It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Can, In A Fashion, Boycott The RFID.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
In A two part Youtube video I watched a while ago, from theantiterrorist, about the RFID chip, a good but simple idea was mentioned. If enough people had something wrong with their ID chip, eventually it would cease to be so "beneficial" and "secure", and perhaps it's usage would be weeded out.

In a thread I wrote here on ATS, I voice my opinion that here alone we are many, and can achieve much if we put our heads together. Now I'd like to try and make it work.

Recently, with my card, I received an error when it tried to read the chip, and it told me to swipe the card instead. Once I swiped it, the chip was detected and I was told to enter the chip. I called customer service and was told I needed a replacement card, big surprise. I asked if a chipless card were available and she exclaimed, "I knew you were going to ask that, I have a lot of people asking me that." (I informed her that if she wished to know why, she should research the RFID chip.)

When I went in to get a new card, the woman at the counter rolled her eyes as soon as I told her my chip was acting up, as if this were a very common problem. I made it a point to ask her for a chipless card as well!

So it seems the idea that was mentioned in the video posted above is happening without the attempt, a lot of peoples chips are failing. A good thing!
Perhaps we can speed things up a little bit.

If we all attempted to deactivate the chips in whatever cards we have that contain them, perhaps we can make it so it's not worth the production and hassle. Perhaps we can push the RFID chip to extinction.

The chip, from what I've seen, is copper, hard to corrode. I do, however, remember a science experiment in school were we corroded a penny using a battery, wires and salt water. This is all I could find online...

place about 1 cup of salt in a 5 gallon bucket and the wrap the metal with some wire attatch to one side of a 6 volt battery and drop in water, attach anther wier to other terminal and placejust below surface of water, should rust complatly in 4 days

source
I've also heard of ideas such as microwaving the card for a second or two, soaking them in dog urine and soaking them in bleach. I don't know if any of these ideas will work. the antiterrorist mentions using an EMP on it, but I'm not sure I have access to one of those, nor anyone else for that matter.

What I am suggesting is that we make this idea go viral and worldwide. I am suggesting that if some of you out there know of some effective ways to deactivate the chips in our cards, to please share that information. I am suggesting we all spread this idea around and attempt to have a piece of the ever growing chains of bondage broken, even if just a small link. It's a start.

so please, post your ideas and concerns. Share your knowledge. Lets show the world that, although we may spread our message using the internet, we can actually collaborate and get off our asses and solve some of these problems.
Thanks for reading;
Peace and One Love.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There is another simple precaution you can take against the RFID.

Tell them you can stick that thing in me "Over my cold dead body"

Seriously, if they try to force me to get one I will be ground zero for TSHTF.

And yes, you are correct. I have found that salt and distilled white vinegar will annihilate copper.
edit on 21-5-2011 by watchitburn because: add

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I love your post and love nearly all posts that begin with the word BOYCOTT. This is a method of non-participation that is used way top little and needs to be recognized for the very powerful tool it is.

I don't use ANY credit or debit cards, and that is how I express my non-participation, but systematically destroying them and requesting chip-less cards? Sounds good to me!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I like how you think. S&F for the general concept,

new topics

top topics

join