It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloaked UFO or USO in Lake Washington ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I just stumbled over an article about some sort of strange river flowing in a quiet lake.

It has a video attached to it, and it looks quite interesting and I thought I'd post it.

I also did a search for it and couldn't find it, so sorry if it has already been posted.

I was looking out the window at the lake about 6:45am noticing how unusually calm and still the water was when suddenly I noticed large, evenly spaced rings radiating across the lake (like dropping a rock in the water). From our vantage point I couldn't see the source of what was causing it but it had to have been very large to create those large, perfectly spaced rings. There were no boats out on the lake, no jet ski's, no kayaks, no barges......nothing. As the rings started to dissipate what looked like a raging river formed on the West side of the lake in a small narrow swath cutting through the rings that had formed. Not like the wake of a boat where it fans out, just a narrow strip all the same width with a strong, tumultuous current running in a North to South direction. The odd thing about it was that it didn't start at any one point.....it just appeared and definitely had a strong current moving in a Southern direction

I can't embed the video I think so here goes a link:

www.king5.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Not to crash your ufo prematurely, but you may find researching the magnetic anomalies that are happening all around the world over the past few months more of an interest.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Could have been a sturgeon. They've pulled some whoppers out of that lake over the years. One died a few years ago. They hauled it onto a flatbed and it took up the entire bed. Stank to high heaven. The lake is about 200 feet deep in places. I've gone down to 220 feet on surface supplied air there. Guy who was diving with me (We were a commercial diving class of about ten students) swore something bumped him when he was down there. It's a huge lake, BTW.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The area is filled with millionares. When I saw the story locally here in seattle, my first thought was that it was some sort of rich guys submarine test.

I.e. paul Allen.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

ok -- all us Washingtonians ,, need to band together.. so many of us are here and awake...

who's with me?

the U2U lines are open..

not too far off topic.. i hope.. sry OP
edit on 5/20/11 by darrman because: to apologize

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

the Montlake cut ,,as it is called is a "opening" that allows the lake to access the Puget sound,, and ultimately , the ocean..

we have had LARGE ocean-going Vessels in the lake many times, and I've heard,, EVEN submarines!!

just saying..!

it is deep.. and quite long & wide
edit on 5/20/11 by darrman because: spellinglish

I taught my child how to drive in a safe parking lot,,, possibly we teach,, new Sub-mariners, how to "drive" in a safe lake.
edit on 5/20/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I am going to go check that place out this weekend.
Thinking about renting a boat...
Wish I was a diver.
I hardly believe it is a cloaked ufo, but something caused this.
I wish the video was right on the shore(& longer) so we could make sure there were no boats.
Hope I find something!!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I don't think there is too much to get excited about here. Obviously, we can't see what happened because whatever did take place occurred under water but there are many normal explanations for what took place. The most likely explanation is that a pipe got blocked up which was holding extra rain/melted snow water and it suddenly managed to become unblocked which caused the effects in the video footage. Ideally it would have been great if the person recorded a longer video and perhaps if she was outside. Interesting video nonetheless.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That was freaky, I dunno what Id do if I saw that at a lake under the circumstances that lady was, just wich she could have at least panned around a bit to show more of the lake on either side of where she was filming.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

I taught my child how to drive in a safe parking lot,,, possibly we teach,, new Sub-mariners, how to "drive" in a safe lake.
edit on 5/20/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

I suspect that if one of our subs went through the locks it would be noticed. The Montlake Cut is only 30 feet deep. The draft of an Ohio Class submarine is 35 feet. The draft of a Los Angeles Class submarine is 31 feet. That doesn't count the conning tower. The test depth for both these subs is about 1,000 feet.

Sooo, I'm not thinking it makes much sense to test sub driving in a 200 foot deep lake since their draft exceeds the depth of the Montlake Cut anyway so they wouldn't fit.

I really hate it when the facts get in the way of a good story. Sorry.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Definitely looks like something underwater was causing that. Perhaps a big fish? Vessel?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Paul Allen owns property on washington lake. He also owns things like this:
www.geeknews.net...
and this:
www.bornrich.com...

His "Octopus" yacht has two submarines. I'd be willing to bet he was out playing with his toys, now that the Seahawks and Blazers are both on hiatus.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Paul Allen owns property on washington lake. He also owns things like this:
www.geeknews.net...
and this:
www.bornrich.com...

His "Octopus" yacht has two submarines. I'd be willing to bet he was out playing with his toys, now that the Seahawks and Blazers are both on hiatus.

Paul Allen's main adobe is, indeed, on Lake Washington. I'd be willing to bet the Octopus wasn't even in Washington State when the "ripples" were filmed. Lake Washington is a bit dull under the surface. It's coal black at 200 feet with a bottom composed of a few feet of mud. If the Octopus had gone through the Montlake Cut every news organization is Seattle would have had a story on it.
edit on 5/21/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I thought there are old rumors of nuclear subs being in Lake Washington. That shot is right off the shore and is not that deep. If the lady was just sitting there watching the lake on her back porch and all of sudden a whirlpool just formed out of nowhere I'd be freaked out too. However I'm sure there is a logical explanation for it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
it looks interesting.
but how hard is it to zoom in?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Submarine was one of the thoughts that jumped to my mind when I saw the water in motion.

I was not aware of submarines cruising this lake. Thanks for the information. Must have been a huge sub in order to displace these amounts of water.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Submarine was one of the thoughts that jumped to my mind when I saw the water in motion.

I was not aware of submarines cruising this lake. Thanks for the information. Must have been a huge sub in order to displace these amounts of water.

Do you actually believe that? There is no valid information that submarimes have EVER cruised Lake Washington. Any submarine of any appreciable size would have to get through the Chittenden Locks, across Salmon Bay, through the very narrow "Ship Canal," across Lake Union, and through the 35 foot deep Montlake Cut before entering Lake Washington, which is a mere 200 feet deep at its deepest. Once you get there there's nothing worth seeing, but there are a few submerged forests to run into. Yet a few miles away is Puget Sound, 1000 feet deep, and actually navigable by our largest submarines. The sub would also have to traverse the Ballard Bridge (opens), the Aurora Bridge (doesn't open), the Fremont Bridge (Low, opens, and is among the busiest in the world), the I-5 Bridge (doesn't open), the University Bridge (low and opens), and the Montlake Bridge (low and opens). Please note that this stretch of waterway is among the busiest in the world and essentially cuts through the middle of Seattle. There are numerous restaurants, bikeways, walkways, marinas, parks, and even houseboats along this route.

Please explain how you are going to get a "huge sub" through the Montlake Cut.

This makes no sense at so many levels that it is not worth considering as a viable option. It does, however, show how a mere ripple in the water (which was not all that big, frankly) can cause this abject ATS speculation that completely defies "denying ignorance" in favor of imaginative fancies that have no basis in reality whatsoever.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well, I'm not familiar with the area, and someone appeared to know precisely what he was talking about.

Judging from the displaced amount of water necessary to create such an amount of ripples, it must have been a hunter-killer class at least. So excluding the submarine, what might be left ?

Assuming the old lady didn't cgi the video.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

Do you actually believe that? There is no valid information that submarimes have EVER cruised Lake Washington.

Here's your proof:

Submarine Docking and Instruction Area - learn how to pilot a small dry one atmoshers submersible or rent a sailboat or electric boat

www.sub-find.com...

and some more proof:

www.youtube.com...

and more:

Trident Submarine Tour Tuesday, May 17th, 2011, 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM

www.lakewashnlus.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join