspiracies".

I highly doubt it. Those of us who frequent boards like this don't appear to be defecting in any significant number. I'd have to think CIA employees would be even less inclined. I read this site every day and defecting never has crossed my mind. I'm fairly sure that CIA employees go through a thorough enough screening to make defection an extremely unlikely occurrence.

You really think a CIA employee would defect over some stuff they read on an open source website? Maybe if they got deep enough in black ops to be repulsed by some things over the course of years that will likely never see the light of day, but I can't imagine posts on a site would do it. That would be extraordinarily lame.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Chances are these people are not posting. If they are on these websites on their own time these matters supposedly pertain to national security. Something you would not find posted nonchalantly on 4chan or this website for that matter.

new topics

top topics

join