It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone remember the 70's?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Im posting this because im tired of the crap they call music these days... Nothing really uplifts people with the sh*t they pump out for the almighty dollar quite honestly, its embarrassing to even turn on the tv which is why i no longer have cable.

No one remembers the uplifting songs from the 60s and 70's now its all about greed and money and reality shows which have nothing to do with ordinary people. Most people dont act that way.

anyways, i wanted to repost this because Cat Stevens is one of the most decent of the era past, and some of the youngans under 35 may not remember that because Rap and Lady Gag Gag have clouded their brain cells..

Cat Stevens

edit on 20-5-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
And this one is so beautiful...

link   
Yes! Cat Stevens an amazing artist. And you are sooo right about all the commercial gaga rubbish!

Give me John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Hendrix, Morrison anyday! These ARTISTS were the real thing!!!

Now it is just a dead lot of "gaga"!!!

Respect!!!

link   
Nick Drake. R.I.P, Nick.

Yes, this was done by then, too.

Good Music; -1979. R.I.P.

edit on 20-5-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Though I don't agree at all with your views on modern music, I will say the 70's had some great music.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I remember the 70's very well.

I also remember being angry when Cat left for his Muslim Religion search. He gave so much great music and then disappeared! Didn't even leave a note...*sniff*

But yeah the 70's were fantastic for music. That's why so many techno-crap producers copy and remix stuff from the 70's. They just can't come up with anything on their own.

Then they have the nerve to sell it to the younger kids as their own creations since the kids usually don't know of the original.

Bah Humbug!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thats ok, we dont have to agree on everything here, just knowing that there is goodness and peace to be had in this reality, people need to remember that the Individuals who run this planet/reality can never take that away from who we really are. We are so much better than they are.

Originally posted by AmrikazNightmar3
Though I don't agree at all with your views on modern music, I will say the 70's had some great music.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You left out Todd Rundgren. A superb musician. I remember the music of the 70s very well, and miss it very much. The artists had something to say then and they said it well. You could feel the emotion in the song. Sadly today's lacks soul.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Not only do I remember the 70's but I still have many vinyl Albums from then.

The 70's were a free-er time to be alive. People were far more open and friendly back then, the 60's were still pulsing through our veins and the greed of the 80's hadn't been thought of yet.

Music back then may have hinted at sex, or rarely some violence, but today's music leaves nothing to the imagination.. it's all expressly laid out for the ear's to hear everything in detail. No wonder the youth have nothing to look forward to.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I know jude, but its kinda like what others in the past
did to christianity and every other belief system on planet earth. People who genuinely want Peace are always used for a higher evil adjenda. Always. It's done purposely to destroy mans trust in his fellow friend whatever culture colour or descent. It's done to divide and conquer and cause strife amongst the greatest army of all, Us. There are more people alive today than run the world, and their plan is to divide us and cause us to fight each other so they can continue their adjenda. I am so tired of it, i dont wish to fight anyone i only want people to be aware of it and wake up.

i]reply to post by jude11

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Thank you for that reply.

I love the fact that I can sit in a bar and relate to an older generation through music, be it 60's, 70's, etc. I love music. A bit off-topic, I know, though I thought I'd share that.

I'll definitely be checking in on this thread for the music alone.

Oh, not to mention you guys had some wonderful drugs back then.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
lol im not 'that old' ... barely 40 .. but i appreciate your reply

I noticed you had one of bill hicks quotes in your signature, i love bill hicks!

I just have to post this Vid now hehe.

Originally posted by AmrikazNightmar3

Thank you for that reply.

I love the fact that I can sit in a bar and relate to an older generation through music, be it 60's, 70's, etc. I love music. A bit off-topic, I know, though I thought I'd share that.

I'll definitely be checking in on this thread for the music alone.

Oh, not to mention you guys had some wonderful drugs back then.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
THE 70's!!! Hell yea! Best three years of my life!

What were we talkin' 'bout again?

link   

I spent most of the 70's listening to obscure soul singles of the 60's, it even ended up with it's own genre recognition as Northern Soul. but how could somebody not find the time in the 70's for this man. Saw him live once brilliant night,

edit on 12-7-2011 by spacedoubt because: fixed link

link   

My favorite decade, great music at an impressionable age...I am grateful!
Frankenstein

Reelin In The Years

Band On The Run

Take It To The Limit

Fly Like An Eagle

Peace,
spec
edit on 20-5-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I still listen Cat Stevens old music from time to time when I need to mellow out. I love thumpin to CCR while on road trips. A little Montrose, I could go on forever.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
lol i'm loving these replys i just love seeing people happy, really it's the way we all should be regardless of
the sh*t going down. Everything is Ok ever after, it is.

Originally posted by TDawgRex
THE 70's!!! Hell yea! Best three years of my life!

What were we talkin' 'bout again?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i love it, good stuff

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

The 70's were hands-down the best music ever. Nothing even compares!!!!!! Miss all that good stuff and love it when it comes on the radio. 70's music, rotary phones, analog tv with dials you had to turn by hand and...ah the 70's! (:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Late 70's, but 70's none the less. I love the guitar in this one.

I wanted to post some Janis Joplin, but she didn't make the cut.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join