It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the seventh seal of Revelations been opened?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I know that in some respects this seems like a stretch, but read the passage and then listen to what I have to say first....

Revelations Chapter 8

8:1 When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

8:2 I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.

8:3 Another angel came and stood over the altar, having a golden censer. Much incense was given to him, that he should add it to the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar which was before the throne.

8:4 The smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, went up before God out of the angel's hand.

8:5 The angel took the censer, and he filled it with the fire of the altar, and threw it on the earth. There followed thunders, sounds, lightnings, and an earthquake.

8:6 The seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

8:7 The first sounded, and there followed hail and fire, mixed with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. One third of the earth was burnt up, and one third of the trees were burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

8:8 The second angel sounded, and something like a great burning mountain was thrown into the sea. One third of the sea became blood,

8:9 and one third of the living creatures which were in the sea died. One third of the ships were destroyed.

8:10 The third angel sounded, and a great star fell from the sky, burning like a torch, and it fell on one third of the rivers, and on the springs of the waters.

8:11 The name of the star is called "Wormwood." One third of the waters became wormwood. Many people died from the waters, because they were made bitter.

8:12 The fourth angel sounded, and one third of the sun was struck, and one third of the moon, and one third of the stars; so that one third of them would be darkened, and the day wouldn't shine for one third of it, and the night in the same way.

8:13 I saw, and I heard an eagle, flying in mid heaven, saying with a loud voice, "Woe! Woe! Woe for those who dwell on the earth, because of the other voices of the trumpets of the three angels, who are yet to sound!"

We all know that God is the creator and commander of nature, so these trials in the seals are going to be natural disasters. (Take the great flood of Noah for instance)

I know that Wormwood has not appeared (maybe it is on it's way - comet Elenin??) I have seen youtube videos that show a 3 day period where Elenin passes between the earth and the sun. If it is big enough, it could cause a partial eclipse (the 1/3 thing - ie some kind of twilight??) There are also random rumours and conspiracies about that Elenin may actually impact with the earth. It is certainly going to pass us very close by.

But read the part about the fish in the sea. How many reports are there these days of dead fish washing up on beaches? There have been so many this year I have lost count. No-one can explain why this is happening and it is happening globally. There have certainly been many cases of the seas turning red (as blood) thanks to toxic algal blooms.

There have been many many wildfires thanks to droughts globally in the last few years too. I am beginning to think that this seal is not a literal series of events that happen literally instantaneously but the 1/3's will be destroyed over a relatively short period of time.

And you only have to read in the papers about the dire shortage of clean drinkable water in the 3rd world. So there is plenty of poison water around too.

What does everyone think? Are the signs there, or am I stretching it a little?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
We can find signs and symbols in almost everything..
For some reason i think if the seal was popped, we would know about it..
i wouldnt worry too much, just enjoy the show..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

You are jumping straight to seal 7? What about seals 1-6, have they already been opened?
Second.

st

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The part where you say "We all know God is the creator..... " is where half the people are going to stop reading your post.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

I could go through 1 - 6 as well, and yes, I think they have been opened and have come to pass. A very quick summary of them is:

* Deceptive religion (Matthew 24:4)—the first seal, or the first of the four horsemen [of the Apocalypse, or Revelation];
* Wars (Matthew 24:6–7)—the second seal, or the second of the four horsemen;
* Famines (Matthew 24:7)—the third seal, or the third of the four horsemen;
* Pestilences (Matthew 24:7)—the fourth seal, or the fourth of the four horsemen;
* Tribulation, religious persecution and martyrdom (Matthew 24:9–10)—the fifth seal.

Seal # 6 is a mystery may happen in quick succesion with the 7th - possibly describing the approach of a large comet before it crashes

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

That's the wonderful sweet little mystery of religion, no one 'knows' and those who profess to know should perhaps be put in the camp of Harold Camping.

Our local minister discussed this book with me one day and was of the belief that Revelations should never have been included in the Bible at all. Now you can take that statement with a pinch of salt if you like but that was her feeling. She was of the opinion that it was written by a mentally disturbed individual. (which brings us back to Harold Camping)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I am pretty sure that I havent heard any trumpets in the sky -

I think that the bible is just a guide/ref book to how people have lived and all the things that have been written about have already happened - no future telling etc just a story/guide book. I mean no offence its just my viewpoint and would never mock a belief as mine are pretty mad so i have utmost respect but to me i cant see their any prophecies - Man has sculptured religion to suit them and to control the minds of some who are vunerable or just not open to open thinking ... I have a little info in religion and i have researched and lived paths and this is my conclusions, namaste xx

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Well that is why I posted it in the Religion thread. If you don't believe that statement, then there is no point reading on further anyway.....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

just because you dont believe in a particular belief doesnt mean that you dont believe in something. I am not a convential believer, - I also like finding out about other peoples views, beliefs, the way they live and maybe we can learn from each other - basically I dont think that there is any wrong or right but its all very interesting ...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

I could go through 1 - 6 as well, and yes, I think they have been opened and have come to pass. A very quick summary of them is:

* Deceptive religion (Matthew 24:4)—the first seal, or the first of the four horsemen [of the Apocalypse, or Revelation];
* Wars (Matthew 24:6–7)—the second seal, or the second of the four horsemen;
* Famines (Matthew 24:7)—the third seal, or the third of the four horsemen;
* Pestilences (Matthew 24:7)—the fourth seal, or the fourth of the four horsemen;
* Tribulation, religious persecution and martyrdom (Matthew 24:9–10)—the fifth seal.

Seal # 6 is a mystery may happen in quick succesion with the 7th - possibly describing the approach of a large comet before it crashes

Right, so not really specific. I suppose when you live on a planet like ours, with such diverse climate, people with such differing views, you will be able to pick out these different seals all through history.

I suppose it could have its uses though, you could use it as a way of warning people of impending doom. Without actually freaking out the whole populace. Or as a way of freaking out the religious populace, if you so desired.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chiptrim

Revelation was and is meant to be an enigma until it comes to pass. There is no set timetable it is meant to follow and there are no specific dates that signs will occur. But if you take out the mystic language and look at the signs in nature, and today's society, I think you will find that there is compelling evidence that this is really happening in our time.

There is a lot of references to things happening in the heavens, such as the trumpets being sounded etc so there are some things that we may not experience here on earth in a literal sense. Any numbers in books like revelation are not literal, as in many places in the bible.

A great example of this and something that I think that has come to pass without anyone noticing or caring is this:

1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

The woman referred to here is no less than Mary, mother of Jesus. If you are catholic then you would know that she has been appearing an awful lot in the 20th century and has even made a statement that was sent in a letter to the pope saying that Satan has been allowed upon the earth for one century. The 1260 days in the desert possibly refers to her appearing in Zeitoun Egypt in the late 1960's. (Check out my other threads for more info on Mary and her works)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Why do you keep making these threads???

The FIRST seal hasn't been opened yet!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i think when the vision of the apocalypse happens, their will be absolutely no doubt. there won't be a wolf blizter pawning off climatic changes and tornadoes as freak occurrences. and it won't be a thousand dead sardines found floating in golf course pond.

literally the heavens will tear open and the four horsemen of the apocalypse are going to ride around earth leaving death and destruction behind and Jesus is going to come from heaven on a chariot of fire with an army of 100 million angels ready to lay waste to all of evil, satan and his angels once and for all.

this isn't going to be an event that you're going to blame haarp on. or you slept thru. or predicted by the weather network.

just to be clear, it'll be hard to miss.

there is going to be universal shock if it happens in our lifetime. there will be no doubt of Gods and Jesus' existence after that.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Well yes, it is more specific than that. The quoted text was just a quick summary of the guts of what is to happen.

You are correct in your assumption that they could be interpreted in many ways. The traditional view is that the book of revelation was about the end of the Roman empire. However, from what I know having been involved in Marian phenomena, we are living in the time of the book of revelations. Mary even explained it to one of the visionaries of Medjugorje.

The comet/asteroid (star wormwood and its appearance (impact upon the earth) will be the smoking gun for this prophesy should it appear and crash into the planet. I am merely suggesting that some of the signs are there if you look. Comet Elenin may and it is a pretty big stretch until it happens to cause mass destruction when it arrives. (I hope it doesnt)

If we want to debate all 6 seals one by one, I think that is a subject for another thread and it will be a lengthy one for me to write as I would provide more solid evidence than in this one which is pure speculation.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
There are no revelation seals and there will be no divine apocalypse. Why? Because time keeps ticking and everything is moving along as usual. I don't waste my life wondering and hoping for things that will never happen.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
reply to post by chiptrim

Revelation was and is meant to be an enigma until it comes to pass. There is no set timetable it is meant to follow and there are no specific dates that signs will occur.

There are some things that we may not experience here on earth in a literal sense. Any numbers in books like revelation are not literal, as in many places in the bible.

The woman referred to here is no less than Mary, mother of Jesus. If you are catholic then you would know that she has been appearing an awful lot in the 20th century and has even made a statement that was sent in a letter to the pope saying that Satan has been allowed upon the earth for one century.

The first quote above is a statement of fact, based on what?

The second quote above suggests that being literal about certain things might not be a good idea.

I'm not catholic and was not aware that Mary had sent a letter to the pope discussing Satan.

I am aware though that there have been alleged sightings, one recently in Africa caught my attention.

I can honestly see the temptation to fit things together to make a clear picture of current events but have to ask is it being honest mixing supposition with tenuous facts to create that picture?

Cheers!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

You are jumping straight to seal 7? What about seals 1-6, have they already been opened?
Second.

st

I missed the other 6 seals also...must've been on Facebook

The seventh seal has not been opened because Demi Moore is not pregnant (see movie reference).

In all honesty OP, no the 7th seal has not been opened in my opinion. People have been clamoring for the end of times since the beginning of time.
That being said; with what is going on in the Middle East and they start rebuilding the Temple...I may have to change my tune.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
None of the “ Trumpets “ have been sounded….yet.

Alright, when this does happen, you will not need to Ask the question “Has this already took place”. There will be No question in anyone’s mind that it happened.

Never have the earth experienced any of these thing, and when a third of ALL sea creatures die all at once you will know it, when a third of all ships at sea are destroyed, you will know that it has happened.

When a third of all green grass and trees are burned, you won’t need to Ask if this has happen, it will be unmistakable,

Likewise, when the 24 hour day is reduced to 16 hours you will know, not ever the powers that want to be can cover that up.

So NO, none of this has taken place … yet.

So, don’t fall into the same trap that so many before you have been ensnared in. That is trying to make scripture fit your preconceived theory’s, Let scripture speak for itself. Believe this those alive on the Earth when these things do take place will have no question in them that this is what is occurring.

So if anyone ever ask the question Is this the seventh trumpet, the answer will always be … NO.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
why would one pay any attention to a so-called predictive text that's been drafted almost 2000 years ago?
the only "prediction" I tend to pay any attention to is the scientific "prediction".
I can't understand why people take that collection of manipulated old texts as a guide.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
There are no revelation seals and there will be no divine apocalypse. Why? Because time keeps ticking and everything is moving along as usual. I don't waste my life wondering and hoping for things that will never happen.

lol. Good luck w/ that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join