It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the best sets of pictures I've ever seen...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I usually pass up 90% of the stuff I see on FB because of all the useless things everyone posts daily but I caught this from one of my clients today. Anyways, when I saw this and took a look I was blown away.

Our planet really is a beautiful, amazing thing. Not only because of itself and nature but because of us too!
Look at how amazing some of the human developments truly are. Not all is bad and evil.

Earth from Above

a collection of aerial photography produced by Yann Arthus-Bertrand "Earth From Above" is the result of the aerial photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand's five-year airborne odyssey across six continents. It's a spectacular presentation of large scale photographs of astonishing natural landscapes. Every stunning aerial photograph tells a story about our changing planet.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

I love stuff like this, thanks for sharing, it's funny how there's so much beauty all around us but we tend to be blind to it at times.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Amazing pictures. Looking at pictures like this you remember that mankind is capable of being peaceful!

S & F for you my friend

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing!
Amazing pictures! S&F!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I found exactly location of the beautiful sand dunes on Fraser Island in Australia if anyone wants to visit them one day i'm pretty handy with Google Earth/ Google maps

Google MAPS: -25.294371, 153.204947

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f63ad4349e2c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ed377a1be4f.jpg[/atsimg]

These truly are so beautiful! Australia i want to go there someday..
edit on 22-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I want to go to Tasmania, Australia someday look at this place its like a paradise! It would be lovely to live there....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa52a2d4eb52.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Not is all bad and evil? WTF? Are you kidding me?

Almost all of those photos show the destruction we've caused on our planet. A fricken coal mine in Africa? That's about the worst excuse for 'not all bad' I've ever seen.
Housing complexes, atom bomb epicentres, coal mines, freeways, solar power stations, Jesus Christ.
Keep your pictures of 'this is how we f*#k our planet' to yourself, especially if you're gonna portrat them as something beautiful and awe-inspiring.

edit on 22-5-2011 by manontrial because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Yes, amazing, s&f for sharing.

It's not about what good and bad, but more about why we do this. We interface with nature in the best ways we know. We're not always perfect, we don't always get it right, but we do need to live in our environment. To some that seems like a loss, but face it we can't all be hermits living in tune with nature. So what we do is terraform our landscape, causing pain and beauty both to mother earth at the same time. It's called making our existence functional. Function finds beauty in it's own realm. Perceive the underlying truth.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Thanks for the pics.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
These pictures can not be described with words. Simply amazing

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial

Not is all bad and evil? WTF? Are you kidding me?

Almost all of those photos show the destruction we've caused on our planet. A fricken coal mine in Africa? That's about the worst excuse for 'not all bad' I've ever seen.
Housing complexes, atom bomb epicentres, coal mines, freeways, solar power stations, Jesus Christ.
Keep your pictures of 'this is how we f*#k our planet' to yourself, especially if you're gonna portrat them as something beautiful and awe-inspiring.

I AGREE. WTF, , soon all will be man-made. With aluminum spraying from chem-trailing planes for global warming, we will be liveing on a giant sheet of aluminum foil soon enough

edit on 22-5-2011 by manontrial because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Very nice pics.Thanks OP.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It's great to get a different perspective. Being in the sky and being able to look down at the planet is such a firm reminder of how small we are in the grand scale of things. I find it interesting to see the mark we've made. We're such tiny creatures, barely visible from the sky and we've managed to erect some giant structures which are sometimes visible from space. Impressive and frightening all at once.
edit on 22-5-2011 by 22ndsecond because: Run on sentence

edit on 22-5-2011 by 22ndsecond because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Thanks for the photos. There's so much to see, explore and experience on this planet, now, today. While most are too concerned about the end of days and will continue to do so. I don't live to die, I die to live!

Peace and Love

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
Almost all of those photos show the destruction we've caused on our planet.
That is exactly why.

It is not yours. It is not mine. It is not ours. She is beautiful, but she belongs to nobody. Mother Earth may not always be the nicest, and at times she may seem to be a bit cruel, but she allows us to live here. We do not own her.

No matter what the situation is, the best 1st step towards change, should be taken by one's self. The solution begins with the person that you see in the mirror.

To the OP-

reply to post by notonsamepage
Since your comment, is not worthy of an official reply, I will give you this-

Originally posted by notonsamepage
so,,, that means we can do whatever we want just because we are not the owners? what is that?

No.

edit on 5/22/11 by BrokenCircles because: mmmmhmm

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

so,,, that means we can do whatever we want just because we are not the owners? what is that?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thanks for celebrating the beauties of Earth

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Agreed this is a lovely place and some of those pictures are things I will never see in person.
But some of the photos were just tragic.
I believe all of the tragic ones were man touched areas.
Good pics either way.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Agreed this is a lovely place and some of those pictures are things I will never see in person.
But some of the photos were just tragic.
I believe all of the tragic ones were man touched areas.
Good pics either way.

Agreed. The NATURAL photos were awe-inspiring but the MAN-MADE sites show just how out of balance man is with nature. IMO man has ensured his destruction by thinking we can conquer nature. So, so sad.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thanks very much for your post, we really have no concept of the magnitude that this great planet has to offer us all. I like to think that I am open minded about everything our earth has to offer. After viewing these images, I can safely say that I know nothing. These images should be mandatory viewing for us all.

<<   2  3 >>

join