It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transformers, Transformers Everywhere!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So here's the deal: Take a look at all the recent transformer explosions from the last few months -

NEW JERSEY

Fire department officials responded to a transformer explosion at the intersection of 16th Street and Park Avenue yesterday evening, said a source from the Hoboken Fire Department.

NEVADA

The explosion occurred about 12:25 a.m. on Frank Sinatra Drive, behind the Monte Carlo resort. Responding firefighters were met by flames as high as 90 feet.

WISCONSIN

An electrical transformer blew up early Thursday morning, causing a fire on the roof of Nasco International Inc. in Fort Atkinson.

CALIFORNIA

The Los Angeles City Fire Department determined that an underground electrical transformer vault caused the explosion under the southbound lanes of Westwood Boulevard.

TEXAS

Fort Worth firefighters responded to several calls involving transformers and electrical problems Tuesday night, Fort Worth Fire Department spokesman Tim Hardeman said.

MARYLAND

Late Friday night only moments before the clock struck midnight a gathering of youths at the first annual “Campfires and Amplifiers” music festival in Piney Point were startled by the shock wave of an explosion coming from a transformer explosion which completely destroyed a supposedly abandoned building close to the campsite

and these are just a few from a quick search of news. I have also researched past years, and YES there are some transformer explosions, but not the amount and frequency.

IMHO...Something is up with either (A) The Weather (B) Elenin (C) HAARP or (D) All of the Above

What's your take???

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
over load from either flares or local weather phenomenon. not more than a month ago here in wisconsin we had a wicked bad storm. in my area there was constant lightning for over an hour. first time i've ever seen that happen, was pretty cool....other than the three tornados that is.

about the solar flares. we've known for some time the sun is gonna start gettin really crazy soon. expect more transformers to blow. not really a conspiracy though.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Yeah, you're right about conspiracy....I wasn't sure where to put this....Moderator, please feel free to move appropriately

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
yeah. i think its all the geomagnetic storming due to solar cycle 24.

as funny as it is, the us power grid is one of the most vulnerable.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neOrevolutionist

Well spotted NeoRevolutionist! Your data collection does strongly suggest a pattern.

In all my recent reading the only explanation I can think of that has a firm basis in reality right now are the phenomena of Solar Flares; I have read that the power grids are particularly vulnerable to these. Would also explain some of the strange weather we have been experiencing the world over, too.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here's your Google Map. I found several more that I put on the map. Enjoy.

Feel free do add as you find them and let's see if there's any kind of pattern.

maps.google.com...,120.9375&spn=37.681578,86.572266 &z=4

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Interesting angle you present here.
Could the problem just be aging infrastructure?
I could make the same style comparison with bridges, pipes, wiring, Etc.
I think I would sway towards maintenance and or age.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I went outside to soak up some sun on a work break yesterday and I saw a flat bed semi loaded with transformers of various sizes. A couple of them were huge. Later in the day I saw another one, it only had two big ones on it. They were headed west on Hwy 60. I live in Ky.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

My take on this is, There are millions of transformers all over the united states. It would make perfect sense that they would blow up due to many different reasons. I myself have seen 3 different occasions where a transformer exploded near me. So i would think it happens more often then one would think.

And on a side note, Believing in things that are not excepted by others is not a bad thing. But believing that a comet is causing transformers to explode is quite a stretch. Dont You think?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

This is also a great possibility. I guess one would have to find out the age of these particular transformers to know. But it is a very good point.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

I'm not sure we know what a comet could do to our atmosphere, weather, etc. I'm just making guesses, I don't pro-port to know anything.

Thanks for your input though.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Thanks for the additional info. I'll be taking a look at this later.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
We're coming out of the Solar Minimum. We have a lot more people on the grid these days. Technology has placed demands on the grid that were never planned for. We never maintain what we install, so who knows how many "iffy" transformers are out there. I would imagine that the transformers that are manufactured today can't hold a candle to most "old school" devices because it's all about cutting costs (read: cutting corners!) these days.
The amount of EM being pumped into the atmosphere today is proabaly 50% greater than it was 20 years ago. The GWEN network goes active a lot more these days now that the monster has been built.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yes the transformers - this is cyber warfare retaliation for the Stuxnet Virus that our government unleashed upon Iran. Our government may never fess up but that's what is going on with the transformers as well as other parts of our infrastructure... more to come no doubt... check out the articles below from Wall Street Journal and Washington Post. This is actually a great conspiracy theory that should be looked into a little deeper.

Grid Vulnerable to Cyber Attack
Spies Infiltrate Grid
edit on 26-5-2011 by sostoned because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by sostoned because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Here's an update to this thread that may be a warning for other countries to stop messing with our infrastructure... Is it possible that our next war will be just as much of a cyber-war as a conventional war? Will it lead to the destruction of the internet as we know it?

Cyber Attacks an Act of War

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I've read somewhere that the current power grip structure and all the equipment/etc. things that go with it are outdated or overloaded and have a weak structure. Perhaps this happens and no one really thinks about it (imagining it is a malfunction in the normal occurrence/running of such things?) or maybe it was the recent crazy weather in various areas? I'm not sure, but I don't think it is some sort of EMP or CME/Solar Flare/etc.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I'm not sure of the geographics but there is a ABB transformer manufacturing facility in Bland, Virginia (western Virginia).

All of the transformer explosions listed seem to be small distribition transformers that are relatively disposable. As far as I have heard the last U.S. plant for large transmission grade transformers closed in the 1990's. Probably a few rebuild facilities still going but no new builds, not competative or profitable and were "outsourced".

Transformers are very expensive so they try to stretch their use as long as possible. Storms, high heat, extreme cold, overuse and poor maintenance (budget cuts) all take their tolls.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

These are a lot more common than you know just most don't hit the news. Automatic switching takes over, they quitely get replaced and life goes on, no conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
there have been a lot more, and on the news .... keep an eye on these, if they keep popping in greater frequency bump this thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Was minding my own watching game 6 of the Boston Tampa series when the transformer on the pole opposite my house blew, spraying an oil all over the ground just below it. The power went out for about 12 houses on our block. Hydro took about 3 1/2 hours to fix it. As they were in the process of waiting for the materials to replace and fix the one that blew. The next block up ka-Boom the transformer on there pole went. So in the past week two in our neighborhood. I asked hydro and they said it was just old parts letting go and the neighborhood would have been brought online at about the same time, so I guess that works. But an hour and a bit apart......fishy too me. Was a nice warm sunny day, that day as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join