It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spanish Revolution has begun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The Spanish Revolution has begun

members.beforeitsnews.com

"We will stay in the square," said Juan Lopez, a spokesman for another protest group "Toma la Plaza" ("Take the Square").
"We respect the commission's decision ... but we have not called a demonstration, this is a movement of citizens."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Great article about the "Revolution" in Spain. over 20,000 people filled the square today in Madrid and similar protests and sit-ins/camp outs took or is taking place in 150 other Spanish cities. The article also has a Live video feed from US Stream of the La Puerta del Sol Square in Madrid. its nearly 4AM there and the square is packed full of people. good stuff.. Solidarity with the Spanish people!! m/

members.beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Yes, it seems like the people of Spain and Greece have reached that point where they have had enough. Check in my signature for a link to all the camps that are spreading all over Europe this weekend, and some in the U.S, too.

I am going to Bristol UK Camp this weekend. Will take some pictures for ATS while there and will write a Thread when I return.

There are so many people in Europe and U.S who have been totally isolated and alienated from and by the "new" ways of the Millitary Industrial Machine that is runing humanity and the planet! I have faith that this is something that needs to happen as part of our survival. Those who lord it over us need to be taught a peaceful but stern lesson they will not forget in a hurry.

We owe it to the people who died in 9/11 and all the related wars and violence in which millions and millions have suffered and died. It will only get worse unless people stand up and make their collective voice heard loud and clear.

Well, Bob Marley did say "One day the bottom will drop out"! Looks like that is happening right just about NOW!

One Love.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
it will be interesting to see how long they can hold out, especially if the government decides to forcefully break it up. I know italy is planning a ton of supporting rallies for spain. the experts have been pretty wrong so far... they said it wouldn't happen in syria or egypt so.. hey who knows. i know i see thousands of people in a madrid sqaure at 4:16 in the morning defying a ban on protesting. solid.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

And we here at ATS were ahead of the curve on this one AGAIN

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting tidbit: The Spanish civil war led to WWII........

Today we have many more than one civil war going on, the biggest being in Mexico

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A soccer stadium in Spain can seat an average of 50,000 people. 20,000 people protesting is not that much.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

it will be interesting to see how long they can hold out, especially if the government decides to forcefully break it up.

too late, they have been

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

nice try at plugging your thread man but to no avail it seems.

I am aware that there have been some clashes with police in the previous days but not since this thing really took hold and not since it became illegal 4 and a half hours ago..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

the spanish civil war did not exactly lead to ww2, but it was a fantastic training
ground for the german forces. many pilots, tank and artillery crews were trained
there. the germans got to try out new toys and tactics all of which proved to be
invaluable in hitlers coming war.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Very true... hell take a step further considering WWII was enginnered by rich bankers... got America out of the depression, gave the feds more power and jump started the Military Industrial-Complex.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The faster the European Union tears itself apart, the better for those here who run things.

I highly urge people to read The Next Decade by George Friedman, head of Stratfor. Current events really revolve around many of the forecasts in that book.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

your correct, the Spanish civil war didn't lead to WW2 at all. yes, all the major players were involved directly (USSR, Germany, Italy) or indirectly (US, UK) except Japan however the actual war and post-war had almost no bearing on WW2 at all. Spain participated some yes, they had a Division on the eastern front but the Franco regime lasted long after WW2 and the allies did nothing about it. He was good for business.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
When is this coming to America?

It seems like we never hear any suggestions of this stuff until it's full-blown and can't be denied anymore.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Since there are already another Spanish Revolution thread and a Portuguese one, I'll just post on this one since it is recent. After viewing some videos and reading articles about this I came across several Anonymous Spanish vids that are in support of this.

Though I understand Spanish I can't translate word for word, but the jest is that they are in support.

And actually, a matter of fact there are several vids that have just popped up too.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is interesting. I have a thread on a theory of how to predict future events by looking at history. Included in that was a Civil War in Spain.

Prediction Method with Interesting Results for 2011 (Thus Far)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

My friend, I am not here for stars, flags or replys

I could care less about plugging threads, just letting everyone know we are not ignorant.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kcoyote

Long time in the making...

Check the 1:53 minute mark. This was uploaded today, but I believe it was from last year, as he references the recent 1000 point Dow drop...

edit on 21-5-2011 by rstregooski because: bold

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
Since there are already another Spanish Revolution thread and a Portuguese one, I'll just post on this one since it is recent. After viewing some videos and reading articles about this I came across several Anonymous Spanish vids that are in support of this.

Though I understand Spanish I can't translate word for word, but the jest is that they are in support.

And actually, a matter of fact there are several vids that have just popped up too.

There´s something that bothers me very much about this video:

Spanish people are extremedly proud and jaelous of their lenguage, that much, that they don´t have subtitled movies in their movie theaters, they dubbit them ( make the voices in spanish, no subtitles), read and speak english and other lenguages words and names just like they sound in spanish, etc...

Writing "spanish revolution" and other stuff in english in the video, the twitter page and writing bigger in english, and a translation below, in spanish, it all led to think that it is not real.
I am mexican, live in Mexico, and we here have a lot of contact with spanish t.v. shows, movies etc. and believe me, they don´t put english before spanish.
manipulation? to make people believe that the stuff in spain is bigger than it really is? To fool you?

Ah! and there is no civil war in Mexico. Don´t believe everything you read.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here's a link to the live feed.

www.soltv.tv...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Spain's supreme court rejected an appeal late Friday to overturn the electoral board's order banning demonstrations on Saturday. Authorities insist that the day before elections in Spain should be free of political messages and campaigning, for a so-called day of reflection.
"Please don't bother us. We are reflecting," read a large placard held by demonstrators in Madrid's central Puerta del Sol plaza on Saturday.

edition.cnn.com...

Thats hilarious
the demonstration tonight is huge!! again. tomorrow should be an interesting day in Iberia

Vive la Resistance!

<<   2 >>

join